SDN Secret Santa: Summer 2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Amazon was a dweeb and sent my gifts in 2 separate packages (even though I TOLD IT NOT TO) so if you got a gift today and you're like "that's a cheap gift," wait until tomorrow!
It did the same with mine 😢 Though that's my fault because I forgot to tell it not to separate them.
In any case, part 1 was delivered today, part 2 should arrive on Wednesday 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgot to post the other day by thank you to my secret Santa for the gifts! My dogs are going crazy for the hammerhead shark and the candle has been burning nonstop... I love the smell!


And to my santee please hang tight the shipping is taking longer than I planned and I was on hold for an hour trying to figure out when it’s suppose to be delivered because it’s M.I.A 😕😕 I’m going to send you a makeup gift as well for the hold up! Be strong little santee
 

Attachments

  • FC554282-DE83-4CC9-A230-D0D74B4EA7A9.jpeg
    FC554282-DE83-4CC9-A230-D0D74B4EA7A9.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 186
Finally got to open my gift today as I just moved into my new house (gahhhh)!!!
Thank you @Glammyre for the incredibly thoughtful and most delicious cookbooks!!! I will definitely be using the student cookbook and I now have even more excuses to bake yummy goodies!!!!
Finally, thank you for the absolutely positively most spectacular gift on the planet...Medical terminology: the basics!!!!! I'm geeking the freak out over it!!!!!!! :biglove:
Love you Glam! And thanks for the lovely note 😍
8wf0rLijegvgRHN_pKZqXzHIcAgr1kTzR4xt2hVVNtwfonUWzqMOkJjQ3nagW7k0zJDWufBUEWQdjtIg5Z2sqi89CKCDiLWKk4JyNXc6w7CCC7e4HH776EsIrhSsrQdxSnQu-CsDhfbvSy5eYFcSO4ITLMHZg2RENPmCvg-fFW0gxUdJD8c9a5StUiDfAI7_Z4DYs138xHC5_eP8w6fndruTi5LewVFAT8FymLxASFOhMpqcUlFeJbZ8YecXVumrLRvtSWM-VfKZDVBYM6d-JhHzFDFX-RaXbPP3VMwnq8LYCVTb06Ua82u6j0j3imAOo5DrCxVXXVEi2dbQWp5JCv4JqyOvmK-W86CMgR9-yWY7LYiFBE6UikcRnBmAd6-OhMaVKM5wOpSpjiIvLucMlzi8Iw-0-of_oa5SRoPK0yz_fwo4k-C3S1KeY0WB0LSczngwC9DSEjbLFhOcwqp9gQBQp0W6CD9C9QZKc6zFM4zB9CNUCVfL6kZ4CdBJkfCxeGscDmQ_RkJ4K00lUmdktoYx_HSrShIBxl5wXah5KVw1STo4mbT51c5YBkgsfeISwL98OqtIedYlFZ3_CsHDFKh6AAoR0TN6ne1stlOd=w548-h974-no
 
Forgot to post the other day by thank you to my secret Santa for the gifts! My dogs are going crazy for the hammerhead shark and the candle has been burning nonstop... I love the smell!


And to my santee please hang tight the shipping is taking longer than I planned and I was on hold for an hour trying to figure out when it’s suppose to be delivered because it’s M.I.A 😕😕 I’m going to send you a makeup gift as well for the hold up! Be strong little santee
Those pretzels are crack cocaine.
 
Amazon was a dweeb and sent my gifts in 2 separate packages (even though I TOLD IT NOT TO) so if you got a gift today and you're like "that's a cheap gift," wait until tomorrow!
Man this sort of happened to me too. Amazon lost one of the gifts I sent. But like 20 minutes after I emailed them they sent a new one for free.
So giftee, uh, if you didn't receive that last one today, then you should get it soon and it may or may not include the original gift note I put on it.
 
I'm now back in town and shipping RIGHT NOW THIS MORNING. Will follow up with pictures of mine RIGHT LATER THIS EVENING promise. 😛

I ran out of packing tape (it will be reinforced at the post office, don't worry) but right now the package is somewhat held together with cat stickers, vetwrap and generic scotch tape. Be prepared Santee. Your Santa is a horrible adult. I'm so sorry. :laugh:
 
Dear whoever had me - I won't be at the address that I listed for another week so don't be bummed that I'm not sharing yet. I'm excited 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear Secret Santa,

Thank you so much for the white rabbit morning mug. You have no idea how much I love my morning tea and this will help so much! 🙂

As you can see, Jaxford has already started chinning the box so I guess that’s not mine anymore.

View attachment 237766


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay, I'm glad you like the mug! I wasn't sure what to get you for awhile but then I stumbled on that and thought it was adorable.

Also I'm glad he likes the box, but tell Jaxford his actual gift is coming... just with slower shipping. 😛
 
Yay, I'm glad you like the mug! I wasn't sure what to get you for awhile but then I stumbled on that and thought it was adorable.

Also I'm glad he likes the box, but tell Jaxford his actual gift is coming... just with slower shipping. 😛

I was hoping my secret Santa would reveal themselves! Thank you so much! I'm actually getting hot water ready for my tea now. All of my other mugs seem to go missing. :whistle:
 
Dear Secret Santa,

Thank you so much for the white rabbit morning mug. You have no idea how much I love my morning tea and this will help so much! 🙂

As you can see, Jaxford has already started chinning the box so I guess that’s not mine anymore.

