Quantcast

St Augustine GPA calculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustDPT

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I have been roaming the website a while and have a question regarding St Augustine's DPT program. I've called numerous times and I haven't been able to get in touch with admissions. Anyways, I am curious if USA recalculated the GPA in anyway when they are reviewing my application. For example, I attended a university that conducts grades with (+,-). So a 90-93 would be an A- (3.7 gpa). If anyone has any knowledge regarding this I'd appreciate it.

futuredpt-prof

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was actually accepted to USA last year, so I know the process pretty well. They calculate your GPA based on the regular A, B, C, D, F scale. This is because there are a lot of schools out there (public schools, especially) who don't use the +/- system, so they don't want any students to be at a disadvantage. For example, a student at a state school may have made an 80 average in Anatomy, but gotten a regular B (3.00) while the private school down the road gave a student with an 80 in Anatomy a B- (2.70). The same goes for all PTCAS programs for the same reason. It just evens the playing field.

futuredpt-prof

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also, try calling the phone numbers for specific admissions counselors. I always had a hard time if I called the general admissions office (lots of phone traffic year-round since they admit students every trimester). But, I never had any issues with reaching someone via email or phone if I contacted the admissions counselor for my region. She always responded quickly. If I really had any problems, even the Dean of Admissions would give me a call sometimes, especially if she knew I was waiting on an answer.