Sackler 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loops Chan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time to take the leap - who's doing the Sackler dance this year? I'm working on the app right now...

Members don't see this ad.

whats a competitive application to sackler?

Members don't see this ad :)
how does sackler consider multiple mcat scores?

and

does anybody know the average numbers?

Sackler is becoming more and more competitive (similar to med schools across the USA). I am a Sackler student and I know a bunch of people in my class and others who have taken the MCATS more than once, so I do not think it is a big deal.

ok.... do you suspect that they consider your highest scores, subscores, etc... or do they just look at everything on the whole...

Schools are always going to see all of your scores and most likely take any improvement into account. Students accepted to sackler have a range of mcat/gpa scores and the adcom most likely considers your entire application/interview.

Just show them the best you can do and hope for the best. Good luck!

thanks so much... if you don't mind me asking what were your #'s, credentials.. also, if i had to choose between technion and sackler, what might b advantages and disadvantages of each?

thanks

2nd year here- i was accepted off the waitlist last year.

Last edited:
I just got an interview and scheduled for February 14, with the 7th being the first day they interview, so I guess they've just begun.

Hey guys,

I just submitted! Nervous and excited.

Quick question, did anyone else notice formatting issues? The textboxes looked fine before I submitted, but the submitted version got rid of all the paragraph spacing and it's all one giant block of jumbled text that's very hard to read. Anyone else have that problem? I don't want my application to be overlooked because of formatting issues. :(

Also, for people who already have interview, when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed today in Cleveland, Ohio. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I'm sure you will be fine. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I interviewed with a Sackler alum who is practicing in Cleveland. I think it just depends on where the applicant lives and whether or not there is an alum in the area. I applied on October 17th and they emailed me an interview invitation on January 12th.

Really really relaxing interview though. I honestly can't stress that enough. It seemed as though my interviewer was primarily concerned with finding out how interested I really was and whether or not I could handle living in Israel.

Got an invitation on the 13th! I live in LA and I'm interviewing with an alum but he hasn't contacted me yet so not sure when I'm interviewing.

Definitely excited...hope it goes well.

hey, just got an interview as well! so stoked! waiting for the interviewer to contact me.

rcorn, did you ever hear back from your LA interviewer?

Just wanted to let everyone know that I called the admissions office yesterday and found out that they will begin making final application decisions in march.

anyone know if sackler notifies applicants of rejections?

hey, just got an interview as well! so stoked! waiting for the interviewer to contact me.

rcorn, did you ever hear back from your LA interviewer?

I finally heard back today. I have my interview next Friday February 4th.

I finally heard back today. I have my interview next Friday February 4th.

good luck! i just had mine and it was super laid back. wonder if we'll have the same interviewer. who is yours?

good luck! i just had mine and it was super laid back. wonder if we'll have the same interviewer. who is yours?

Thanks appreciate it. My interviewer is Dr. Zev Wainberg. Did you have him? What kind of questions did he ask you?

Thanks appreciate it. My interviewer is Dr. Zev Wainberg. Did you have him? What kind of questions did he ask you?

No, I had another Dr interview me. But just like everyone said, mostly they are concerned with knowing just how interested you are in being a doctor, studying in Israel and why you want to go into medicine. They also want to see that you have the maturity to adapt to life in a new country. Other than that, he asked me about what my extracurriculars meant to me and about my study abroad experience. The only question I wasn't really prepared for was how as a woman I plan to balance my personal and professional life. Like timing of family or potentially leaving my significant other behind to go to Israel. Rcorn, are you a guy or a girl? Let me know how it goes!

No, I had another Dr interview me. But just like everyone said, mostly they are concerned with knowing just how interested you are in being a doctor, studying in Israel and why you want to go into medicine. They also want to see that you have the maturity to adapt to life in a new country. Other than that, he asked me about what my extracurriculars meant to me and about my study abroad experience. The only question I wasn't really prepared for was how as a woman I plan to balance my personal and professional life. Like timing of family or potentially leaving my significant other behind to go to Israel. Rcorn, are you a guy or a girl? Let me know how it goes!

