Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chen1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was looking for 2017 SU thread but I have not seen one so I'm starting up this thread. Shenandoah is my first choice and I'm DYING to get an interview invitation! Does anyone hear back from them yet? Let's help each other out and hopefully we will become classmate :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for 2017 SU thread but I have not seen one so I'm starting up this thread. Shenandoah is my first choice and I'm DYING to get an interview invitation! Does anyone hear back from them yet? Let's help each other out and hopefully we will become classmate :)

I am applying here but I'm still finishing up my apps. This school is my #18th choice. Good luck to everyone else applying!

Hi Everyone,

Hi! I applied here as well! Have not heard anything yet, but last year this school started interviews around this time....good luck and hope to hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying here but I'm still finishing up my apps. This school is my #18th choice. Good luck to everyone else applying!

Wow so you are applying over 18 schools!!! :eek: Best of luck fill out all the supplemental applications...

Wow so you are applying over 18 schools!!! :eek: Best of luck fill out all the supplemental applications...

hahah I'm applying to 25 schools. This school has a nice program. I still have 6 more supplementals to fill out. I am soo tired. if I get some interviews, I'll stop filling out the rest of the supplementals Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

I'm also applying here and I've sent in everything already. I emailed the director and she said they're working on it right now. Good luck to everyone

Hey guys! I am currently P1 in this school :) If you have any question, I am willing to help :)

Hey guys! I am currently P1 in this school :) If you have any question, I am willing to help :)

-Yes, can you tell me about the Winchester campus? Also can you provide insight about the admissions process, and what to expect during the interviews? Thanks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Last edited:
I read on last year thread that they start sending out interview invites during the beginning of September. I wonder if we will be hearing from them anytime soon.

I read on last year thread that they start sending out interview invites during the beginning of September. I wonder if we will be hearing from them anytime soon.

I got my interview invite around late Sept...I went on an interview late Oct and then got accepted at the end of Oct. It was pretty fast! But one big tips, just call or email about your status once you turn in your $30.00 suppl. (Not sure if it changes). Good luck to you all!

thank Lid04991! I emailed them about it awhile ago and they say they're working on it and haven't gotten to mine yet. I hope we will hear from them soon :)

-Yes, can you tell me about the Winchester campus? Also can you provide inside about the admissions process, and what to expect during the interviews? Thanks.

During the interview, I would recommend to go to the SDN interview feedback. The questions are very similar or same. Be yourself! They just want to get to know you. This is one of the most relax interview I had! :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Should we just submit the $30 supplemental fee, even before we get an email that the school has received our PharmCAS info?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Should we just submit the $30 supplemental fee, even before we get an email that the school has received our PharmCAS info?

- They say to send the payment once you submit your application on PharmCAS, that's what I did.

I sent mine also. Just make sure to send it with a sheet of paper with all the info they ask for on the site. Name, address, campus applying to and PharmCAS ID....etc.

Did anyone get the interview yet? I know last year they called for interview pretty early and now it is mid sept already. I'm super nervous....

I haven't heared anything yet. I'm getting nervous as well :/

Lol, I heard they tend to forget, and sometimes people have to email them. Has anyone tried emailing them? I know I had to call and email them to make sure they received my supplemental.

The anticipation is eating at me. My stats are terrible but I want at least a rejection letter so I can stop thinking about it ha

Lol, BREATHE......it's going to be ok :cool: .

Ahah thanks for the encouragement. I'm telling you, the application process is a full time job.

- Lol, indeed it is. I'm scared to sit down and calculate how much I've spent on everything through this whole process.

- Lol, indeed it is. I'm scared to sit down and calculate how much I've spent on everything through this whole process.

Completely agreed! This waiting game is really killing me! -_- I checked my email like every hour but I have not gotten any.....I am really nervous....Did anyone get an interview invitation yet?

I know it sucks, but hang in there guys! It's still early and they interview up to June or July. :) GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
They have started giving interview invites.

yea i emailed them awhile ago and they told me interview invites will go out during sept..but I haven't gotten anything yet :/

Oh great! How are you finding the school and course load overall?

