South University Interviews 2010-2011

Started by 2011Bound
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for you guys that are currently students at south, did you find it hard to adjust to the curriculum? are the courses really much more difficult than undergrad courses? also, is the school-sponsored housing really worth it? it just seems a little expensive to me.. and do you know if the school offers any roommate-finder services? i'd love to find someone else in the program to live with!

I sent you a message
 
Hello everyone,

I am so excited to see that many of you will be attending South this summer. I wanted to let you guys know that I also will be attending at the columbia campus. Congrats to everyone and I look forward to meeting you all.

😀😀😀😀
 
Hello everyone,

I am so excited to see that many of you will be attending South this summer. I wanted to let you guys know that I also will be attending at the columbia campus. Congrats to everyone and I look forward to meeting you all.

😀😀😀😀

I will be at Savannah, Good luck!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for you guys that are currently students at south, did you find it hard to adjust to the curriculum? are the courses really much more difficult than undergrad courses? also, is the school-sponsored housing really worth it? it just seems a little expensive to me.. and do you know if the school offers any roommate-finder services? i'd love to find someone else in the program to live with!

I would like to know the answer to this also about the classes.
 
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, but was looking for a way to meet my future classmates. I was accepted into South University- Columbia campus back in January. As of right now, I'm about 90% sure that's where I'll be attending in June. I also got accepted into Campbell and interviewed at UNC-Chapel Hill (where I did my undergrad) this past Thursday. Anyone on here currently attending the Columbia campus?? I look forward to meeting you all!
 
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, but was looking for a way to meet my future classmates. I was accepted into South University- Columbia campus back in January. As of right now, I'm about 90% sure that's where I'll be attending in June. I also got accepted into Campbell and interviewed at UNC-Chapel Hill (where I did my undergrad) this past Thursday. Anyone on here currently attending the Columbia campus?? I look forward to meeting you all!

Hey I will also be at the columbia campus in June. I paid my deposit friday. I look forward to meeting you. We will see a lot of each other lol.
 
Got my acceptance email today. I am relieved to have been accepted; but I am still waiting to hear from my first choice school. :scared:
 
Hello everyone! I just got my acceptance email yesterday! I'm sooooo excited! I can't wait to start and meet all of you 🙂 😀
 
Got my acceptance email today. I am relieved to have been accepted; but I am still waiting to hear from my first choice school. :scared:
\
I was in the same boat but apparently depending on when you had your interview USC will not be letting many people know of their final decision until March 9. Since I had to let South know something within like a week I just accepted South because I did not want to risk waiting for USC and losing a chance to start school this year. I just wanted to let you know that since you will probably have to let South know something soon. 🙄
 
So for you guys that are already attending South...Where is a good place to live? I'll be looking for an apartment. What are good areas? Where should I stay away from? I need a reasonably priced 2 bedroom near school?
 
So for you guys that are already attending South...Where is a good place to live? I'll be looking for an apartment. What are good areas? Where should I stay away from? I need a reasonably priced 2 bedroom near school?

I currently live right behind the school in colonial village at huntington. My one bedroom is $739 a month and the apartments are pretty old. I just signed a lease at 8000 waters across the street for a 2 bedroom at $900 a month and it's super nice! They just remodeled all of the apartments with new appliances and flooring. I would go with 8000 waters because they're so much nicer and you can still walk to school 🙂 They also have tenis courts and a fenced in dog park 👍 Hope that helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently live right behind the school in colonial village at huntington. My one bedroom is $739 a month and the apartments are pretty old. I just signed a lease at 8000 waters across the street for a 2 bedroom at $900 a month and it's super nice! They just remodeled all of the apartments with new appliances and flooring. I would go with 8000 waters because they're so much nicer and you can still walk to school 🙂 They also have tenis courts and a fenced in dog park 👍 Hope that helps!

Is this in columbia or savannah?
 
Thanks enmet. We are gonna come up there next week to look at places. 8000 waters looks nice. But I really want to keep my rent under 800...We'll see what happens.
 
