You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
South University Interviews 2010-2011
Started by 2011Bound
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey I'll be coming from Gainesville, how about you? I'm starting to get a little nervous about this lol.
I'm coming from Jacksonville... i'm i little nervous since it's my first interview .
i'm coming from jersey...and feelin pretty nervous, its my first interview too. are you guys staying in savannah for the weekend? or just for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm coming from jersey...and feelin pretty nervous, its my first interview too. are you guys staying in savannah for the weekend? or just for the interview?
I'm coming back home the same day... have an exam on the 12th. Goodluck. See ya there.
Probably just staying for interview. It's my first also. I hope I'm not being too forward, but do ya'll wanna meet up like right before the orientation and sit together? I don't know anyone else interviewing and I hate that feeling of 'it's the first day of high school and I don't know where to sit in the cafeteria'.
Probably just staying for interview. It's my first also. I hope I'm not being too forward, but do ya'll wanna meet up like right before the orientation and sit together? I don't know anyone else interviewing and I hate that feeling of 'it's the first day of high school and I don't know where to sit in the cafeteria'.[/Q
Lol... that will be fine.
meeting up before hand sounds good to me! it'll be nice to get to know a few people while we're all in town
The power of 3! Awesome!
hey
i am really confused bertween nova and south ?
can you help me out
i am really confused bertween nova and south ?
can you help me out
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).🙂
What specifically are you confused about
hey
nova- four year prog..i love the campus ..beautiful location//i know a couple of people who go there
south- three year prog..didnt like the campus that much ..i don't know anyone there
nova- four year prog..i love the campus ..beautiful location//i know a couple of people who go there
south- three year prog..didnt like the campus that much ..i don't know anyone there
hey
i got accepted to south ..i want to do retail.so my only concern is that will i get enough experience in south university
i got accepted to south ..i want to do retail.so my only concern is that will i get enough experience in south university
ask Sufl2013 about that. he goes to that school. he posted earlier on the thread. I sent him a PM and he was very helpful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone who interviewed yesterday...How do you think it went? I thought it was way more relaxed than I expected. Please post when you hear back from South!!!! They said like 2-3 weeks right?
It was a great experience.. for my first interview it was a great and friendly environment. They meet next Thursday so like next Friday we should know.
Yesterday I interviewed at the South University, it was one of the most laid back interviews I have been to. It's a very small school and in a nice suburban area. The interviewers I had were very nice and I had a lot in common with them. I thought they asked great questions and it was easy to talk to them. We had to write an essay, I did that as soon as I came in so I could get it over with also the tour was very quick bc it's a VERY small school. The only thing that I didn't like was that they didn't discuss the financial aid thoroughly and they didn't really tell us that we could leave after the interview. Otherwise I really liked everything, it will be a tough program but it's possible. I love that it's an accelerated program and everybody seems really friendly. Great school! Good luck to everyone that will be interviewing!
Hi I had mine to last friday too. I had good cop bad cop, good cop was very laid back, bad cop was tough. It seems like everyone but me had laid back interviews! 🙁
Hi I had mine to last friday too. I had good cop bad cop, good cop was very laid back, bad cop was tough. It seems like everyone but me had laid back interviews! 🙁
You did fine.... hope we all got in and start together.
Hi I had mine to last friday too. I had good cop bad cop, good cop was very laid back, bad cop was tough. It seems like everyone but me had laid back interviews! 🙁
If you don't mind me asking who did you have interview you?
Just recieved my acceptance email from South!!!!! Interviewed last friday.....really excited! That was a quick response!! South was at the top of my list so I'm 99% sure I will be attending next year. Anyone else who is starting next year we should keep in touch.
Got my acceptance today too! Whoo Hoo! I was at same interview as you.
Got my acceptance today too! Whoo Hoo! I was at same interview as you.
Yes and I think we spoke. If you are who I think. I asked you if you were one of the three people that were meeting up before the interviews. I had a black suit, blue tie and a beard.
congrats! i got accepted today too!!!! SO EXCITED!!! south was definitely one of my top choices, but i have another interview next friday. does anyone know if they offer any extensions on the deposit??
I dunno, but I would like to know also!
congrats to everyone also!
oh wow! small world, i basically grew up in LBI! my grandparents had a house in manahawkin and i used to spend every weekend in the summer there as a kid. i was going to ask if you were from jersey (i noticed the 609 haha) but im from marlton, cherry hill area. did you interview on the 11th also?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I submitted my PharmCAS and secondary application in late January, and my GPA is still being calculated. How long did it take you guys to receive any notification saying they received your application? It's been about 3 weeks now and I'm getting antsy.
congrats s-tan! your non posting was starting to make me worry
congrats s-tan! your non posting was starting to make me worry
I know.... i got scared because i didn't get an email yesterday...lol I called them this morning and they said oh (my name) i sent u the email yesterday and mailed out your stuff. Then i started screaming at work.lol But i'm so happy. Wish u select to come here too.
oh wow! small world, i basically grew up in LBI! my grandparents had a house in manahawkin and i used to spend every weekend in the summer there as a kid. i was going to ask if you were from jersey (i noticed the 609 haha) but im from marlton, cherry hill area. did you interview on the 11th also?
Haha thats funny. I know the cherry hill area pretty well. I had friends from pensauken and medford. Yes i was there last friday. i assume you were the girl who raised her hand and said she was from jersey.... Where else are you interviewing? Do you think you're going to South?
