Ross University School of Medicine MATCH 2016 Results!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When almost every friend of mine and acquaintance who has attended the Caribbean (schools including SGU, Ross, SABA, etc.) and made it back to the states to practice tells me NOT to go to the Caribbean and that they should have spent another year improving their app or going to a DO program...
that's saying something.

Like I've said before and will keep saying... if ALL you want is IM, FM, psych, and maybe peds, IN A LOCATION THAT IS NOT YOUR TOP CHOICE... and want to work ten times harder to get such specialties that are not normally competitive... then Carib is STILL an ok option.

However, you cannot tell me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get into a US school, atleast for DO.

DO offers grade replacement so that you could theoretically redo every class of yours and reapply with a 4.0 if you want to. Add a DO lor and shadowing and your chances of atleast getting an interview go WAY UP (of course if you have MCAT and other stuff up to par as well).

These are actual real interviews too btw.... not the sketchy skype and starbucks or basement type **** that Caribbean programs do with dudes with Tommy Bahama shirts on lol

We shall see. I'm done arguing with y'all! I'll report in 2 years how I matched my top choice.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

when was the last time a carrib matched into Uro. I guess if they can match derm they can match Uro. Pretty impressive two matched derm. Was certainly connections IMO.

Typed on phone

You already appear to have your head in yours why not finger a couple of new ones while you're at it I suppose

My finger is up my urethra? Well that's a tough one. How loose is your penile hole?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
when was the last time a carrib matched into Uro. I guess if they can match derm they can match Uro. Pretty impressive two matched derm. Was certainly connections IMO.

Typed on phone

That'll be me and all these people talking crap will be crying in their little hole that they got beat out by an IMG haha.

That'll be me and all these people talking crap will be crying in their little hole that they got beat out by an IMG haha.

If you couldn't get above a 28 MCAT after what I assume was multiple tries you have no hope of getting a step score high enough to compete for a decent urology program.

Is Walter lance your boyfriend or something? He seems to really like you and your posts.

Seems like a dig at him, not sure why you're including me in this? Perhaps you're running out of inane dribble?

Either way you're going to need this
10095934.jpg
so you can keep digging yourself that hole.

Hm... Don't think I'm digging myself a hole... But hey, I guess it's all just subject to interpretation. Either way, go be philosophical elsewhere :)

It's really fun watching overly contentious med students get all mad and territorial when talks about a competitive residency comes up!

Is Walter lance your boyfriend or something? He seems to really like you and your posts.

>gets offended by joke about the mentally challenged
>attempts to insult other user by insinuating he's gay
>goes to med school in the Caribbean

Reactions: 3 users
>gets offended by joke about the mentally challenged
>attempts to insult other user by insinuating he's gay
>goes to med school in the Caribbean

Not insulting him about being homosexual actually. I am a very accepting person! I have lots of gay friends I mean I was just trying to clarify their status.

Hm... Don't think I'm digging myself a hole... But hey, I guess it's all just subject to interpretation. Either way, go be philosophical elsewhere :)

It's really fun watching overly contentious med students get all mad and territorial when talks about a competitive residency comes up!

You think that's fun you should try watching a below average student stuck on an island in the middle of a manic episode. If I could film you, I'd have a hit show.

I don't think ppl care. Youre on SDN. Go to your local state school when you get home and see how many people actually gaf. Most will wish you well and try to help. Just don't be a dick about it

I'm loving this evolution from "I'm a simple down on his luck non-trad who just wants to be a doctor" to "I'm going to be a Hopkins urologist!"

I'm loving this evolution from "I'm a simple down on his luck non-trad who just wants to be a doctor" to "I'm going to be a Hopkins urologist!"

These threads usually peter out pretty quickly but this one's the gift that keeps on giving.

Since the previous warning to maintain a civil and professional discussion was ignored, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.