They change the curriculum this year. As of right now, I am taking 7 classes. It is busy load, but it is doable! Most of the school is around 18units/semester. So far it's not that bad if you manage the time. It is nice and peaceful here. Once you get an interview, you have a VERY high chance to get into this school! :) Anyways, if you have any question, you are free to message me. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

They change the curriculum this year. As of right now, I am taking 7 classes. It is busy load, but it is doable! Most of the school is around 18units/semester. So far it's not that bad if you manage the time. It is nice and peaceful here. Once you get an interview, you have a VERY high chance to get into this school! :) Anyways, if you have any question, you are free to message me. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
What did you do about housing? When I visited the school I loved the area, so I wouldn't mind living in off-campus housing - just wondering what you did.

What did you do about housing? When I visited the school I loved the area, so I wouldn't mind living in off-campus housing - just wondering what you did.

I lived off campus. The main campus is not that close to school. It's 10 mins away (driving).

I lived off campus. The main campus is not that close to school. It's 10 mins away (driving).

Hello,
I got an interview on Oct. 8 (I know Monday is weird, but I don't have much choice since school profs aren't willing to let me reschedule exams).
Are there hotels closer to the school rather than the airport?
The school suggested leasing a car and driving to school from the airport.
I never had a car so aren't that great at driving. The hour-long drive is quite long for me.
I'm really concerned and low on budget...

Hello,
I got an interview on Oct. 8 (I know Monday is weird, but I don't have much choice since school profs aren't willing to let me reschedule exams).
Are there hotels closer to the school rather than the airport?
The school suggested leasing a car and driving to school from the airport.
I never had a car so aren't that great at driving. The hour-long drive is quite long for me.
I'm really concerned and low on budget...

First, which school you got an interview? If you get an interview in Winchester, then you need to drive 1hrs from IAD airport. You need to drive or taxis is going to cost ~$120. The closest hotel is Marriott, but you need to drive/taxis. If you go to Ashburn campus for interview, then you can take a taxis...it should cost you around 25-35 dollars from IAD to Ashburn. There is a hotel, i think it's also Marriott. You can walk from hotel to school. It's not that far. I hope this help!

First, which school you got an interview? If you get an interview in Winchester, then you need to drive 1hrs from IAD airport. You need to drive or taxis is going to cost ~$120. The closest hotel is Marriott, but you need to drive/taxis. If you go to Ashburn campus for interview, then you can take a taxis...it should cost you around 25-35 dollars from IAD to Ashburn. There is a hotel, i think it's also Marriott. You can walk from hotel to school. It's not that far. I hope this help!

Thank you for the quick response.
My interview is at Winchester campus.
Is the Marriott near the airport or the campus?
Also, I'm only 21, is leasing even possible?
Thank you for the help.

Thank you for the quick response.
My interview is at Winchester campus.
Is the Marriott near the airport or the campus?
Also, I'm only 21, is leasing even possible?
Thank you for the help.

Winchester, then you have to drive because...it's an hour away. You might want to suggest to Cindy that you want to do your interview in Ashburn because it's much closer to the airport (Dulles).

There are several hotels in Winchester, (including the Marriott). I don't know where you are from, but you may be able to either get a taxi or drive (assuming that you aren't too awfully far away). Cindy (the BJDSOP's admissions coordinator) may have a better answer that I'm not thinking about (she deals with the admissions process pretty much every day).

nah not yet..I emailed and ask but they haven't responded yet.

Congrats to those who got interview! You guys should really proud of yourself. It's an honor! Good luck to everyone is applying. I haven't got mine yet :(

I am currently a P1 here and so far I love the Winchester campus! Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck to all with the whole process!

Did anyone else receive an interview invite then never heard back from them?

I never heared back from them since my application was completed "sigh"

mee 2..i have multiple nervous breakdown per day..LOL..let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best :)

best of luck to you all! I applied here too, hopefully we'll hear back about the next round of interviews soon!