SDN Secret Santa: Summer 2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YOU GUYS. I just got the most incredible, special gift from my secret Santa!! A beautiful piece of art that’s a silhouette of my lab Daisy and kitty Marley in CSU green and gold :biglove::biglove::biglove:

I’m moving in a few days and this will definitely be hung up on my wall. Marley will be coming with me but Daisy has to stay behind so this will be a great reminder of what I’ll be working so hard for in vet school.

I’m not sure who my santee is (only full names were included and I covered them up for our privacy), but I am blown away at your gift. Thank you a million kajillion times, this is so very special to me! YOU DA BEST
0CED71AD-722F-4049-B42D-A2A91BBE5BE3.jpeg
08F8E430-EF53-42E0-8A80-598E9832AE1C.jpeg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YOU GUYS. I just got the most incredible, special gift from my secret Santa!! A beautiful piece of art that’s a silhouette of my lab Daisy and kitty Marley in CSU green and gold :biglove::biglove::biglove:

I’m moving in a few days and this will definitely be hung up on my wall. Marley will be coming with me but Daisy has to stay behind so this will be a great reminder of what I’ll be working so hard for in vet school.

I’m not sure who my santee is (only full names were included and I covered them up for our privacy), but I am blown away at your gift. Thank you a million kajillion times, this is so very special to me! YOU DA BEST
View attachment 238019 View attachment 238020
THATS SO CUTE
 
YOU GUYS. I just got the most incredible, special gift from my secret Santa!! A beautiful piece of art that’s a silhouette of my lab Daisy and kitty Marley in CSU green and gold :biglove::biglove::biglove:

I’m moving in a few days and this will definitely be hung up on my wall. Marley will be coming with me but Daisy has to stay behind so this will be a great reminder of what I’ll be working so hard for in vet school.

I’m not sure who my santee is (only full names were included and I covered them up for our privacy), but I am blown away at your gift. Thank you a million kajillion times, this is so very special to me! YOU DA BEST
View attachment 238019 View attachment 238020
Eeeep!!! I’m glad you love it! that was one where your Santa sent us an image of the gift right before they sent it, and I was in loveeeee!
 
YOU GUYS. I just got the most incredible, special gift from my secret Santa!! A beautiful piece of art that’s a silhouette of my lab Daisy and kitty Marley in CSU green and gold :biglove::biglove::biglove:

I’m moving in a few days and this will definitely be hung up on my wall. Marley will be coming with me but Daisy has to stay behind so this will be a great reminder of what I’ll be working so hard for in vet school.

I’m not sure who my santee is (only full names were included and I covered them up for our privacy), but I am blown away at your gift. Thank you a million kajillion times, this is so very special to me! YOU DA BEST
View attachment 238019 View attachment 238020

:hello:

I’m so glad you like it!

I’ve been doing stuff like that for the last few years, but everyone wants art pieces of their pets lately...I figured it would be a good fit!

You’ll have to send a picture when you have it hung up in your new place!
 
YOU GUYS. I just got the most incredible, special gift from my secret Santa!! A beautiful piece of art that’s a silhouette of my lab Daisy and kitty Marley in CSU green and gold :biglove::biglove::biglove:

I’m moving in a few days and this will definitely be hung up on my wall. Marley will be coming with me but Daisy has to stay behind so this will be a great reminder of what I’ll be working so hard for in vet school.

I’m not sure who my santee is (only full names were included and I covered them up for our privacy), but I am blown away at your gift. Thank you a million kajillion times, this is so very special to me! YOU DA BEST
View attachment 238019 View attachment 238020

Omg that's so cute! I wish I'd had time to make my santee something but the only art skills I have is in glasswork and it would have taken me like 20 hours that I didn't have 🙁
 
:hello:

I’m so glad you like it!

I’ve been doing stuff like that for the last few years, but everyone wants art pieces of their pets lately...I figured it would be a good fit!

You’ll have to send a picture when you have it hung up in your new place!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I am seriously so touched, and I know how special it is that you asked for pictures of them and picked out my vet school colors and everything.

