This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CornIsMyJob

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if I'm in the right forum or not but I'll post a thread regardless. I've recently looked into studying dentistry in Germany but only now am I looking into the salary of dentists in the country and it's rather disappointing. Is there a reason why I'm only seeing that dentists are paid ~$50,000? I understand that there are some 4 year undergraduate programs for dentistry but for a DDS it seems incredibly low compared to the U.S.. If that's truly the salary, would it be feasible to have 2 jobs to amount to what I could make in America? I love dentistry but it seems a bit off that after 10 years of schooling I'll only receive roughly half of what I can make in the U.S..