View attachment 237766


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I APPRECIATE THE BUNNY PICTURES. @Caiter92 has been slacking lately!!!
 
So, I got a great little goodie pack for my animals...

first, some treats:
s02AIOy.jpg

HIQcM9A.jpg


A sloth hammock (EEEEHH!!) for my ferrets:
KO0EwK3.jpg


...with quite the concerned expression imo:
iEIWh3f.jpg


And a cat wand! Which I took out immediately after opening the package, then put back in the box to take pictures...

...and later found across the room, choking one of my other "pets," Jayden:

PDxOHu2.jpg



Which gave me an idea, and a fantastic procrastination technique for my day off today...
 
So, fun fact, if you go to home depot asking for a piece of tubing or something to use to attach a cat toy to a roomba, you get to explain what you want to not one, not two, but three workers there. And you eventually get a chunk of plumbing equipment that is, in no way, meant to do this. (but it was only 67 cents!)

So after a bunch of electrical tape, some chunks of cardboard and tacky glue, a mobile cat toy was born!

At first, the cats were just cautious but not interacting much:


Pangur, my super cautious cat, surprisingly decided to approach first:

(note the cat toy jayden's attempting to eat. This is a constant problem with him. 😛)

The tape couldn't hold up to Tesla's assault:


But in the end, it was Pangur who dragged it off and did her best to murder:


All in all, great amusement for the afternoon, and we'll try Jayden's horn 2.0 sometime soon. :laugh:
 
So, I got a great little goodie pack for my animals...

first, some treats:
s02AIOy.jpg

HIQcM9A.jpg


A sloth hammock (EEEEHH!!) for my ferrets:
KO0EwK3.jpg


...with quite the concerned expression imo:
iEIWh3f.jpg


And a cat wand! Which I took out immediately after opening the package, then put back in the box to take pictures...

...and later found across the room, choking one of my other "pets," Jayden:

PDxOHu2.jpg



Which gave me an idea, and a fantastic procrastination technique for my day off today...

So, fun fact, if you go to home depot asking for a piece of tubing or something to use to attach a cat toy to a roomba, you get to explain what you want to not one, not two, but three workers there. And you eventually get a chunk of plumbing equipment that is, in no way, meant to do this. (but it was only 67 cents!)

So after a bunch of electrical tape, some chunks of cardboard and tacky glue, a mobile cat toy was born!

At first, the cats were just cautious but not interacting much:


Pangur, my super cautious cat, surprisingly decided to approach first:

(note the cat toy jayden's attempting to eat. This is a constant problem with him. 😛)

The tape couldn't hold up to Tesla's assault:


But in the end, it was Pangur who dragged it off and did her best to murder:


All in all, great amusement for the afternoon, and we'll try Jayden's horn 2.0 sometime soon. :laugh:

YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS IM SO GLAD YOU LIKE IT AND THAT I COULD BE THE START OF YOUR ROOMBA CAT TOY.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAB6B3C5-A19C-425C-AF0C-E79842B7CF87.jpeg
I was told to expect two packages so here’s what I got from the first right before i left for work!!!! 😀
Pearl decided to rub on the socks, which I LOVE by the way they all have individual faces and expressions which is adorable. Thanks so much @MusicManiac19 Lily also appreciated you considering her joint health with the treats :=|:-):
AC121251-EF38-4E96-A4FC-78BDCDF06C98.jpeg
 
Nope kaydubz gets all the credit instead (Also I’m shocked it got there so quickly and it didn’t take until October)
Listen, you!!!:sendoff:

I was impressed too. USPS told me "you can either ship at lower rate but get no tracking information or insurance ORRRR we can charge you $50-60 for tracking info." Though I wanted my package to arrive unscathed, I'm a poor poor veterinarian.
 
Trilt where did you get your hands on the Coffee Crisp???
Part of the reason I shipped so late is that I was visiting my fam that weekend. They had juuuuust gotten back from Canada and always bring home a part of a suitcase full of goodies. I thought it would be a fun thing to share lol.

The grocery store near my work actually used to stock them in the international aisle, too, but recently stopped. 🙁
 
Part of the reason I shipped so late is that I was visiting my fam that weekend. They had juuuuust gotten back from Canada and always bring home a part of a suitcase full of goodies. I thought it would be a fun thing to share lol.

The grocery store near my work actually used to stock them in the international aisle, too, but recently stopped. 🙁
They're on Amazon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine came in today! Pictures incoming tomorrow but the gifts were spot on (Cheese loves his pineapple toy) and also hilariously fun for my parents' dogs too (their lab may or may not have run into a wall trying to the the laser pointer). I wish my santee had put their name in the box so I could properly thank them but thank you all the same! 🙂
 
Thank you so much to my half-secret* Santa! My/my parents' dogs will love the toys, and I was actually trying to figure out yarn and a pattern for a blue rug for the main area. It'll be another week before I'm back home to see the dogs, but I'll post happy pictures of them once they have their toys.
IMG_3081.JPG


Also, that tote bag is amazing 😍 and deserves it own picture. Thank you again!
IMG_3080.JPG


*Can't really thank you on here when all I have is real name 🙁