I think I won Secret Santa this year 😍
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I am seriously so touched, and I know how special it is that you asked for pictures of them and picked out my vet school colors and everything.

I think I won Secret Santa this year 😍
I got a really great gift, similar to that last Christmas!!! Combined my love for red pandas, my favorite colors, the Divergent series, and called me Doctor (which I will be in 2.79 years)

365400B9-AD16-4207-AC7B-346CA09E2910.jpeg
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I am seriously so touched, and I know how special it is that you asked for pictures of them and picked out my vet school colors and everything.

I think I won Secret Santa this year 😍

Awwww 😳

Well if your future CSU friends (or anyone!) needs more artz, I love doing comissions! :whistle:😍😍
 
Finally got mine in the mail after work today. Hope it reaches you soon, Santee! (Also please forgive that I totally stole a Patterson box from work and mailed your things in it lol)

@vetmedhead -- Meats! Thank you so much for the gifts! It's like Christmas in July!! You are thee best! She is currently squeaking the **** out of the duck as I post this! :laugh: We will be playing tug of war with the caterpillar later 🙂

IMG_4434.jpg


IMG_4438.jpg
 
Ho ho ho!!!​

We have received confirmation that the Elves have worked very very hard, and Santa is officially sent all of his presents via the postal service!

All of the boys and girls of SDN SUMMER Secret Santa have been very good, and no one made the naughty list (that didn’t ask to be on my naughty list :naughty: )

I am leaving the country, and @JaynaAli will be the person to ask if there are any questions! Continue sharing gift pictures, I love to see them!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang all you slackers kept me from winning the last to ship contest 😛

Actually I won this contest. Sorry, my stuff just went out today. Turns out when you're cutting 2-4 backs/necks per day, you accumulate inpatients that sometimes take a hot minute to go home. But I got them all out (except the one that came in late on Thursday night) so hit up the post office today.

And....as for my own gift, it was brought to me yesterday since I am not in Columbia at the moment and I had it shipped there. I only took 2 pictures.

@RedLauren let me tell you a story. It's probably a boring one but this is why the cookies made me giggle. You see, I play competitive Splatoon 2 online. A few people on my former team are from TX, and for whatever reason Buc-ees became a meme on our team. We even entered a tournament with Buc-ees themed in game names once. So, the cookies serve the purpose of both being delicious and providing a laugh for myself and my former teammates.



And, my dog likes the toys as well. Here is one of them in action. Fierce Toller.



Anyway, thank you so much! Perfect gifts. 🙂
 
Actually I won this contest. Sorry, my stuff just went out today. Turns out when you're cutting 2-4 backs/necks per day, you accumulate inpatients that sometimes take a hot minute to go home. But I got them all out (except the one that came in late on Thursday night) so hit up the post office today.

And....as for my own gift, it was brought to me yesterday since I am not in Columbia at the moment and I had it shipped there. I only took 2 pictures.

@RedLauren let me tell you a story. It's probably a boring one but this is why the cookies made me giggle. You see, I play competitive Splatoon 2 online. A few people on my former team are from TX, and for whatever reason Buc-ees became a meme on our team. We even entered a tournament with Buc-ees themed in game names once. So, the cookies serve the purpose of both being delicious and providing a laugh for myself and my former teammates.



And, my dog likes the toys as well. Here is one of them in action. Fierce Toller.



Anyway, thank you so much! Perfect gifts. 🙂
I’m so glad you and Hachi like it! It appears the cookies melted a little bit but hopefully they still taste good. And that’s hilarious, every good Texan loves Bucees.
 
