Should I move my DAT test???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1234abcd456

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the DAT June 2nd and have been study for about 2 months already but have scored roughly the same score on all three practice DAT tests I have taken (16/17/17) and realized that I had to reexamine my study strategy. I have about 20 days till the test and I am feeling anxious that I won't get a great score. I have a 3.72 overall GPA, 3.68 science GPA

UPDATE: I took a DAT Bootcamp test and got the following
Bio 25
Gen Chem 25
Orgo 22
Reading Comp 19
Quantitative Reasoning: 17
PAT: 15

I didn't get to finish the PAT - one section completely blank and then skipped questions throughout so speed is an issue there, and math has never been my strong suit so I was pretty happy with the 17. If i work on speed with the PAT so I can finish all the sections are these scores good enough (not so much science but RC and QR??) Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
rethink your schedule. only take the DAT if you feel ready. Spend time shoring up your weaknesses. No shame in moving your exam back, i think everyone who has taken it rescheduled at some point.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard Achiever scores are pretty deflated and unrepresentative.

Try a bootcamp full length, timed, and then update

Why the rush? I am sure you hear people saying applying early, yeah sure, if your scores are good enough. 17 won't cut it.
Postpone to July the second and read breakdowns of other students to understand what they did right.
Best of luck.

Achiever is an overkill, means it is harder than other tests (So I heard ) which is good and bad at the same time. You might consider using other resources to test yourself before you decide what to do next, if again you are getting 17, 18, or 16. Yes, postone.

I would try a different resource besides Achiever and see if your scores are the same on those as well. But the scores not really improving over time is concerning, so I would suggest delaying the test.

Dude achiever is extremely extremely hard and not representative of the score you will get on the actual test. I've used it and I would get 18 or 19AA and I ended up with a 26AA on the real deal. IMO achiever is more like a tool to get a feel for the program (program wise is nearly identical) and a chance to study the really difficult questions that could pop up. ( just a disclaimer even if you are getting 16/17 on acheiver this DOES NOT MEAN you will get a 7 point increase like I did, just saying that it's really not a good representation of the real deal in terms of difficulty). As others have said, try DAT bootcamp. Much more accurate