Southern Vampire/True Blood WW SIGN UP Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Stackhouse Farm
1.wldlfstdnt
2. nordicat
3. Packen
4. Lupin21
5. cuit
6. DocE(rotic)

The Bellefleur Mansion
1. Foxhunter
2. krist
3. ksmi117
4. nohika
5. zanydogz
6. Trematode

Merlotte's Bar and Grill
1. devyn
2. SnS
3. Lissa
4. dyachei
5. S-Old-V
6. The LIS

Hot Shot
1. equinerider26
2.
3.
4.
5. DVMD
6.

The Old Compton Place
1. Wolfspeaker
2. hedgiehog
3.
4.swingnsave
5.
6.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd like to play, but the timing is not good for me. 🙁 This weekend will be my first on 12-hour overnight shifts, so between work and sleep I'll miss most of the beginning of the game. I'll try to watch, though.
 
So, who would be a good avatar to have? I've never read nor seen the series...though I probably should...

You should get Jason Stackhouse as an avatar

images
 
I'd like to play, but the timing is not good for me. 🙁 This weekend will be my first on 12-hour overnight shifts, so between work and sleep I'll miss most of the beginning of the game. I'll try to watch, though.

But..but..but...:cry:
 
so could y'all give me the jist of the game? 🙂

Basically, two teams (usually). Wolves and Villagers. You have to try and figure out who the wolves are. During the day, everyone votes to lynch. At night, the wolves try to kill someone or convert. Different people have different roles such as protector, investigator, etc. There can also be items that have similar actions, or completely silly ones.

I recommend going to the Dog Sanctuary thread and reading that to get an idea. Also, websearch mafia/werewolf (or perhaps you played that game when you were younger? 🙂)

It's easy! And we shall help you along!
 
Basically, two teams (usually). Wolves and Villagers. You have to try and figure out who the wolves are. During the day, everyone votes to lynch. At night, the wolves try to kill someone or convert. Different people have different roles such as protector, investigator, etc. There can also be items that have similar actions, or completely silly ones.

I recommend going to the Dog Sanctuary thread and reading that to get an idea. Also, websearch mafia/werewolf (or perhaps you played that game when you were younger? 🙂)

It's easy! And we shall help you along!

I played the mafia game in middle school in class! 😍 Awesome fun. Was sooo excited to see these games on the forums.
 
I played the mafia game in middle school in class! 😍 Awesome fun. Was sooo excited to see these games on the forums.

That's how I remembered. And if you were a bad guy you would do the secret scratch on someone's hand when you shook it? Ah the good old days🙄
 
But..but..but...:cry:
I'd like to play. 🙁 But spending the first three days of the game either working, sleeping, or (likely) in a tired daze when the internet is available does not a good WW-er make. I'd have to contingency everything, and that's assuming cycles didn't end early enough that I'd miss them entirely.

I shall attempt to be an entertaining troll in my available coherent hours, though. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Stackhouse Farm
1.wldlfstdnt
2. nordicat
3. Packen
4. Lupin21
5. cuit
6. DocE(rotic)

The Bellefleur Mansion
1. Foxhunter
2. krist
3. ksmi117
4. nohika
5. zanydogz
6. Trematode

Merlotte's Bar and Grill
1. devyn
2. SnS
3. Lissa
4. dyachei
5. S-Old-V
6. The LIS

Hot Shot
1. equinerider26
2. jdh71
3.
4.
5. DVMD
6.

The Old Compton Place
1. Wolfspeaker
2. hedgiehog
3.
4.swingnsave
5.
6.
 
The Stackhouse Farm
1.wldlfstdnt
2. nordicat
3. Packen
4. Lupin21
5. cuit
6. DocE(rotic)

The Bellefleur Mansion
1. Foxhunter
2. krist
3. ksmi117
4. nohika
5. zanydogz
6. Trematode

Merlotte's Bar and Grill
1. devyn
2. SnS
3. Lissa
4. dyachei
5. S-Old-V
6. The LIS

Hot Shot
1. equinerider26
2. jdh71
3. FFM
4.
5. DVMD
6.

The Old Compton Place
1. Wolfspeaker
2. hedgiehog
3.
4.swingnsave
5.
6.
 
just . . .

beawesome1.jpg


😉

Besides after the discussion of the different WW styles, I'm going to try one over here before I judge too harshly.

Ha. I can hope it's awesome. We shall see.
As for judgement of styles...
No one is gonna believe me now but I had planned on a couple of rules restricting the gif posting and such. Not to lounge level but a bit more controlled.
 
Ha. I can hope it's awesome. We shall see.
As for judgement of styles...
No one is gonna believe me now but I had planned on a couple of rules restricting the gif posting and such. Not to lounge level but a bit more controlled.

The pre-vet is maturing, JDH. Their youthful innocence and carelessness has been crushed by exposure to the harsh killing fields that are our lounge games.

Innocence lost.

OH! BTW: Game rule. No killing DocE in the first night lynch or day cycle. I'm tired of that crap. It's a rule. I said so!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bumping for east coasters....5 spots left! Sign up so we can get the game rolling!
 
OH! BTW: Game rule. No killing DocE in the first night lynch or day cycle. I'm tired of that crap. It's a rule. I said so!

How you managed to get yourself killed so quickly in the last game with a virtually unkillable role is beyond me. Now that takes talent. 😛
 
I need an avatar. Suggestions?

My knowledge of True Blood is basically- Sexy, Fornicating, Redneck Vampires.
 
JDH wolf indicator....

when he is complaining about the game... villager.
when he is not complaining about the game... wolf.

Based on sample size n=2

I've often wonder if I actually have a "tell"

You know I used to play wide open, run my mouth a lot, try and get lots of participation . . . but that seemed to get me lynched *cough* DocE *cough*

So the last few games I've played I've been more laid back. You have to tell me after a few more if you've got me figured. I suppose we all have a tell of some kind - subconscious, you know? Maybe?
 
You are a bad mod and no one will ever love you
Check your PM box.
So just vampire motif in general or does it need to be specific to the show?
Show or book specific if you want (see Lissa's hot guy av) but I'm looking for blood/vampire/southern redneck of any variety. NO twilight.

For example, my avatar is a blood donation advert from India, but fits the overall theme.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.