Does anyone know when we have to turn in everything for the loans and stuff? I figure it should be soon, but not sure exactly when.
 
Does anyone know when we have to turn in everything for the loans and stuff? I figure it should be soon, but not sure exactly when.

The financial aid packet we got during the day of the interview has a step by step process and the times that they need to be completed by. Fafsa for 2010-2011 should be completed asap ... check out the forms they gave u and apply for scholarships.
 
The financial aid packet we got during the day of the interview has a step by step process and the times that they need to be completed by. Fafsa for 2010-2011 should be completed asap ... check out the forms they gave u and apply for scholarships.

Hey, yeah I've sent those in I think already. I've been trying to get in touch with Financial Aid at columbia for a while, I don't know if everyones on vacation or what. I thought maybe they haven't started doing the financial aid papers for the incoming P1's yet.
 
Has anyone had trouble applying for the graduate plus loan? When I select South University it says that this school is not participating in this loan? But the packet we received at the interview says that we have to apply for this loan? Thanks!
 
Does anyone who attends the columbia campus know of any good apartments by the school that are reasonably priced? I was looking at the ones near USC but if I could be closer to campus that would be great.
 
Has anyone had trouble applying for the graduate plus loan? When I select South University it says that this school is not participating in this loan? But the packet we received at the interview says that we have to apply for this loan? Thanks!


i think we have to wait til we receive a financial aid packet from the school. i also noticed a few sites that say south isnt participating, but i think they do things on their own for us on an individual basis.. i could be wrong though. the sites that i've found say to contact the schools financial aid office, but i just recently sent back the forms that were given to us at the interview, so i think i'm going to wait a little while longer before calling them to see if they send us any more info. has anyone else heard anything on loans?
 
Has anyone had trouble applying for the graduate plus loan? When I select South University it says that this school is not participating in this loan? But the packet we received at the interview says that we have to apply for this loan? Thanks!


Were you actually applying for the loan? I think all you have to do is turn in the forms from the interview. You also have to go to www.studentloans.gov and complete the promissary note for the Stafford and Grad Plus loan and you have to do the entrance counseling. This is the information I was given from the financial aid office and I have not had any problems so far. 😳
 
Hey guys is there a facebook group for the Savannah campus? I already searched but couldn't find it. I think it will be a good way for us to find roommates. 🙂 Also where you guys living?
 
I was put on the waitlist and then got accepted a few weeks after. I also declined my seat offer so one of you guys who are on the wait list can have it.
 
Hey guys I have been accepted in Savannah and plan to attend. It seems there are a lot of questions about places to live. I have lived in Savannah for over a year now because of work and have a good idea about the city. I guess if you want to be really close to school 8000 waters would be good. However it seems a bit pricey. I live in a 3 bedroom condo in the Thunderbolt area and I pay $317 per month. I would say that is somewhat rare, but my point is there are decent palces to live for fairly reasonable prices. As far as areas that are safe to live, it does require a little time researching the areas. One place could be fine and then two streets over not so much. There are all kinds of places on craigslist. I would google map them, go to street view, and look around. You can probably get a good idea of the neighborhood that way. Hope this could help. Any questions just ask.

South University- accepted, attending
University of GA- accepted
PCOM- declined interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone!

Can anyone post some demographic info on the school (male v. female, ethnicities, etc.)...just curious 🙂

Thanks!
 
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to meet everyone in June. About places to live... we were looking at 8000 waters but found a 2 bedroom town home in Royal Oaks apartment complex for about the same price. Our town home is 1400 square feet for $875 month. They have a pool, work out room and dog park! And it's about a 3 minute drive from the school off eisenhower. Hope this helps! See you all soon!
 
Congrats to everyone that have been accepted! How many y'all were on the wait list or are still on the wait list?
 
I have several questions and I hope somebody could answer me. I'm applying to pharmacy school this fall and I'd like to figure out more about these accelerated pharmacy programs. Can someone post a list and say if each one is accredited nationally? I want to know which ones have full accreditation because I've heard some don't, I'm just unsure and I'd like to know which ones do so I can apply to them. I want to be able to get a job if I do happen to go. I'm unsure of how it works. Please give information and an updated list of three year pharmacy schools...thanks.