Thank you for your help! That sounds pretty straightforward. I'm a guy btw. I'm really excited about sackler, I would love to live in tel aviv for 4 years. Hopefully we both end up there. I will definitely let you know how the interview goes. Good luck with admissions!

Hey all,

Current Sackler student here willing to answer any and all questions...I know I had many when I was applying.

For those that haven't interviewed yet...my interview was really laid back (it took place in a starbucks with an alum). The questions were really basic: why do you wanna be a doctor, why Israel, etc. Nothing crazy. Don't stress!

Hey all,

Current Sackler student here willing to answer any and all questions...I know I had many when I was applying.

For those that haven't interviewed yet...my interview was really laid back (it took place in a starbucks with an alum). The questions were really basic: why do you wanna be a doctor, why Israel, etc. Nothing crazy. Don't stress!

What size is the incoming class and how many interviews are usually given? What do you like about Sackler and what do you think needs to be improved upon? Thanks for your help, its definitely nice to hear from an actual student.

Classes are around 60- no idea how many interviews

Last edited:
I just received a 2010-2011 General Catalog from Sackler... anyone knows what that means? It's from last year and postmarked the date of my interview - that makes no sense and is making me nervous. Has anyone else who has gotten in or is scheduled for an interview received last year's catalog?

haha they did that to me last year- dont worry about it.

Last edited:
Are there many people who have interviewed and not gotten in? Or does an interview mean you are most likely getting accepted?

no it does not. what school do you know does that?

I just received a 2010-2011 General Catalog from Sackler... anyone knows what that means? It's from last year and postmarked the date of my interview - that makes no sense and is making me nervous. Has anyone else who has gotten in or is scheduled for an interview received last year's catalog?

why in the world are you worried about a stupid catalog?????

As opposed to most other programs who publish some sort of statistic, Sackler does not. For example a school could post that they get 6000 applications, interview 1000 of those, and accept 200 of the interviewed.

Sincer Sackler does not have any numbers, I am trying to get a feeling. If no one knows anyone who interviewed and did not get in then I would imagine that by getting an interview, you have passed a strict screening and the interview is just to make sure you can handle Israel and that you are a normal person.

that logic makes no sense. most people in my class are not on this thing and did not know anyone else who interviewed. no one knows sacklers logic.

that logic makes no sense. most people in my class are not on this thing and did not know anyone else who interviewed. no one knows sacklers logic.

Thank you for the answer to my question- "No one knows."
That doesn't mean my question makes no sense.

What size is the incoming class and how many interviews are usually given? What do you like about Sackler and what do you think needs to be improved upon? Thanks for your help, its definitely nice to hear from an actual student.

Hey,

So unfortunately...it's true- no one has an real idea on stats for how many people are interviewed and how many are accepted/rejected. It's just one of those frustrating things applicants to Sackler have to deal with....

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer to my question- "No one knows."
That doesn't mean my question makes no sense.

never did i say your question didnt make sense. i said your logic doesnt make sense. if you were interviewed they liked you enough. after that its out of your hands and you should stop trying to figure out sackler's logic. there is no percentage for those who interview that get accepted. it doesnt change your chance of getting in so stop trying to figure that stuff out.

do they notify applicants of an interview over the phone or email?

They notify applicants by e-mail about interviews.

Last edited:
thanks! good luck to you!
just curious: how long after your application was submitted were you notified of an interview?

I just had my interview today and I was a little disappointed to say the least. I understand the interview was supposed to be "laid back" but it was too laid back, in my opinion. The interviewer did not seem like he was prepared and did not know what questions to ask. I made sure to steer the conversation to make sure I conveyed all the important information. It turned me off from Sackler a bit. Still I feel like I did well given the circumstances. I would love to be in tel aviv studying medicine so I'm hoping for the best at this point.

I just had my interview today and I was a little disappointed to say the least. I understand the interview was supposed to be "laid back" but it was too laid back, in my opinion. The interviewer did not seem like he was prepared and did not know what questions to ask. I made sure to steer the conversation to make sure I conveyed all the important information. It turned me off from Sackler a bit. Still I feel like I did well given the circumstances. I would love to be in tel aviv studying medicine so I'm hoping for the best at this point.

