You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rowan 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
squiddlesyd
Rowan SSVM '30
IS acceptance! (40 min away from Rowan, my mail is just a little stupid and slow!)
squiddlesyd
Rowan SSVM '30
Just for accepted or waitlisted students!Just got an email about the “preview day for accepted or waitlisted students” but hasn’t received any email or mail about offer yet. Do they send this email to everyone who applied or just the offer holders😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fruits-and-veggies
Full Member
last cycle some very speculative math came up with ~11 people per quartile OOS. No idea if it's different this year, or if that was even an accurate estimate. iirc based on what I saw online the OOS list only moved like, 2-3 spots - definitely didn't get through the first quartileWas anyone rejected via email or is everyone waitlisted? How big do we think the OOS quartile is?
agentjaye1718
New Member
I'm in the same boat as you! I didn't see any waitlist attachment in that email but nothing came from Rowan in the mail today :/ I'm OOS in OhioJust got an email about the “preview day for accepted or waitlisted students” but hasn’t received any email or mail about offer yet. Do they send this email to everyone who applied or just the offer holders😳
Realistically how much do we think the waitlists are going to make this year? I think OOS might move faster than last year, IS less than last year, if at all. I’m thinking only people who are worried about a newer program or accepted to a cheaper school (only one I can think of off the top of my head is NCSU since they let students establish residency) would turn down their seat/ask to be taken off the waitlist
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Why would OOS move faster this year? Because there are more seats than last year? It seems that the program is more established this year so wouldn’t fewer people turn down based on your example?Realistically how much do we think the waitlists are going to make this year? I think OOS might move faster than last year, IS less than last year, if at all. I’m thinking only people who are worried about a newer program or accepted to a cheaper school (only one I can think of off the top of my head is NCSU since they let students establish residency) would turn down their seat/ask to be taken off the waitlist
I’m thinking the loan cap might make people a bit more hesitant about committing to a school whose OOS tuition is over the 50k cap, it’s 58k not including any living expenses. It’s not too much over, like say tufts is, but it’s still over by 8k, which would require private loans, some savings like a 529, or family help to make up the difference every year, plus whatever they’d need to live. I’m sure they’ve thought about it since they applied, but I still think it’s a factor when ultimately making a commitment decision. Ofc this is just speculation, there’s no way to know for sure how the lists will moveWhy would OOS move faster this year? Because there are more seats than last year? It seems that the program is more established this year so wouldn’t fewer people turn down based on your example?
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Does it say which quartile? Q1 or Q2?IS waitlist… #8
No, just my number on the list, but I know someone who’s IS and is in spot 33, so there’s at least that many people on the listDoes it say which quartile? Q1 or Q2?
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Has anyone been rejected from Rowan? Did they waitlist everyone this year so as to not upset applicants?
PaintingParrot
Full Member
I mean, they said on their instagram that rejected applicants will receive an email. So they might just get to know later, on Monday or something (after most people have received their acceptances by the physical mail).Has anyone been rejected from Rowan? Did they waitlist everyone this year so as to not upset applicants?
caleighnicole12
New Member
IS Waitlist #7....praying for the best but I can let you know if I hear anything! 🤞No, just my number on the list, but I know someone who’s IS and is in spot 33, so there’s at least that many people on the list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
honeythebadger
New Member
I still have gotten no mail, although I got the preview day email last week. I’m OOS but not that far and I’m starting to worry the mail has gotten lost or I got the email by accident. Is anyone else in the same boat/reached out to admissions?
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Did you check to see whether there were two attachments on the email? If not, I’d call or email admissions.I still have gotten no mail, although I got the preview day email last week. I’m OOS but not that far and I’m starting to worry the mail has gotten lost or I got the email by accident. Is anyone else in the same boat/reached out to admissions?
agentjaye1718
New Member
I was in the same situation so I emailed them yesterday, they replied right away and let me know that I was accepted! I am also OOS.I still have gotten no mail, although I got the preview day email last week. I’m OOS but not that far and I’m starting to worry the mail has gotten lost or I got the email by accident. Is anyone else in the same boat/reached out to admissions?
honeythebadger
New Member
Update: got my acceptance this morning! I’m in CT so I really did not expect mail to take this long, but feeling so grateful. Congrats to everyone else and if you are still in this situation, keep a little hope!I still have gotten no mail, although I got the preview day email last week. I’m OOS but not that far and I’m starting to worry the mail has gotten lost or I got the email by accident. Is anyone else in the same boat/reached out to admissions?