@vetmedhead -- Meats! Thank you so much for the gifts! It's like Christmas in July!! You are thee best! She is currently squeaking the **** out of the duck as I post this! :laugh: We will be playing tug of war with the caterpillar later 🙂

View attachment 238034

View attachment 238033
Glad you both liked everything! I took the "I would never buy a 3 foot dog toy for myself?" as a personal challenge lol
 
Mine came in today! Pictures incoming tomorrow but the gifts were spot on (Cheese loves his pineapple toy) and also hilariously fun for my parents' dogs too (their lab may or may not have run into a wall trying to the the laser pointer). I wish my santee had put their name in the box so I could properly thank them but thank you all the same! 🙂
:hello: it me :smuggrin: glad you and the kitter catter liked things. I tried to avoid the feathers but I couldn't not get the pineapple 🙂 also that random brand of chocolate is one that is from Germany and they randomly had on St. Kitts and I fell in love with it there. Hope it didn't melt too much haha!
 
Mine came in today! Pictures incoming tomorrow but the gifts were spot on (Cheese loves his pineapple toy) and also hilariously fun for my parents' dogs too (their lab may or may not have run into a wall trying to the the laser pointer). I wish my santee had put their name in the box so I could properly thank them but thank you all the same! 🙂
*Waits semipatiently*
 
Do we know who got dvmd’s ceiling fan box yet?
We do

I GOT A CEILING FANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU @DVMDream!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an amc gift card since there’s one near school, AN AMAZING TIE BLANKET THAT HAS BOTH DISNEY AND RAVENCLAW, AAAAAND two fabulous books to hopefully help me survive anatomy!! (Which btw dvmd the coloring book has actually been just sitting in my amazon cart while I’ve been debating on buying it :laugh:) View attachment 237672
View attachment 237671
 
Fair warning to my SS...I’m out of town until next weekend, but will be sure to shower you with appreciation when I get home🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:hello: it me :smuggrin: glad you and the kitter catter liked things. I tried to avoid the feathers but I couldn't not get the pineapple 🙂 also that random brand of chocolate is one that is from Germany and they randomly had on St. Kitts and I fell in love with it there. Hope it didn't melt too much haha!

*Waits semipatiently*
I tried to lay everything out to take a picture but predictably Mr. Cheese jumped in and started stealing everything lol.

Also, even more funnily, he crawled into the box the night I got it, pulled out the pineapple toy, and ate the feather off it while I slept lol. It's really cute and he drags the toy everywhere!

20180728_180400.jpg
20180728_180503.jpg
20180728_180520.jpg
 
Looks like my package finally made it over the border and through customs and is on its way to my Santee, woo. 🙂

I realize that that probably really narrows down who it's for, but whatever. I'd totally forgotten to include the note that I'd written, anyway. Haha.
ITS FOR ME ISN’T IT?! I GET A SECOND PRESENT DON’T I
 
Looks like my package finally made it over the border and through customs and is on its way to my Santee, woo. 🙂

I realize that that probably really narrows down who it's for, but whatever. I'd totally forgotten to include the note that I'd written, anyway. Haha.

Omg I don't even know if it's for me but imma get excited as one of the rare Canadian beans!

Mine is... Still sitting at customs in LA. Note to self, probably wasn't smart sending cat nip across the border. Probably gonna get secondary every time I fly to the states now hahaha
 
Actually I won this contest. Sorry, my stuff just went out today. Turns out when you're cutting 2-4 backs/necks per day, you accumulate inpatients that sometimes take a hot minute to go home. But I got them all out (except the one that came in late on Thursday night) so hit up the post office today.

And....as for my own gift, it was brought to me yesterday since I am not in Columbia at the moment and I had it shipped there. I only took 2 pictures.

@RedLauren let me tell you a story. It's probably a boring one but this is why the cookies made me giggle. You see, I play competitive Splatoon 2 online. A few people on my former team are from TX, and for whatever reason Buc-ees became a meme on our team. We even entered a tournament with Buc-ees themed in game names once. So, the cookies serve the purpose of both being delicious and providing a laugh for myself and my former teammates.



And, my dog likes the toys as well. Here is one of them in action. Fierce Toller.



Anyway, thank you so much! Perfect gifts. 🙂
omg you have a duck toller too??? I love you even more now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad