South University Interviews 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2011Bound

Lecom Erie C/O 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I changed my interview date from November 5th to late January.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have an interview at South University on November 5th, 2010. It's my first choice and I was just wondering if anybody knows how long it usually takes this school to get back to people after interviewing?

I'm asking because my wife has a couple of job leads but they all have start dates of middle to late November. If I get in then she can move there right away and start a new job. From past threads I've read sometimes it can be as soon as a couple of days to a week but I don't know if this is just in the spring? If anybody interviewed recently or last fall and can give some info I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hey I will be there on the same day. I think they take about a week or so to get back to us. I'm not 100% sure though.

Hey I will be there on the same day. I think they take about a week or so to get back to us. I'm not 100% sure though.

Yeah, I had heard that it could take a week, but all those posts were from previous springs. I am hoping that it is the same for the fall, and they don't just string us along.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I had heard that it could take a week, but all those posts were from previous springs. I am hoping that it is the same for the fall, and they don't just string us along.

Oh ok... yeah I'm not sure then. I hope it would take a week or so. That would save me money on flights and hotels for other interviews haha

hey guys, congrats on getting invited for an interview with south. I will be there on November 5th,2010 as well for my on campus interview. I live in new jersey and just booked my flight and will be there on the morning of November 4th. are you guys from Georgia or other states? let's get to know each other better. This is def my top choice because it's an accelerated program and it's located in the south. are you guys ready for the interview? also, i want to do some sightseeing during my stay in savannah. anyone has any suggestions or even better, anyone wants to come with? let me know. good luck and see you guys there

:)

Yeah, it would save me a lot of money too. I have two other interviews in Dec. and Jan. and would also like to save money on flights/hotels since South is my first choice.

I don't know how true this is but I read that other than the historic area and the island that Savannah isn't that great and that it's not that safe either. I've never been there but has anyone else heard that? My wife and I just have the one car for now so we're going to look at apartments near the school when we're visiting. I hope that part of town is alright.

hey everyone, just wondering if anyone received an interview invitation from Western New England College School of Pharmacy? I just my invitation today and my interview date will be on december 3rd. let me know people

I just took the November 5th Interview at South University - Columbia Campus. The whole process was very laid back and the faculty were very very nice. :D I was accepted today. For anyone that is going to be taking the interview my stats are:

2.9 Combined G.P.A. (Although I had a very good reason for this)

58% Composite PCAT (Yeah, its low - I did retake it and am waiting for the for the new scores)

I had no experience in Pharmacy other than a few shadowing hours, had some volunteering hours at a hospital.

I was also accepted into the LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy School also. The reason I was accepted to both schools was most likely due to the Interview. Good Luck to all of you in your interviews and feel free to message me if anyone has questions on the process, I'll try my best to be of help.

congrats on your acceptance. I had my november 5th interview with the savannah campus and i'm still waiting to hear from them. are you accepted into the south carolina campus or savannah campus? do you know how long would we hear from them after the interview? will they send out all acceptance letters on the same day or different days? will they notify our admission decision no matter what? or they will only notify you if you are accepted? what time was your acceptance letter sent to your email today? thanks

congrats on your acceptance. I had my november 5th interview with the savannah campus and i'm still waiting to hear from them. are you accepted into the south carolina campus or savannah campus? do you know how long would we hear from them after the interview? will they send out all acceptance letters on the same day or different days? will they notify our admission decision no matter what? or they will only notify you if you are accepted? what time was your acceptance letter sent to your email today? thanks

Thanks! I actually did not receive any E-mail, one of my interviewers called me directly on my cell. I got into the columbia, SC campus and they told me that a decision should be made within a week of the interview, but this may not be the case for Savannah. They should tell the applicants if they are accepted, rejected, or on the waiting list within 2 weeks. Try giving them a call this Friday to ask if they don't contact you by then. Good luck and hopefully we'll see each other on one of the joint video lectures between the two campuses lol.

