Spousal Support in Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tar15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!

I recently got into several dental schools and am trying to make my final decision. Of the pre-Dec schools I have deposits to Columbia and University of Michigan and am still waiting to hear on interviews on UoP, UCLA, USC, and Harvard (I've withdrawn from the rest). My main concern that SDN can help with is this: I will be married by the time I matriculate, do any of these schools provide events for spouses so that they can meet people in their new city? It's extremely important to me that my wife-to-be can feel at home in our new city and since she'll be working remotely her opportunities to make her own friends will be severely limited.

I don't expect that any of them do, but it would be a huge plus if there were any formal programs/activities. Does anyone know with respect to those schools?

Best,
TAR15

P.s. I'm specifically seeing if there are "spouse specific" events, not just "your spouse is invited too" type events.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello SDN!

I recently got into several dental schools and am trying to make my final decision. Of the pre-Dec schools I have deposits to Columbia and University of Michigan and am still waiting to hear on interviews on UoP, UCLA, USC, and Harvard (I've withdrawn from the rest). My main concern that SDN can help with is this: I will be married by the time I matriculate, do any of these schools provide events for spouses so that they can meet people in their new city? It's extremely important to me that my wife-to-be can feel at home in our new city and since she'll be working remotely her opportunities to make her own friends will be severely limited.

I don't expect that any of them do, but it would be a huge plus if there were any formal programs/activities. Does anyone know with respect to those schools?

Best,
TAR15

P.s. I'm specifically seeing if there are "spouse specific" events, not just "your spouse is invited too" type events.
why not have her organize a spouses' group on FB?

Members don't see this ad :)
Start a club at your school and make it happen yourself. This is what one of my classmates did at Tufts, and it's been wildly successful.

See a need, make it happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
I understand I/we could start something. I'm not above that and have plans to do so wherever we are anyways. My question is whether any of those schools have established programs?

UoP has a dinner first year for all married/significant other students. Plenty of other married students at UoP if you're looking to make couple friends.

Reactions: 1 user