Speed WW: WWesley the Cat Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@SportPonies you have goootttt to be careful what you say as a seer. You suddenly read someone as villager the day cycle following when you can seer, and we're gonna look back and see that.

But nicely played DVMD. Can't even complain. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Remaining is

@LetItSnow, The Catnip Chili Pepper, who could protect a target each night. Repeated targets resulted in a 25% chance increase of accidental death by catnip overdose.

@DVMDream , Matted Fur, wolf

GAME OVER.

WOLVES WIN

View attachment 219064
20141025_123440.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@SportPonies you have goootttt to be careful what you say as a seer. You suddenly read someone as villager the day cycle following when you can seer, and we're gonna look back and see that.

But nicely placed DVMD. Can't even complain. :p
Yeah she uh...never seered anyone :laugh:

I laughed my ass off when you quoted that post of hers. That was the best. :D

That's it, definitely just going with the "ignore players who aren't giving af" tact in the future. Seems more successful. :p Also let's just not bother reading back or ISOing at all, it gets me nada apparently. :rofl:

I was cringing the entire time I was dead because I am nowhere near as adept at foresight as you guys are. I feel like I just end up trying to save my tail the entire game, and never know what to say and how it'll be perceived.

For the record, I didn't even seer anyone because I nearly got myself mod killed at the beginning (b/c I forgot I was playing) and am apparently just crap at time management in general, so I think this'll be my first and last speed game haha

Members don't see this ad :)
That's it, definitely just going with the "ignore players who aren't giving af" tact in the future. Seems more successful. :p Also let's just not bother reading back or ISOing at all, it gets me nada apparently. :rofl:

Meh. I don't think that is fair. I didn't IGNORE your iso ... it just wasn't enough to change my mind.

The danger of consistently ignoring players who are peaced out is that it makes it a more and more viable wolf ploy to do it.

But yeah. Cheat really got distracting. :(

It was a very well put together and a fun game!!

man but why is everyone so suspicious of me

I suck at WW and obvi flail around always

Meh. I don't think that is fair. I didn't IGNORE your iso ... it just wasn't enough to change my mind.

The danger is consistently ignoring players who are peaced out is that it makes it a more and more viable wolf ploy to do it.

separate thoughts; not saying you ignored me at all. Just laughing at myself that my time spent trying to figure out who SP had cleared ended up clearing the wolf.

I'm still very fond of just killing people who don't participate, or very early subbing in. Just causes such a rift in the game when you have like a 1/4 of the field nonexistent.

The danger of consistently ignoring players who are peaced out is that it makes it a more and more viable wolf ploy to do it.

I mean, cheat really helped me.

Also coop dying with Abney. And being able to look at Cheat, SP, you and trilt and go....

Trilt and LIS would have seered the crap out of me by now. And I was 95% sure you had protected me. And going... cheat is MIA, there has to be a seer so killed SP.

Yanno, I don't think I've played a game with you as a wolf @DVMDream. You were one of the mentors in my noob game but I honestly can't even think of a game I modded with you as a wolf. I nudged you lower after you questioned why I was putting you up my list, and it's good to know you'll do that when sketch. :p

separate thoughts; not saying you ignored me at all. Just laughing at myself that my time spent trying to figure out who SP had cleared ended up clearing the wolf.

I'm still very fond of just killing people who don't participate, or very early subbing in. Just causes such a rift in the game when you have like a 1/4 of the field nonexistent.
Problem was cheat didn't 100% flake until the day we did sub her out. Probably could have done it earlier, but we didn't have a stated participation requirement, so I wouldn't have felt right taking someone out who had checked in and voted each day up to that point. Couldn't mod kill all the PRs and didn't have people to sub in for everyone, which is why we gave them until end of d2 to check in (and thankfully they all did).

Reactions: 2 users
Yanno, I don't think I've played a game with you as a wolf @DVMDream. You were one of the mentors in my noob game but I honestly can't even think of a game I modded with you as a wolf. I nudged you lower after you questioned why I was putting you up my list, and it's good to know you'll do that when sketch. :p

Lol, I do that as a villager too. But, really, you had no connection between myself and snowy, so I acted as I would have as a villager and asked you to explain. Which you couldn't. Which allowed me to cast just the slightest bit of suspicion your way. ;)

Lol, I do that as a villager too. But, really, you had no connection between myself and snowy, so I acted as I would have as a villager and asked you to explain. Which you couldn't. Which allowed me to cast just the slightest bit of suspicion your way. ;)
lol. except I did, and I could explain it? You had a vote for someone I nudge votes to as a wolf, too, and you had peaced as soon as there were votes piled on Snowy. If snowy had flipped wolf that was absolutely a worthwhile bit of information and I would have pushed a lynch on it. As it were, you pushing on that nudged you lower and Snowy flipping village left just the AM vote as sketch and that was very minimal.