I emailed and they said they would call them emailDoes anyone know how they contact people they're pulling off the waitlist? I wasn't sure if Im waiting on an email or if they called people?
Oh good they do both, ive been having issues with my phone not accepting calls or voicemail and I was afraid id miss themI emailed and they said they would call them email
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Are you IS or OOS?! What’s your waitlist # or quartile?
IS #9 🤞🏻🤞🏻 3rd app cycle and first time making it past the interview!Are you IS or OOS?! What’s your waitlist # or quartile?
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Nice!!IS #9 🤞🏻🤞🏻 3rd app cycle and first time making it past the interview!
catlordcommander
Full Member
what's everyone wearing to rowan's preview day?
farmgirl04
Full Member
has anyone gotten information on where to meet for preview day?
Business casual (slacks & blouse) with sneakerswhat's everyone wearing to rowan's preview day?
PaintingParrot
Full Member
It’s at the vet school, 1000 Gilbreth Parkway, Harrison Township, NJ 08062. Once you get there, there are signs pointing you to where to park and stuff. There’s also more detailed directions on Rowan’s SSVM website: Directions to SSVMhas anyone gotten information on where to meet for preview day?
squiddlesyd
Rowan SSVM '30
Did they say anything at preview day about when financial aid packages would be sent out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catlordcommander
Full Member
Did anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
I don’t believe so. They said last night that the out of state waitlist is approximately 25% or 25 people per quartile, which seems insane.Did anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?
Therefore, even if people are in Q1, the chance of getting in is slim to none.
As far as I know they didn’t reject anyone this year so it would seem that the higher quartiles were just soft rejections, which I think is giving folks false hope and is a bad look for the school.
squiddlesyd
Rowan SSVM '30
On the zoom last night they said a few weeks (April), but they might say more on the financial aid zoom tomorrow!Has anybody received a financial aid offer? The paper in the acceptance folder says we were supposed to get an email "later this month" (March)
As far as I know no, and they said they will be sending out offers to waitlists as the seats become available, but idk how true that is since I haven’t heard of anyone being pull off yet. I don’t expect to hear anything until after April 15th it there is movement. I agree with the other response that sending out an excessive amount of waitlists and no rejections is giving false hope, and that’s not a great look for them. As far as I know they got to 15 last year, but that’s without BBB, so I expect that we’ll get much less in state movement, but potentially more OOS.Did anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?
caleighnicole12
New Member
Im #7 and got the call this morning!!Did anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet?
catlordcommander
Full Member
Congrats! Are you IS?Im #7 and got the call this morning!!
branragamuffin
New Member
Got accepted from the IS waitlist as #11!!!
livelycranberry673
New Member
Congrats to everyone who has been pulled from the waitlist so far! Does anyone know if there has been movement on the OOS side, or if anyone OOS is planning to decline their seat?
GraniteLedger47
Full Member
Haven’t heard anything related to OOS yet. Which quartile are you?Congrats to everyone who has been pulled from the waitlist so far! Does anyone know if there has been movement on the OOS side, or if anyone OOS is planning to decline their seat?
livelycranberry673
New Member
Second quartile and trying to remain cautiously optimistic with how much the IS waitlist has movedHaven’t heard anything related to OOS yet. Which quartile are you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
also second quartile, fingers crossed things start moving! I'm planning on applying to their masters program anyway since it is exactly my interests!Second quartile and trying to remain cautiously optimistic with how much the IS waitlist has moved
catlordcommander
Full Member
Do you know what quartile this was?Got pulled off the IS waitlist at #16, will be accepting the seat!
oatmealandtea
Full Member
1st quartile OOS just got an acceptance call!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K