SGU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get any updates lately? I got an email almost two months saying the admissions committee was meeting and that a decision would take 5-7 weeks. 7 weeks has come and gone and still nothing. I emailed Krista today and was told that all decisions will be sent out by the end of January. The waiting is driving me crazy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get any updates lately? I got an email almost two months saying the admissions committee was meeting and that a decision would take 5-7 weeks. 7 weeks has come and gone and still nothing. I emailed Krista today and was told that all decisions will be sent out by the end of January. The waiting is driving me crazy.
Yeah I keep getting told a later date as well. Pretty frustrating considering I interviewed back in Sept.

They initially told me when I interviewed back in July two weeks. Then after two weeks, it would be three weeks. Four weeks later they told me 7-10 weeks and I finally got an acceptance on the 8th week. So you are not alone in this haha. It will especially take some time now because of the holidays, but I can tell you if your interview went well, there isn't much need to worry ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in October and just received an email that I was accepted! I was getting so nervous because it was so far pst the seven week mark. Has anyone else heard yet?!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know-how many students that St.George accept per term?And if they actually reject anyone?sounds to me that most people get accepted. I'm a little nervous because I haven't heard if I have been accepted or not. Thank you for any answers in advance.

I know a few people who were rejected from SGU. I know one person who was rejected from SGU but got in with a state school so it worked out alright for him :)

I was accepted for January 2017 but decided to wait list for fall 2017 start since I was accepted to Ross and still waiting on others.

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted for August 2017!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checking in and so glad to see there are so many acceptances!!! I'm still waiting to hear back. Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my XT1030 using SDN mobile

Still waiting. I interviewed back in October, so I really thought I'd have heard back by now. The waiting is driving me crazy.

Still waiting. I interviewed back in October, so I really thought I'd have heard back by now. The waiting is driving me crazy.

I interviewed in October as well and got my acceptance a half hour ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was accepted back in August but have decided to attend another school. I wanted to decline my acceptance to let someone else have the seat but I don't know how to do that, anyone know haha?

I was accepted back in August but have decided to attend another school. I wanted to decline my acceptance to let someone else have the seat but I don't know how to do that, anyone know haha?

Email Krista I think

I was accepted for the August term back in December and I interviewed in November. Is anyone planning on going for a visit before accepting their offer?

I was accepted for the August term back in December and I interviewed in November. Is anyone planning on going for a visit before accepting their offer?

I'd like to visit before accepting but I'm not sure I'll be able to. It's the only school I got into and I've heard mostly good things about it so I'll most likely just accept the offer whether I get to visit or not

Just gave up my seat for Fall 2017, good luck everyone, I hope I helped out one of you!

Was anyone accepted to the Veterinary Foundation Program for August 2017? I have to take a couple of classes and if I ace those I will proceed with vet school the following semester. I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.

Was anyone accepted to the Veterinary Foundation Program for August 2017? I have to take a couple of classes and if I ace those I will proceed with vet school the following semester. I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.
I received the same offer. I am not accepting it though. I've already taken and done well in the classes this program offers and I am not interested in paying $17,000 to take them again before paying through the nose to go to a Caribbean school. My fingers remain crossed for my instate school's post-interview decision in the coming weeks.

I was accepted into the Veterinary Foundation Program as well. I'm interviewing with my in state school next month and am still waiting to here from Ross (they seem to be focusing on their summer class right now). My instate school is my first choice. St George's was second, but Ross has been bumped up now. I'll only accept their offer if I don't get into one of the other two. The thought of shelling out even more money for an extra semester makes me a little nauseous.

I just got an email yesterday and was accepted! Waitlisted for august 2017 but if a spot doesn't open up my admission is rolled over to January which is what I want now! I interviewed back in october and about 6 weeks after my interviews I received an e-mail stating they would make their final decision after the received my fall 2016 and spring 2017 transcripts. I sent them my unofficial fall transcript January 15th and randomly got the e-mail yesterday about the acceptance! So really, you could find out at any point! Good luck to everyone :)

Congrats! I am sending in my notice to give up my seat for another University soon!

Me too!! I'll have to email Krista. Hopefully one of you who were waitlisted for August will be able to have my seat! :) Good luck

Well for right now Lincoln, but I REALLY want to be pulled off the waitlist for Midwestern. I really loved it there.
That's awesome congrats!! Hopefully you get into midwestern! My parents actually live pretty close to that campus :)

I was accepted into the Veterinary Foundation Program as well. I'm interviewing with my in state school next month and am still waiting to here from Ross (they seem to be focusing on their summer class right now). My instate school is my first choice. St George's was second, but Ross has been bumped up now. I'll only accept their offer if I don't get into one of the other two. The thought of shelling out even more money for an extra semester makes me a little nauseous.

I've heard a lot of negatives about Ross. Ross was always my number one choice but then I became hopeful for a state school and then when I got into St. George and St. Matthews I did research on all three Caribbean colleges and there is more good reviews about St. George's than Ross. Still waiting for Ross though cause the Veterinary Foundation Program is a little bizarre, but maybe worth it?

I've heard a lot of negatives about Ross. Ross was always my number one choice but then I became hopeful for a state school and then when I got into St. George and St. Matthews I did research on all three Caribbean colleges and there is more good reviews about St. George's than Ross. Still waiting for Ross though cause the Veterinary Foundation Program is a little bizarre, but maybe worth it?

I think there's plenty of pros and cons for any school. I work with a vet who went to St. George's as well as one who went to Ross and while they are both very happy that they made the decision they did, they've been very honest with me about what worked and what didn't work. The St. George's alum actually went through the VFP and agreed with my decision to only accept if the other schools fall through. I'm interviewing with my in state school tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have an answer from them in a few weeks. Still no word from Ross though. I'll just be happy when I've gotten an answer from everyone and can finally start planning.

I think there's plenty of pros and cons for any school. I work with a vet who went to St. George's as well as one who went to Ross and while they are both very happy that they made the decision they did, they've been very honest with me about what worked and what didn't work. The St. George's alum actually went through the VFP and agreed with my decision to only accept if the other schools fall through. I'm interviewing with my in state school tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have an answer from them in a few weeks. Still no word from Ross though. I'll just be happy when I've gotten an answer from everyone and can finally start planning.
Good luck tomorrow!

Where are you goin girl?
I was accepted to Colorado State! I have an interview with Michigan this week though, if I get into them too I'll have some decisions to make. But right now CSU is my top choice :)

Reactions: 2 users
I just declined my acceptance to SGU--hope this helps someone out :3

Thank you! The only plan I have is the tour so far. Anything that you would suggest I should definitely do/see?

A school tour you mean? You could definitely do a whole island tour! That can be fun and I could give you some info on that if you're interested. I did one with my mom when we visited before I started school, and a friend of mine did one with her boyfriend last August with the guy who did a tour for Justin Bieber haha. Are you staying at the Radisson? If not somewhere on Grand Anse beach, definitely have to go there! One of the top beaches in the world. Also if you want great local food, I suggest dinner at Patrick's and get the tapas meal. It's amazing. There are also a few rum distilleries and a chocolate factory you could visit if you like either of those things (if you're coming to the Caribbean I hope you like rum ;) ).

I just made the hard decision to give up my seat. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!