I'm not sure why you're upset about a laid-back interview. Do you really think that medical school interviews are a good way to screen whether or not an applicant will be a successful medical student or good physician?

I'm sorry if I sound crass, but your comment just sets off a red flag. If this really bothers you, then you might not be happy here (see prior posts regarding pros and cons).
Maybe instead of complaining about the interview you could have reacted positively because the person who interviewed you probably regarded the interview process as a trite formality with little predictive value and just wanted to see what type of person you are.
Wow, what a shlub this guy must be, how dare him not conduct his interview to suit the needs of a holy college-grad.
What makes you think that this guy doesn't have an sdn account either?
(don't freak out, I didn't interview you).

But seriously buddy, if you want to come to Sackler and be successful - just take a deep breath and try to focus on what's actually important.

I'm not sure why you're upset about a laid-back interview. Do you really think that medical school interviews are a good way to screen whether or not an applicant will be a successful medical student or good physician?

I'm sorry if I sound crass, but your comment just sets off a red flag. If this really bothers you, then you might not be happy here (see prior posts regarding pros and cons).
Maybe instead of complaining about the interview you could have reacted positively because the person who interviewed you probably regarded the interview process as a trite formality with little predictive value and just wanted to see what type of person you are.
Wow, what a shlub this guy must be, how dare him not conduct his interview to suit the needs of a holy college-grad.
What makes you think that this guy doesn't have an sdn account either?
(don't freak out, I didn't interview you).

But seriously buddy, if you want to come to Sackler and be successful - just take a deep breath and try to focus on what's actually important.

Wow relax. All I was saying was that I wish he got to know me more as a person. I just left feeling unsure about the interview because he didn't seem to ask enough questions. I do believe I will be a good doctor and I just wanted to convey that in the interview. And yes an interview is very important in getting to know whether an applicant is a good fit for the school. I didn't appreciate you jumping at me like that.

Wow relax. All I was saying was that I wish he got to know me more as a person. I just left feeling unsure about the interview because he didn't seem to ask enough questions. I do believe I will be a good doctor and I just wanted to convey that in the interview. And yes an interview is very important in getting to know whether an applicant is a good fit for the school. I didn't appreciate you jumping at me like that.

Hey man, shoulda just said that in the first place. I'll buy you a beer in TLV to make it up to u

Hey man, shoulda just said that in the first place. I'll buy you a beer in TLV to make it up to u

Ya I guess my original statement could have been misconstrued a bit. Definitely down for that beer though!

thanks! good luck to you!
just curious: how long after your application was submitted were you notified of an interview?

Thank you! I submitted my application 11/10 and got invited 1/13

I have my interview on the 23!
I already got into Ben Gurion and Robert Wood Johnson in NJ. Out of these three schools, does anyone know which is the best? I know there is the age old argument about US vs. foreign schools, but does it really make that much of a difference? I truly want to be in Israel, I just want to make sure that I'm not sacrificing a better education.
Thanks in advance for all your help!

I have my interview on the 23!
I already got into Ben Gurion and Robert Wood Johnson in NJ. Out of these three schools, does anyone know which is the best? I know there is the age old argument about US vs. foreign schools, but does it really make that much of a difference? I truly want to be in Israel, I just want to make sure that I'm not sacrificing a better education.
Thanks in advance for all your help!

It makes a HUGE difference US MD vs. FMG. You have to work soooo much harder as an FMG to be at the same playing field as an US MD when it comes to applying to residency. Although Sackler provided me with some of the best years of my life, you would absolutely be CRAZY to go to Sackler over Robert Wood Johnson.

I've interviewed at BGU and will be interviewing soon at Sackler. I understand that both schools provide a good medical education, that both schools will match very well for US residencies, and that BGU places special emphasis on global health.

All these important factors aside, can anyone share general impressions of the cohort - fellow students, etc. - in these two schools? Are there striking differences between the med students at these two institutions, their general outlook on life, their interactions with teachers, the 'gestalt' of these institutions etc.?

Any insights would be deeply appreciated...

I have a few questions about this program.

1.) How many students are there per year? And does anyone know how many people apply?

2.) Do you think it's too late to apply?

Thanks