Starting Salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure when I get my PharmD my penis will grow an additional 7 inches and my level of awesomeness will be off the chart.

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure when I get my PharmD my penis will grow an additional 7 inches and my level of awesomeness will be off the chart.

Because, after all, that is why I am going to pharmacy school.

You don't think 10 inches will be too big?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know how much things cost. I don't mind living in an apartment for the first 1-3 years but I don't think it is unreasonable for a person with a DOCTORATE to live in a house like this Price $699,999 or drive a car like that after getting a doctorate. :cool:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mercedes_S_320_CDI_20090808_front.JPG

You just made me giggle. I totally asked for that. :laugh:

I'd rather not live in your $700k house - I hate HOAs.

I would rather spend my money on vacations like this than a big house or a fancy car: :D

201605420_a72bcb26e3_o.jpg

Honestly, once my s/o also gets through pharmacy school, I have no idea what we're going to do on two pharmacist incomes.

Honestly, once my s/o also gets through pharmacy school, I have no idea what we're going to do on two pharmacist incomes.
Apparently you'll either live like royalty or stock up on ramen. :smuggrin:

I think a pharmacist makes enough money that he or she is guaranteed security and quality of life. I'm looking forward to those two things.

Even looking forward to finally being able to invest. Just bought my first shares of stock. In Nintendo. :D

Because, after all, that is why I am going to pharmacy school.

DAMN!!! You must have gotten accepted to a much better school than I am even applying to. I was only guaranteed 2" with my PhD thereby effectively doubling my current "status". :smuggrin:

Fat bitter women? LOL

The point is that, from your posts, people might conclude that you have no freakin idea what it means to be a pharmacist nor do you have a grasp onwhat it means to be self sufficient. I am not trying to be offensive but before you start comparing pharmacy to a laundry washing job or go on about welfare patients, you should really ponder what you are getting yourself into. I don't think you're a MEAN person but I do think you are naive and it might be a good thing for people to point it out to you.

Pharmacy is a job. A job is something I do to make money to live on. Would I do it if I won the 250 million dollar lottery today? No, b/c I would no longer need that job to live on. Would I do it if the Cons outweigh the Pros? No, and if I took out 200K for that PharmD degree then my Cons would outweigh my Pros therefore I did not do that. Hell, if I took out more than 100K I think my cons outweigh my pros! Pharmacy is a job, it's something I have to do good in in order to make my money to do what I really want to do. I think that sentence sums it up pretty much. So no, I know exactly what I am getting myself into. Please do not talk down on people just because their expectations are different from yours. :rolleyes:

What is your defination of Pharmacy? And PLEASE DO NOT read me your corny PS for pharmacy school! :laugh:

I'd rather not live in your $700k house - I hate HOAs.

I would rather spend my money on vacations like this than a big house or a fancy car: :D

I don't think it is unreasonable to have my nice house, car and go on vacations. After all why am I working so hard for now if it isn't for a good future later on? I don't think that is asking for too much. I hope pre-pharmers will make good $$$ decisions now and look into other things (more lucrative things) to do if pharmacy turns out to be a total drag on their wallets (250K in loans). Good luck. :)

I'm just a lowly pre-pharmacy student, but let me throw in my two cents...

First off, in defense of SHC1984, a pharmacist is, at the end of the day, a job (albeit, a professional one). That is, you go to work, you do your work to the best of your ability, you collect your paycheck, and go home.

Fact is, one of the reasons why a pharmacist is a hot career choice right now (besides the supposedly guaranteed $100,000 salary right out of school) is that its largely a 40 hour-a-week job (for now, anyway).

HOWEVER:

with regards to the financial rewards, the old saying rings true: if its too good to be true, it probably is. In other words, yeah you will probably have a "great" salary, but you also have to repay the school loans for at least a decade. So, one could either live lavishly in the beginning and spend 30+ years repaying the loans, or live comfortably (or even frugally) for a period of time, pay off the loans quickly, then really reap the fruits of your labor.

