Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take for PharmCAS to verify your GPAs?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm getting a little worry. I haven't heard back from the university yet. I tried emailing them and they never responded. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
congratz..may i ask how long did you waited to hear back from them?

congratz..may i ask how long did you waited to hear back from them?
Sure...I submitted to PharmCas on 8/23, it was mailed on 9/4 and they cashed my supp check in mid September. So I guess since my app has been in their hands it is about 6-7 weeks.

Whenever I had a question, I just call. The admissions coordinator responds to phone too.

Accepted yaay! :) Goodluck to everyone!!
Congratulations! Great news.....How did you find the interview? I have mine next Monday!
Would you mind filling out the feedback survey at the top of the page? I'd like to prepare by having an idea what they're asking this year...I appreciate any info you'd be willing to share!

Accepted yaay! :) Goodluck to everyone!!
Congrats!! Mind posting your stats?

PharmCAS submission:
Supplemental fee:
Interview Invite:
Acceptance:
GPA/PCAT:

Don't have to answer any, but that's all I'm curious on. :)

Congratulations! Great news.....How did you find the interview? I have mine next Monday!
Would you mind filling out the feedback survey at the top of the page? I'd like to prepare by having an idea what they're asking this year...I appreciate any info you'd be willing to share!

Thanks guys! The interview is pretty laid back and everyone there is really friendly...i mean extremely friendly so don't be too nervous. I had a 2nd year student and faculty member conduct my interview so try to ask questions in the end that are directed to the both of them. I prepared by just going through the questions on interview feedback...I'll add my feedback on there but the questions they asked me were exactly the ones on the feedback so make sure you look through those and you should be well prepared :thumbup:

I messaged you my stats @ aqb

Thanks guys! The interview is pretty laid back and everyone there is really friendly...i mean extremely friendly so don't be too nervous. I had a 2nd year student and faculty member conduct my interview so try to ask questions in the end that are directed to the both of them. I prepared by just going through the questions on interview feedback...I'll add my feedback on there but the questions they asked me were exactly the ones on the feedback so make sure you look through those and you should be well prepared :thumbup:

Hey can you message me your stats too I am planning on applying but I feel like my stats isn't good enough

Members don't see this ad :)

Hello, I was just curious as to how they notified you. Did they email you first? Also where are you from? I'm also waiting for them to give me an answer.

Hello, I was just curious as to how they notified you. Did they email you first? Also where are you from? I'm also waiting for them to give me an answer.

They notified me via email and said they would send a package in the mail with more info. I'm from baltimore, md. When did you interview?

congratz~! cty007 if you dont mind, can u msg me ur stat too?

Hey! Has anyone gotten an interview invite without submitting a supplemental or fee?

Hey! Has anyone gotten an interview invite without submitting a supplemental or fee?

I have submitted both the PharmCAS and supplemental and haven't got an interview yet :xf:
I think you have to submit both.

haha at thsi point, I am assuming I got put on hold, or rejected. my app was walked over a while ago (Oct. 10). Just waiting and hoping for some news. good luck to everyone else!:xf:

i am going for an interview on Monday! i am nervous but I am more worried about the weather! I'm from cali so being in VA will be a big change

i am going for an interview on Monday! i am nervous but I am more worried about the weather! I'm from cali so being in VA will be a big change

The forecast is around mid fifties for Monday. I would suggest you dress in layers since you're not used to VA weather, plus if feels too warm you can always take off some.
All the BEST in the interview and do share your experience via interview feedback!
Cheers! :thumbup:

When did you submit your app, supplemental fee, and how long til they invited you?

Good luck!

I submitted my pharmcas app in june and it got mailed out in august and mailed the check in July and got an invite in November. I took the pcat in September's so I think that's why it took a while. I'm waiting for my interview right now in the hotel. I'm so nervous!

Don't be nervous for the interview. It was SUPER relaxed. I did not feel like I had an interview, it was like a casual conversation. It you really want to go pharmacy school, you will ace the interview (and get accepted! :) Good luck!

Once you get an interview in this school, you have a high chance to get in....Just don't be nervous and be yourself. :)

Accepted! Pcat 66 pharmcas gpa 2.95 (but nearly all A's for science classes)

Accepted! Pcat 66 pharmcas gpa 2.95 (but nearly all A's for science classes)

Congrats on being accepted! It's a big accomplishment (one step closer to being a pharmacist, right? lol). I have an interview coming up soon in a week. How did you prepare yourself for the interview? I have been just reading and interview feedbacks on SDN and reading the school website. Is this sufficient enough? Or were there other resources I should check out before my interview?

Additionally, does anyone know about their satellite program at Ashburn campus was only for 1st year students and after that you will have to go to Winchester campus (main campus). Can some confirm if this is true or not?

Thank you!