I do generally have reasons for my votes. Lord knows they're not always correct reasons. But I get to the right spot a decent percentage of the time. :p

Thanks for the game, everyone!

Wesley flips for all of you :D

(bonus: you get to hear my "cat" voice, which apparently makes me sound like I'm breaking the ToS by posting on here)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Problem was cheat didn't 100% flake until the day we did sub her out. Probably could have done it earlier, but we didn't have a stated participation requirement, so I wouldn't have felt right taking someone out who had checked in and voted each day up to that point. Couldn't mod kill all the PRs and didn't have people to sub in for everyone, which is why we gave them until end of d2 to check in (and thankfully they all did).
Oh don't worry, I know it's a rock and hard place situation. Just is frustrating to play a game - especially a speed game - missing a quarter of the players.

lol. except I did, and I could explain it? You had a vote for someone I nudge votes to as a wolf, too, and you had peaced as soon as there were votes piled on Snowy. If snowy had flipped wolf that was absolutely a worthwhile bit of information and I would have pushed a lynch on it. As it were, you pushing on that nudged you lower and Snowy flipping village left just the AM vote as sketch and that was very minimal.

I do generally have reasons for my votes. Lord knows they're not always correct reasons. But I get to the right spot a decent percentage of the time. :p

But I didn't peace when snowy was getting votes. I was long gone before she was getting votes. I still can't connect snowy getting votes to me not being around. Heck, neither were at least 4-5 other players...like it logically doesn't connect at all. Because you'd have to make 4-5 others who also weren't around wolfy too for it to make sense.

Oh don't worry, I know it's a rock and hard place situation. Just is frustrating to play a game - especially a speed game - missing a quarter of the players.
Ugh, yeah, that moment when I realized I had a couple duplicate votes in my d1 tallies and we actually had 7/11 players voting and not 9 :inpain:

But I didn't peace when snowy was getting votes. I was long gone before she was getting votes. I still can't connect snowy getting votes to me not being around. Heck, neither were at least 4-5 other players...like it logically doesn't connect at all. Because you'd have to make 4-5 others who also weren't around wolfy too for it to make sense.
combo of your sketchy vote and seeming to peace, not just one and the other. I'm not saying it was slam bang or even particularly reasonable; but for d1 or whatever, it was something that caught my eye and there was logic to it. maybe 2+2=5 logic, but logic. :p

Also, in regards to the AM Lynch....

I will 1000% continue to lynch players that base lynch votes because "so and so was a good wolf in some other game"... that is true to my village play. That will be what I do regardless is alignment and what I have done in recent past games. Don't like it, stop voting stupid like that.

combo of your sketchy vote and seeming to peace, not just one and the other. I'm not saying it was slam bang or even particularly reasonable; but for d1 or whatever, it was something that caught my eye and there was logic to it. maybe 2+2=5 logic, but logic. :p
a945b238a4b62ba94dca6e7a6d8e2190_-logic-aliens-meme_461-403.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Also, in regards to the AM Lynch....

I will 1000% continue to lynch players that base lynch votes because "so and so was a good wolf in some other game"... that is true to my village play. That will be what I do regardless is alignment and what I have done in recent past games. Don't like it, stop voting stupid like that.
(i also popped into a couple old games while eyeballing your comment and you had definitely voted like this (based on previous game) at least once in the past... but had more recent examples of you complaining about it, so I called it a wash lol).

I don't care if that had been AM, you, LIS, coop, my own cat.... I will make that lynch every time. Just like if someone lynched themselves.

I mean, cheat really helped me.

Also coop dying with Abney. And being able to look at Cheat, SP, you and trilt and go....

Trilt and LIS would have seered the crap out of me by now. And I was 95% sure you had protected me. And going... cheat is MIA, there has to be a seer so killed SP.

Ironically, I actually put in a move to protect Abnerr's first.... them did a quick scan and decided she was likely wolf, so I protected you instead.

Sigh. :)

Reactions: 5 users

Though, also tough to kill players off quickly when we basically had to chain people to the roster to get enough of them to play in the first place ;)