Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview this AM (2/16). The interview was really chilled. It was a blind interview so they dunno anything about me. It's a really small school- it seems decent.

Also they said we will hear back if we get in this upcoming Wed or Thurs!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone want to share their pros and cons of this school? Would love to hear from current students and would help me on deciding. Thank you!!

Yes, I, too, would love to know the pro's and con's of this school. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shenandoah is nationally ranked. It's good to get to a nationally recognized school.

I didn't get accepted into VCU so I am going to Shenandoah instead.

Hi, I did my interview this pas week and i really enjoyed it. I dont' know when they send out mails. I really am desperate to know where my school would be.

One thing that concern me abou this school is the housing. The Ashburn area is very expernsive. Anyone who has anything to share, it would be very nice.

Shenandoah is nationally ranked. It's good to get to a nationally recognized school.

I didn't get accepted into VCU so I am going to Shenandoah instead.

What do you mean by nationally ranked? Well, I know what that means but I guess what im trying to say is that the pharmacy program here is ranked like #72 out of ~130 schools? About half the schools didn't even get ranked. So would you say as long as this school is ranked, no matter how low on the list, that its still a good school? Just curious…oh and I declined my seat here. Good luck to another wait listed person.

I just got accepted and am looking for off campus housing. Any suggestions as to where to start looking? Maybe a board somewhere w/ students looking for roommates for next yr that you can let me know. Very much appreciated!

MTN1990, which campus are you going to? I've only been to the ashburn campus and they are surrounded by condominiums. Search for apartments near george washington university (ashburn campus) or houses for rent on craiglist. As for roommates, there's a class of 2017 facebook page you should join and ask around.

Can you please send me the interview questions on the feedback you used? My interview is Tuesday :) Id really appreciate it thanks so much!

Had my interview, I thought it went well and I was so confident I got accepted, got an email 2 days later saying I got rejected...I'm in loss for words.

Goodluck to everyone who is interviewing though! It was really laid back and they make you feel very comfortable. Loved the Winchester campus :/

Hello everyone. I am a P2 at SU - Ashburn. For those of you who have chosen SU, great choice. I absolutely love it here. I'm actually going to be moving out of my roommate situation because my fiance and I are moving in together. I'm trying to help my roommate find a replacement. For anyone who is looking for housing, it has been a great situation and I'm sad to be leaving. You can view the ad for the place here http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/roo/3832035417.html
The roommate is the condo owner. It has never taken me more than 15 minutes to get to school. Great location, beautiful space, lots of amenities.

About SU, a few points. Almost all lectures are VTC'd between campuses. P1 year is split about 50/50 with half of the lectures being given in Ashburn and sent to WInchester and half the other way. P2 & P3 year, a few more lectures are presented in Winchester just because there are more faculty over there. But, honestly, it's pretty much the same as a normal lecture. You see and hear the professor in real time and you can ask questions whenever you have them. The only difference is, you don't raise your hand - just interrupt the professor with an "excuse me, I have a question." Labs are not VTC'd, each campus has their own sections. There are a few lectures which aren't VTC'd either (like pharmaceutics I your P1 year - it's mostly calculations).

I'm biased in favor of Ashburn but both campuses have their pros & cons. Ashburn has a slightly older demographic with more late 20's students, Winchester is more early 20's. Ashburn is more expensive but there's also more to do in your down time (not that you will have a lot of down time). Winchester provides more of your traditional college vibe. Ashburn is a smaller group of students. You can get to know faculty on both campuses. If you have a question for a professor on the other campus, they will often video chat with you.

Also, for those of you concerned about school ranking, it isn't as important as you may think. I chose SU over top 10 schools that I was accepted to because I felt SU was a better fit for me. I've since had the opportunity to speak with a few residency directors who agree it's more important how you do than where you do it. Find the school that's right for you and you'll flourish. That will get you a lot further.

But back to my original purpose for posting here, if you're going to Ashburn & need housing, check out my place!
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/roo/3832035417.html

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Hey bailey24, my stats are almost similar to yours except I only have 2 years of experience as a pharmacy tech and volunteered at a hospital for a few months. GPA is almost identical to yours as well as my pcat. I was originally waitlisted in February but was pulled off the wait list in May. I think you should definitely give it a shot, however this school is BIG on volunteering. So as long as you have a volunteer project or two they should offer you an interview. Apply early! I also noticed that you posted in the Midwestern University thread, I applied to that school last year and that's where I plan on attending in the fall. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me!