Thanks! I actually did not receive any E-mail, one of my interviewers called me directly on my cell. I got into the columbia, SC campus and they told me that a decision should be made within a week of the interview, but this may not be the case for Savannah. They should tell the applicants if they are accepted, rejected, or on the waiting list within 2 weeks. Try giving them a call this Friday to ask if they don't contact you by then. Good luck and hopefully we'll see each other on one of the joint video lectures between the two campuses lol.

of course we'll see each other if i get accepted. i hope. they said even though we were interviewed in savannah, we can still get accepted into the columbia campus. I think i prefer the columbia campus because it's less secluded than savannah according to the internet. How's the city of columbia? wow that's amazing they called you on your cell. is it a bad thing if they haven't called me? i thought the acceptance is by email and then official postal mail. so are you attending the columbia campus? are you paying the 1000 dollars deposit? what state are you from?

of course we'll see each other if i get accepted. i hope. they said even though we were interviewed in savannah, we can still get accepted into the columbia campus. I think i prefer the columbia campus because it's less secluded than savannah according to the internet. How's the city of columbia? wow that's amazing they called you on your cell. is it a bad thing if they haven't called me? i thought the acceptance is by email and then official postal mail. so are you attending the columbia campus? are you paying the 1000 dollars deposit? what state are you from?

I wouldn't sweat it too much, everyone probably gets the call at different times. Savannah might have had more applicants during the interview day, so it might be taking longer. There were only like 8 applicants during the Columbia Interview. They let you know by e-mail and postal mail after the call usually. I actually am a South Carolina resident and have a few friends in Columbia. Its a pretty nice city. Not too crowded but not too empty either. I'll pay the 1000 right after they send me the postal mail.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, everyone probably gets the call at different times. Savannah might have had more applicants during the interview day, so it might be taking longer. There were only like 8 applicants during the Columbia Interview. They let you know by e-mail and postal mail after the call usually. I actually am a South Carolina resident and have a few friends in Columbia. Its a pretty nice city. Not too crowded but not too empty either. I'll pay the 1000 right after they send me the postal mail.

we had 20 applicants. is it possible to get the acceptance email without getting the phone call? i'm from nj and love the southern area and the accelerated program so south university is my first choice. i prefer to go to the columbia campus because savannah is more secluded. it would also be nice to go to myrtle beach before class starts in mid-june if i get accepted since it's only like 2 hours away from columbia? what are some of the top attractions in or near columbia, SC. I LOVE TRAVELING:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

ALSO IS south your first choice or did you apply to other schools other than south and lecom?

ALSO IS south your first choice or did you apply to other schools other than south and lecom?

Yeah the beach isn't that far from columbia, not sure what attractions I can tell you really. Lol I haven't ever lived at the city so I only know about it vaguely, but from what I hear its a nice city and fun to live in. South is my first choice but I applied to a few. I got waiting list for Midwestern, IL, got accepted to LECOM and South, had a interview at the Appalachian COP at Oakwood, VA but I just turned that down today. I have about 2 more schools that may reject me or ask for an interview. I was very surprised to be accepted into 2 schools, especially my top choice. Shows that we should just keep our fingers crosses and hope for the best :)

we had 20 applicants. is it possible to get the acceptance email without getting the phone call? i'm from nj and love the southern area and the accelerated program so south university is my first choice. i prefer to go to the columbia campus because savannah is more secluded. it would also be nice to go to myrtle beach before class starts in mid-june if i get accepted since it's only like 2 hours away from columbia? what are some of the top attractions in or near columbia, SC. I LOVE TRAVELING:thumbup:

I'm not too sure, but maybe Savannah doesn't call each applicant and they may just E-mail or Postal mail it to you without any call. Best bet for you is to call them and ask tomorrow or Friday.