I just figured out South University deadline was in June at Savannah Georgia. Are there any of the other schools that are fully accredited that I can still apply to?
 
I have several questions and I hope somebody could answer me. I'm applying to pharmacy school this fall and I'd like to figure out more about these accelerated pharmacy programs. Can someone post a list and say if each one is accredited nationally? I want to know which ones have full accreditation because I've heard some don't, I'm just unsure and I'd like to know which ones do so I can apply to them. I want to be able to get a job if I do happen to go. I'm unsure of how it works. Please give information and an updated list of three year pharmacy schools...thanks.

I just figured out South University deadline was in June at Savannah Georgia. Are there any of the other schools that are fully accredited that I can still apply to?

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Massachusetts - Worcester
Midwestern - Glendale
Pacific University
South University
Sullivan University -candidate
University of Appalachia
University of the Pacific
University of Southern Nevada
University of Maryland Eastern Shore-candidate
South College in Knoxville, TN-pre-candidate
Saint Joseph College-pre-candidate
Roosevelt University-pre-candidate

hope this helps and the rest of the schools i didn't the accrediation status are fully accredited. I'm actually starting in 9 days at lecom-erie. so let me know if you have any questions about the admission process. good luck
 
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Massachusetts - Worcester
Midwestern - Glendale
Pacific University
South University
Sullivan University -candidate
University of Appalachia
University of the Pacific
University of Southern Nevada
University of Maryland Eastern Shore-candidate
South College in Knoxville, TN-pre-candidate
Saint Joseph College-pre-candidate
Roosevelt University-pre-candidate

hope this helps and the rest of the schools i didn't the accrediation status are fully accredited. I'm actually starting in 9 days at lecom-erie. so let me know if you have any questions about the admission process. good luck

Sure is LECOM accredited sorry i couldnt understand what you meant in your post. Also can I apply for it this fall or has the deadline passed?
 
Sure is LECOM accredited sorry i couldnt understand what you meant in your post. Also can I apply for it this fall or has the deadline passed?

yes LECOM IS accredited, and i mean all pharmacy schools i wrote are fully accreditted and except the schools that I wrote pre-candidate and candidate status. you cannot apply for it this fall because the deadline was march 1st for lecom, february for other schools, some are january, some schools even have december deadlines. each school is different with their deadline, so you will apply now for the 2012 entering class
 
hey all, I applied to South University for the Fall of 2012 and sent out my supplemental application today. Good luck to all who apply this year!
 
3.1 gpa, 84 pcat, lots of work experience very little volunteering

thats good, so do you have/or will you be earning a bachelors degree?

so far i
have a 3.42 gpa with a 60 pcat score with experience, shadowing, and volunteering at school and out of school, extra activities, president of club, ambassaor, etc.

ALSO, I have an interview too on October 7th! =)
 
Last edited:
thats good, so do you have/or will you be earning a bachelors degree?

so far i
have a 3.42 gpa with a 60 pcat score with experience, shadowing, and volunteering at school and out of school, extra activities, president of club, ambassaor, etc.

ALSO, I have an interview too on October 7th! =)
wow congrats I will see you there then! Yes I will have my bachelor's by may. I hope I get accepted without the condition of completing it though because I will not have to take 3 labs next semester :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow congrats I will see you there then! Yes I will have my bachelor's by may. I hope I get accepted without the condition of completing it though because I will not have to take 3 labs next semester :scared:

you do not have to have a bachelors for this school as long as you complete their prereqs.
 
you do not have to have a bachelors for this school as long as you complete their prereqs.
yeah I know but maybe they might place it as a condition for acceptance since I put it in my pharmcas that I will receive it by May 2012. Who knows... I just hope I get in regardless :xf:
 
So the interview was great! Although the campus is really small compared to my undergrad place, I really enjoyed it just for that fact. The inside of the building is actually quite large and the admissions staff was very nice and helpful. Definitely a top choice of mine if I get accepted 🙂