Cornell 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys this is super dumb of me but I never knew there was a portal for Cornell's application outside of VMCAS. I'm assuming I got rejected since I did not get a call from them today, but does anyone know if they even considered my application because I did not have a portal account? I feel so dumb right now for not checking if they had one 🙁
 
Guys this is super dumb of me but I never knew there was a portal for Cornell's application outside of VMCAS. I'm assuming I got rejected since I did not get a call from them today, but does anyone know if they even considered my application because I did not have a portal account? I feel so dumb right now for not checking if they had one 🙁
I literally made my portal account today because I did not know about it. Not having the portal does NOT mean you necessarily got rejected. Also, there is no update in the portal yet.
 
The portal literally has nothing on it besides verification that you submitted the necessary documents and the VMCAS application, so I'm sure its not too late to set it up and has no impact on the decision
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yall I got a morning and afternoon call from a cornell professor who left a message both times saying they had news about my application. Buttt my notifications were muted so i didn’t see until late tonight bc I was working🥲
i didn’t know they’d be doing calls, Ive just been refreshing my mail but now I’m lowk freaking out lol

Does anyone know if missing the calls affects my standing/ Do they move on in the que of offers or how does that work?

Also, IF it is an acceptance (🤞🏼) are they just letting you know or do they expect you to say you accept or not?
I figure just to lyk but I had to ask

Huge congrats to everyone accepted!!!
 
Last edited:
Yall I got a morning and afternoon call from a cornell professor who left a message both times saying they had news about my application. Buttt my notifications were muted so i didn’t see until late tonight bc I was working🥲
i didn’t know they’d be doing calls, Ive just been refreshing my mail but now I’m lowk freaking out lol

Does anyone know if missing the calls affects my standing/ Do they move on in the que of offers or how does that work?

Also, IF it is an acceptance (🤞🏼) are they just letting you know or do they expect you to say you accept or not?
I figure just to lyk but I had to ask

Huge congrats to everyone accepted!!!
they just let you know and that more info will come !
 
Does anyone know if missing the calls affects my standing/ Do they move on in the que of offers or how does that work?
It shouldn't affect your standing unless they didn't hear back from you for an extended period (like, many many days or a week or two I'd guess) or never got a hold of you at all. I imagine they'd try to email you at some point too. I wouldn't stress about returning a call the next day
 
Decisions are now online! Congratulations to everyone who got in and wishing the best of luck to everyone who got rejected elsewhere... the cycle is not over!
 
Screenshot 2026-01-07 at 10.10.12 AM.png
 
I got an email telling me my portal was updated and saw someone on facebook got waitlisted— they may be going out slowly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS rejection - congratulations to everyone who got accepted/waitlisted!
 
Has anyone else had issues with their pre-req status? My offer letter says I still need to take Physics II, but I’ve already taken physics courses up to Physics III during undergrad. I called them, left a voicemail and also sent an email regarding this, but still slightly panicking... Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how you handled it!

Edit: They got back to my email and updated my pre-req status - it now shows as fully fulfilled!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea of the financial aid that Cornell would offer? It’s my dream school but I don’t think I can afford it.

I was accepted OOS last year and ultimately had to choose another school due to cost. I did receive a scholarship to Cornell, but it did not make a dent in the cost difference. Cornell was also my dream school in many ways and the decision hurt for a long time, but I don't regret it.

I'm happy to discuss specifics about the financial aid they offered me over DM -- that goes to anyone 🙂 Congrats everyone!
 
my OOS letter says it will be non-resident tuition for all 4 years. based on research, i think it will be hard to claim residency :,(
I'm still waiting on an IS decision, so i hope i have more financial options.
Yes, my understanding from last year is that Cornell does not allow you to convert your residency status to in-state after the first year. I remember this because it was a big factor in my decision. It wouldn't hurt to reach out to their financial aid department to make sure
 
Hey guys! Congrats on all those accepted! I am an OOS waitlist and wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the waitlist is and if it moves much?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an idea of the financial aid that Cornell would offer? It’s my dream school but I don’t think I can afford it.
i was offered a scholarship last year (unsure on what basis) and as an OOS student without a cheap IS school, it would’ve made Cornell one of my cheapest options if I were to get it each year. unforch it was only a 1 year scholarship but i believe they said it was likely i would’ve continued to receive it as long as i kept grades up.
 