Yeah the beach isn't that far from columbia, not sure what attractions I can tell you really. Lol I haven't ever lived at the city so I only know about it vaguely, but from what I hear its a nice city and fun to live in. South is my first choice but I applied to a few. I got waiting list for Midwestern, IL, got accepted to LECOM and South, had a interview at the Appalachian COP at Oakwood, VA but I just turned that down today. I have about 2 more schools that may reject me or ask for an interview. I was very surprised to be accepted into 2 schools, especially my top choice. Shows that we should just keep our fingers crosses and hope for the best :)

congrats, as for me, i have my interview with university of maryland eastern shore on 11/18(accelerated program), and western new england school of pharmacy on 12/3. i never finished my supplemental application with Appalachian cop because i couldn't afford the 100 dollars supplemental application fee. too expensive. do you have your bachelor's already? what's your name and how old are you if you don't mind me asking:xf:

I'm not too sure, but maybe Savannah doesn't call each applicant and they may just E-mail or Postal mail it to you without any call. Best bet for you is to call them and ask tomorrow or Friday.

is it a good idea to call them and bug them? hehe:xf:i need to get in, my first choice

I went to the november 5th interview and I just found out that I got deferred from south university. my application will be on hold until april. I feel so sad. Did anyone else get deferred too? should I be discouraged?

South University-Savannah-interview 11/05/2010-deferred:(
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18/2010
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-interview 01/08/2011-declined interview
LECOM-ERIE-Interview 01/18/2011
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Western New England College of Pharmacy-interview 12/03/2010

Last edited:
I'll be interviewing on 12/10 :-D I just received permission to reschedule a final exam in order to attend on that date. One of the perks of going to a very tiny college haha

I'll be interviewing on 12/10 :-D I just received permission to reschedule a final exam in order to attend on that date. One of the perks of going to a very tiny college haha

I'll be there that date too!!!

I JUST found out my october pcat score, this is my october score versus august score. My august scores are in parenthesis. I'm worried about my reading score now. will they deny me because of low reading score despite all other scores are good?

verbal: 58 (58)
biology:76 (71)
reading: 9 (10)
quantitative: 59 (39)
chemistry 53 (58)
composite 47(43)

I know my reading score did not improve and it's really bad. But i improved 20 percentile on math and my other scores are pretty decent. I'm worried how much will the low reading score hinder me from getting into pharmacy school. My GPA is 3.68 with 3.6 for science and math gpa. 4 years of retail pharmacy experience and one year of hospital experience. Honors program graduate, phi theta kappa member, honors association treasurer.

I applied to 14 pharmacy schools, and 4 pharmacy schools have invited me to interview with them so far, and I have gone to 2 of them already. Do you think my low reading score will kill my chance of getting in? what sections do pharmacy schools look at the most on pcat? what do you guys think?

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-:xf:
Pacific university in oregon-interview 01/08/2011-declined interview
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-still waiting

Last edited:
I just found out I need 3 LORs, not just 2. Whoops. :rolleyes: Hopefully, South will give me a call by January.

Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you who have already interviewed at South-Savannah would mind telling me what questions were asked in the interview? Thanks for the help! =)

Today is the happiest day of my life! I got accepted by UMES Pharmacy school ooo yay

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-declined interview
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011 :xf:

Last edited:
Hey superdesi1027,

Do you mind telling me what they asked you at the interview please? Thanks a bunch! =)

Guys, great news! I just got my acceptance email today. I will give the detail later but I am so, so, so happy that I can hardly restrain myself from yelling. For those who are waiting, be patient your turn will come. It took me a couple years of rejection letters to finally get accepted. And yes I have good stats, BS in biology and MPH in epidemiology. South here I come!

Hey guys, is South University pharmacy any good? I'm from florida and looking to apply to south as a backup school. I will submit my application later this week, but I'm worry as there are a lot of bad rumors about this school. What stats are they looking for? My stats are 84 composite pcat and 3.62 for gpa. If you guys don't mind sharing yours.:)

I think South is a pretty good school, I heard bad rumors too but I heard good ones as well. I read a few posts from people who go there and they said its a good school, but since its an accelerated program...its can get tough. The faculty seem to be VERY nice. Its kind of like talking to family and friends. Just search through some posts and you should find bad and good rumors, but it did have a 96% Naplex passing rate before, so its doing something right.