I practiced interviewing with my bf so I can have practice saying it out loud. I would practice everywhere I could, like driving on the way to school, etc. Be prepared for situational questions like where was a time when you showed leadership, group work problems etc. I've gone to two interviews and they both asked why pharmacy, when was a time when you showed leadership, and in group work have you ever had a communication problem and how did you resolve it. I haven't been asked this but also prepare for why do you want to go to our school?

I think you can do all four years at Ashburn.

So I sent in my supplemental fee last month and haven't received a confirmation e-mail or anything of the sort.

Did you guys receive any? Would it be a good idea just to check? :D Staying optimistic!

So I sent in my supplemental fee last month and haven't received a confirmation e-mail or anything of the sort.

Did you guys receive any? Would it be a good idea just to check? :D Staying optimistic!

I sent mine on the 11th of October, and haven't received any confirmation. The money order was cashed last month too.:xf:

I sent mine on the 11th of October, and haven't received any confirmation. The money order was cashed last month too.:xf:

I never got a confirmation email that said they have received my supplemental fee but it did take them a while to get back to me for the interview invitation. I would say 2-3 weeks or so? I'm guessing it might take them a while to get back to you since it's the week of Thanksgiving. But good luck and keep a positive attitude. :cool:

I practiced interviewing with my bf so I can have practice saying it out loud. I would practice everywhere I could, like driving on the way to school, etc. Be prepared for situational questions like where was a time when you showed leadership, group work problems etc. I've gone to two interviews and they both asked why pharmacy, when was a time when you showed leadership, and in group work have you ever had a communication problem and how did you resolve it. I haven't been asked this but also prepare for why do you want to go to our school?

I think you can do all four years at Ashburn.

How many people interviewed you? And roughly how long did your interview last? Were there any information session presented at the beginning? Sorry for so many questions, thanks for your time.

I never got a confirmation email that said they have received my supplemental fee but it did take them a while to get back to me for the interview invitation. I would say 2-3 weeks or so? I'm guessing it might take them a while to get back to you since it's the week of Thanksgiving. But good luck and keep a positive attitude. :cool:

How long ago did you send in your supplemental and get your invite?

How long ago did you send in your supplemental and get your invite?

Sent my supplemental at the end of October and got the invite last week. So about 2-3 weeks.

I would recommend calling them to check if they have received your supplemental.

It's okay. It's one on one. I think I was asked around 5-7 questions. 20-30 minutes and a campus four

When did you e-submit your PharmCAS application?
All the best on your interview! When is it?

I esubmited on sept 11, verified and mailed around October 8 and was send an email invite on the 10th of November.

When did you e-submit your PharmCAS application?
All the best on your interview! When is it?

I e-submit my PharmCAS 10/31/2012 and got email for an interview invite on Nov. 12, so within 2 weeks or so. My interview is this MONDAY (11/26), OMG....1 more day LOL! But I'm excited, can't wait to for my interview to be over. I look forward for it. I will keep you guys updated...hopefully with good news, hahaha.:D

Got an interview invite today! I'm interviewing for Ashburn campus. Does anyone know the difference between the two campuses? Also, when I applied, I selected both campuses, can I change which campus I interview at?

I e-submit my PharmCAS 10/31/2012 and got email for an interview invite on Nov. 12, so within 2 weeks or so. My interview is this MONDAY (11/26), OMG....1 more day LOL! But I'm excited, can't wait to for my interview to be over. I look forward for it. I will keep you guys updated...hopefully with good news, hahaha.:D

Thanks for answering. I wish you the best on the interview! :thumbup:

I am assuming I got deferred.

My app was mailed out on 10/15 and I have not received anything back yet.

This school is number 21 on my list though so no biggie haha

I am assuming I got deferred.

My app was mailed out on 10/15 and I have not received anything back yet.

This school is number 21 on my list though so no biggie haha

Number 21 :eek:
My app was mailed on the 24th of October; still waiting to hear any news. I have called and emailed, but no responses.
Wouldn't they notify you if you're differed?

I think if your stats are OK, you should get an interview :)

Not sure if this school hands out rejections or just puts you on a deferred list indefinitely:scared:

I think if your stats are OK, you should get an interview :)

Not sure if this school hands out rejections or just puts you on a deferred list indefinitely:scared:

Did you get alternate too? I had my interview on 10/19 but I did horrible on my interview…I guess. The student interviewer asked me stupid hard questions that i can't even recall and he acted snobby towards me the entire time with his nose in the air. I think I did bad because I drove 3 hours in the dense morning fog to get there and i was incredibly sleepy…even during the interview. Thank god I made it there and back alive. Well, I got into a better school so I don't care about this school anymore but kinda mad that they put me on the alternate list after hearing they accept about 80% of their interviewees and I got an early interview too. Sigghhss these pharmacy schools are confusing…or maybe it's just me haha.

Class of 2017

SDN Mobile

I'm sad I did not get an interview invite yet. I guess I'll call tomorrow :scared:

I just got off the phone with them and they had my application on hold pending my pact score, they have that now so I should be hearing from them soon.