Should I retake the mcat? (Last taken aug 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shmo

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the full length with a headache and kinda rushed through it with ~20 mins left on each section and scored a ~507. I did try my best but focus was definitely lacking. That being said, should I retake if I got a 33 from my first one?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying this year? If so, you will have to verify which schools will accept an MCAT from 2014 in the old format. Most schools require an MCAT within 3 years of the year of Matriculation.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ones I know of that accept 2014 MCAT based on MSAR:

Boston University

UConn

Case Western

Tufts

Wake Forest

Emory

UMass

Albany

Rochester

OSU

Einstein

Oakland

St. Louis

Miami- MSAR says no but website says yes I think

Jefferson- MSAR says no but website says yes

Brown

Tulane-MSAR says yes but website FAQ says no, not sure 100%

Hofstra

Probably a lot of other places too but I haven't looked at all, this is just a short list

For more info, score break down (129/125/127/126)

So I spent a lot of time learning psych/socio for the first time since I never took it (TPR, EK, KA)
This actually was probably my biggest time sink, and I recently started cramming BB section (TBR, EK) since its been about 3-4 years since I've last taken them
Hardly touched any chem or physics
My verbal is usually ~80-5% correct, but I think my lack of patience made me just go with the intuitive answer

I actually did a lot of EK 101 Bio passages the past two weeks (scoring ~70% usually) so I was a little discouraged to see myself get a similar % on the FL for BB
I definitely felt it was doable and easier, but the headache and stress caught up and just made me rush through it
How should I best prepare for the last week regarding the next FL?

Thanks for the post on the schools, I think I will have to take it after looking over it