Haha thats funny. I know the cherry hill area pretty well. I had friends from pensauken and medford. Yes i was there last friday. i assume you were the girl who raised her hand and said she was from jersey.... Where else are you interviewing? Do you think you're going to South?
haha i used to work in medford in high school! but yep, that was me! i'm interviewing with SC College of Pharmacy in charleston next weekend, so i'd really like to find out if theres any way to get the deposit extended. i really did love south and will probably end up going there, but i'd like to see the other school just to have something to compare it to, especially since i already accepted the interview. i'll probably try calling diana or rachel on monday to find out..
Hi everyone, I am having an interview at South University Savannah campus this coming up Friday, Feb 25th. This is going to be my first pharmacy interview. I'm excited and a little worry too 🙂. Anybody else has the interview that same day?
Also, would anyone please give me some advice about what I should focus and expect from the interview process so I can prepare better for this. Ive read that there is going to be a quick essay as well?
Also, would anyone please give me some advice about what I should focus and expect from the interview process so I can prepare better for this. Ive read that there is going to be a quick essay as well?
Last edited:
I'll be there on the 25th also. Look back over the thread for info on how the interview was for others. It seems like it will be pretty easy going. See you there!
Hey guys I submitted my PharmCAS and secondary application in late January, and my GPA is still being calculated. How long did it take you guys to receive any notification saying they received your application? It's been about 3 weeks now and I'm getting antsy.
The pharmcas application is what hold you up, go under school designation and see if it said mailed. As far as South, it took two days for them to receive my supp app and then a confirmation email. Then 1 week from that to get an interview date. they are pretty quick with their application process.
Hi everyone, I am having an interview at South University Savannah campus this coming up Friday, Feb 25th. This is going to be my first pharmacy interview. I'm excited and a little worry too 🙂. Anybody else has the interview that same day?
Also, would anyone please give me some advice about what I should focus and expect from the interview process so I can prepare better for this. Ive read that there is going to be a quick essay as well?
First off, congratulations on your interview. The only advice I can give you is to just relax and answer each question honestly. I cant really get more specific because each interviewer has a different style. And yes there is a quick essay. Just be prepared and know what you put in your application and personal statement and you will be fine. Good luck!
Thank you Sulf. The essay topics in general were healthcare related question, problem solve, or just more about yourself? This is going to be my first so I'm trying to prepare for it as much as I can. Keeping my fingers crossFirst off, congratulations on your interview. The only advice I can give you is to just relax and answer each question honestly. I cant really get more specific because each interviewer has a different style. And yes there is a quick essay. Just be prepared and know what you put in your application and personal statement and you will be fine. Good luck!
😀I'll be there on the 25th also. Look back over the thread for info on how the interview was for others. It seems like it will be pretty easy going. See you there!
Yeah....seems like everyone has had a nice experience throughout the interview process at South. Good luck and I will see you there
I'm a current student at South, C/O 2011 (115 days to graduation!). One piece of advice I have, if you have a choice, pick the Savannah campus over Columbia. Almost all the good and important teachers are at Savannah, so in Columbia most of your classes are via the teleconference system. You'll have better access to the important teachers if you are in Savannah. Plus, it would be easier to pay attention during a lecture, and not spend all your time on distractions like Facebook 🙂
Oh, Sufl2013 That you CJ? I'm Danderson.
Oh, Sufl2013 That you CJ? I'm Danderson.
Last edited:
I'm a current student at South, C/O 2011 (115 days to graduation!). One piece of advice I have, if you have a choice, pick the Savannah campus over Columbia. Almost all the good and important teachers are at Savannah, so in Columbia most of your classes are via the teleconference system. You'll have better access to the important teachers if you are in Savannah. Plus, it would be easier to pay attention during a lecture, and not spend all your time on distractions like Facebook 🙂
Oh, Sufl2013 That you CJ? I'm Danderson.
Yep, tis me 😀 And I will attest to Danderson's statement. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So much does tuition actually cost? At the interview they said tuition was about $10000 a quarter. Then they gave us a sample financial aid form which only listed summer, fall, and winter quarters and stated the cost was about $30000. Is the spring quarter free.....like but 3 get the 4th for free? Or was that paper just bs....to the guys that attend South is it $30000 a year or $40000?
So much does tuition actually cost? At the interview they said tuition was about $10000 a quarter. Then they gave us a sample financial aid form which only listed summer, fall, and winter quarters and stated the cost was about $30000. Is the spring quarter free.....like but 3 get the 4th for free? Or was that paper just bs....to the guys that attend South is it $30000 a year or $40000?
It is $10000 per quarter, including the 4th quarter. Therefore yes it is $40000 a year. And the breakdown is pretty accurate to what we all usually get as far as financial aid and such. It may be a little different but it gives you an idea of what to expect.
It is $10000 per quarter, including the 4th quarter. Therefore yes it is $40000 a year. And the breakdown is pretty accurate to what we all usually get as far as financial aid and such. It may be a little different but it gives you an idea of what to expect.
One thing to add, you get financial aid every 3 quarters. The cost of the degree is comparable to other private pharmacy schools, like Mercer. Even though South is a 3 year program, academically and financially, it is still 4 "academic years".
for you guys that are currently students at south, did you find it hard to adjust to the curriculum? are the courses really much more difficult than undergrad courses? also, is the school-sponsored housing really worth it? it just seems a little expensive to me.. and do you know if the school offers any roommate-finder services? i'd love to find someone else in the program to live with!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Locked
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K