Last edited:
Hey guys, is South University pharmacy any good? I'm from florida and looking to apply to south as a backup school. I will submit my application later this week, but I'm worry as there are a lot of bad rumors about this school. What stats are they looking for? My stats are 84 composite pcat and 3.62 for gpa. If you guys don't mind sharing yours.:)

Randy
I am from south Florida, and I have been trying to get into Florida schools for the longest while. The thing is with Florida schools is that they like high PCAT’s and nice GPA’s (which all schools should like). I have a freaking masters for crying out loud and I only received one interview from a Florida school. Almost all the GA schools gave me a call and an invite. I don’t know what is going on with Florida. It has become extremely competitive. I am definitely going to SOUTH. The faculty seems to be very nice, the school is small, but it just means less distractions. Hurry up and apply! They only accept 96 students a year. Last year’s passing rate (2009) was 94.74% that’s good enough for me.

Randy
I am from south Florida, and I have been trying to get into Florida schools for the longest while. The thing is with Florida schools is that they like high PCAT’s and nice GPA’s (which all schools should like). I have a freaking masters for crying out loud and I only received one interview from a Florida school. Almost all the GA schools gave me a call and an invite. I don’t know what is going on with Florida. It has become extremely competitive. I am definitely going to SOUTH. The faculty seems to be very nice, the school is small, but it just means less distractions. Hurry up and apply! They only accept 96 students a year. Last year’s passing rate (2009) was 94.74% that’s good enough for me.

Try LECOM Bradenton in Florida. Its fully accredited, but a kind of new school. I believe its "easier" to get into, I think they care more to see that your motivated rather than your grades. I got in and I don't have anything nearly as nice as a master's.

Does it matter where you attend pharmacy school? From what I heard, getting a job after pharmacy school can partly depend on the institution you graduated from. That is why I'm a bit reluctant, but I guess it's good to have backups. Where do you guys get the NAPLEX passing rate? I really liked the accelerated program though, you get out faster; I'll be 22-23 by then.

anyone else interviewing at the savannah campus feb 10th? it'd be cool to meet some people while we're all in the area!

Hi, I have an interview in February, I am coming from out of town. Do you mind telling where you guys stayed at? I'm unfamiliar with the area. Thanks.

Hi, I have an interview in February, I am coming from out of town. Do you mind telling where you guys stayed at? I'm unfamiliar with the area. Thanks.

There is a Day's Inn on the same street of the campus. The street is called Mall Blvd. So basically at one end, its South campus and the other end where you will be entering in from (most likely) is Day's Inn (next to Taco Bell).

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I might be flying in instead of driving. Trying to look for flights, man it's expensive. I wish the school would send me the information on the area when I confirmed, so I could know what airport was close by as well hotels around the area and shuttle service that hotels may provide as well to the school and airport too. Did they do that for the rest of you guys? I know that the other schools did that. Thanks again.

Hey kellbell, I'm interviewing on the 11th. But I'm driving up on the 10th. Looks like we just missed each other. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
I am currently a student at South and was in your shoes last year. Let me know if you guys have any questions. You can send me a private message here or reply to on this thread. Good luck with everything and maybe I will see you around on campus during your interviews!

CJ
South University c/o 2013

hey...i actually am interviewing on the 11th, i just realized i put the wrong date. i'm driving down on the 10th also, where are you coming from? i guess we'll be seeing eachother around!

Hello,

I have my interview next Friday and was wondering what should i expect from the interview process and how long after the interview they make their decisions and what exactly are they looking for.

sassy I sent you a private message.

Hello,

I have my interview next Friday and was wondering what should i expect from the interview process and how long after the interview they make their decisions and what exactly are they looking for.

You will know in about one week!