I'm bamboozled how this was one of my few rejections when they're the only school that asks about publications and the quality of my essays for them was better than on my other applications
 
I was accepted OOS last year and ultimately had to choose another school due to cost. I did receive a scholarship to Cornell, but it did not make a dent in the cost difference. Cornell was also my dream school in many ways and the decision hurt for a long time, but I don't regret it.

I'm happy to discuss specifics about the financial aid they offered me over DM -- that goes to anyone 🙂 Congrats everyone!
Please!!! This would be so helpful. I had the same comment at the bottom of my offer letter that makes it seem like I'd be paying OOS tuition all 4 years, even if I get residency in NY. I already knew it would be a little over 200k without financial aid, but now it'd be 265k. I love love love the curriculum at Cornell and would love to at least consider it, but literally how can I justify that when my in-state option is less than 100k (granted I get in), even if I would be happier OOS.
 
Please!!! This would be so helpful. I had the same comment at the bottom of my offer letter that makes it seem like I'd be paying OOS tuition all 4 years, even if I get residency in NY. I already knew it would be a little over 200k without financial aid, but now it'd be 265k. I love love love the curriculum at Cornell and would love to at least consider it, but literally how can I justify that when my in-state option is less than 100k (granted I get in), even if I would be happier OOS.
For sure! I'll DM you right now
 
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! So exciting. Does anyone see where to access the Dean's Letter of Good Standing Form?
 
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! So exciting. Does anyone see where to access the Dean's Letter of Good Standing Form?
I was trying to find it on the tracking portal as well but couldn't find it anywhere. I am going to email them along with questions regarding financial aid portal.
 
Does anyone know what grades we need to maintain to avoid having our Cornell Vet offer rescinded? I only have one semester left and I’m doing fine, but I just wanted to ask for peace of mind.
 
Also, Is the financial aid application portal still blank for you guys as well?
I just logged onto the portal and it’s still blank for me too. I emailed them yesterday afternoon and got an auto-reply saying they’re experiencing a high volume of emails and will respond within 3 business days.

That said, I noticed two new forms showed up on my portal today: the “Dean’s Certification” form and the “Your Response” form. But when I click on the Dean’s Certification form, it opens a new page, asks me to sign in again, and then just redirects me back to the home page without showing the form.

Also, when I tried to pay the deposit to accept the offer, I entered my card info and got an error message that stopped me from submitting the payment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just logged onto the portal and it’s still blank for me too. I emailed them yesterday afternoon and got an auto-reply saying they’re experiencing a high volume of emails and will respond within 3 business days.

That said, I noticed two new forms showed up on my portal today: the “Dean’s Certification” form and the “Your Response” form. But when I click on the Dean’s Certification form, it opens a new page, asks me to sign in again, and then just redirects me back to the home page without showing the form.

Also, when I tried to pay the deposit to accept the offer, I entered my card info and got an error message that stopped me from submitting the payment.
Im having the same problem, hopefully they fix it soon.
 
Hello, prospective class of 2030! My name is Alina and I am one of the 2029 Class Representatives. Please use these following links to help you connect with other admitted students. We have created a GroupMe and Facebook page where we will be posting housing information, tips, and answering any questions you may have! Facebook Page
GroupMe
Thank you!!!!!
 
When you fill out the form for the info session signup, is it supposed to send a confirmation email? After I pressed submit it just sent me back to the applicant dashboard. If i click "fill out" on the info session again, it allows me to submit again. Does that mean my response wasn't recorded? Or should I email admissions?
 
When you fill out the form for the info session signup, is it supposed to send a confirmation email? After I pressed submit it just sent me back to the applicant dashboard. If i click "fill out" on the info session again, it allows me to submit again. Does that mean my response wasn't recorded? Or should I email admissions?
Mine didn't seem like it was submitted at first, but now it says "You signed up for the info session on _______."