Screwed up my primary application. How damaging would it be if I’m “completed” by December / January?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted989644

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I wanted to ask the folks here a question.

This morning, I found out that one of my transcripts on OptomCAS wasn’t sent. I did it today, but I still have to get my transcripts verified...and then my application verified, which will push me into November.

After that, I have an OAT for November, so that will then push me into December if that goes alright.

I have a few questions because my GPA isn’t the strongest (3.2), though I have years of ophthalmic experience and strong recommendations:

-How damaging is it if I get my app “done” by Dec / Jan with my current GPA? I’m really looking at Berkeley and SCCO for schooling.

-How damaging is it if I have to redo my OAT in Jan / Feb due to the 90 day wait...if the OAT doesn’t go well?

I’m so concerned that I derailed my whole application since this is very late.

Thanks.
 
I sent my OptomCas in a few days ago and it was verified and I heard back from schools for interviews in less than a week including SCCO. I see interview spots are filling up a bit so I probably would apply soon so your schools can see that you are interested and emphasize how you will study hard and send them a good OAT score. I'm similar with a not great GPA but a lot of optometry experience. Also if the score doesn't come back great or if it does you will at least have your foot in the door and have a good case for if you need to re-apply.
 
I sent my OptomCas in a few days ago and it was verified and I heard back from schools for interviews in less than a week including SCCO. I see interview spots are filling up a bit so I probably would apply soon so your schools can see that you are interested and emphasize how you will study hard and send them a good OAT score. I'm similar with a not great GPA but a lot of optometry experience. Also if the score doesn't come back great or if it does you will at least have your foot in the door and have a good case for if you need to re-apply.

Okay. I got my last transcript sent in, so OptomCAS is working on the transcript entry. I’ll make sure to get a turnaround as fast as possible, so that part should be done by November.

Besides the transcript stuff, I did submit in my finished application parts earlier on. It’s just that it has no test score and no grades - the essays are done though.