This is obviously an exaggerated dichotomy, but hopefully the point is seen. Usually, the only people who get to enjoy the lavish lifestyle without the debt right away are the lucky anomalies who:
  • skip school to start their own business
  • get into a HOT field at the beginning, before schools realize what a moneymaker it could be :smuggrin:
  • marry a sugar momma/daddy

Fact is, one of the reasons why a pharmacist is a hot career choice right now (besides the supposedly guaranteed $100,000 salary right out of school) is that its largely a 40 hour-a-week job (for now, anyway).

It's a good job but it hasn't been a "hot" job since the early 2000's, and has significantly cooled off.

As for the 40 hours per week, I swear but the majority of pharmacist I know tend to work over 40, either because their in management or because they choose to pick up per-diem/part time shifts.

I guess there is always the need for a little extra money (school loans, mortgage, up coming wedding, kids in college, etc.)

It's a good job but it hasn't been a "hot" job since the early 2000's, and has significantly cooled off.

As for the 40 hours per week, I swear but the majority of pharmacist I know tend to work over 40, either because their in management or because they choose to pick up per-diem/part time shifts.

I guess there is always the need for a little extra money (school loans, mortgage, up coming wedding, kids in college, etc.)

Well, I meant 'hot' as in people still want to pursue it, not necessarily whether or not the prize at the end of the tunnel is worth the hype.

As to the 40 hours, you might be right, though again, a significant amount of people pursuing it (outside of SDN, anyway) still believe its all 9-5.

Last edited:
I don't think it is unreasonable to have my nice house, car and go on vacations. After all why am I working so hard for now if it isn't for a good future later on? I don't think that is asking for too much. I hope pre-pharmers will make good $$$ decisions now and look into other things (more lucrative things) to do if pharmacy turns out to be a total drag on their wallets (250K in loans). Good luck. :)

When you consider my last post, I did not factor in promotions or moving to senior positions (which should be expected over the course of 10 years). You should also remember that you can factor in your spouse's salary (if working) for mortgage, vacations, etc.

I want to end on this, although you may be too shortsighted to see ways to pay for pharmacy school debt, mortgage, car payments, etc and live comfortably, does not mean it is "impossible". I challenge you to do the impossible once a day and maybe you'll find a real limit instead of a theoretical one.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have my nice house, car and go on vacations.

You assume I mean infrequent vacations. Let me put it this way: If Vegas was my thing, I'd go there for the weekend... every weekend. It isn't, so I put up a beach. :D

That doesn't mean I'm going to drive a beater while I do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You assume I mean infrequent vacations. Let me put it this way: If Vegas was my thing, I'd go there for the weekend... every weekend. It isn't, so I put up a beach. :D

I'm guessing your definition of a beater is not equivalent to SHC's :smuggrin:

Okay so I just read this forum, and it makes sense to wonder about saturation in the current job market for pharmacy, but that saturation also depends on yourself. If your going into pharmacy school and not planning on building any affiliation with any companies, even though you plan on working retail then yes you might find it hard to find a job in your area. Saturation of job markets for new college grads is based off of there dedication & involvement. Its like this for any field.

The thing that I don't understand is, how is 120k in student loans alot of loans for job that starts on average in the 100's. So I did a bit of math to see if you guys had a point or not.

Scenario: New Grad: Retail Pharmacist: Full-Time:(40hours) hourly wage: 55.60

55.60/h
full time pharmacist is 2,200.00
after taxs (Around 880) 1300.00/week

55.60 is pretty low, and in that situation your gross salary is 115,000.00/yr without including benefits. Monthly net around 5200.00/month

So lets say you took out 200000.00 in student loan all averaging around 10% (6% federals/14% & lower private loans)

Your monthly payment would be around:
1817.00/25years
2643.00/10years
4249.00/5years

So lets go with the easy to deal with 1817.00 for 25 years that you can always consolidate/refinance later.

Net Income: 5200.00/month
- 1817.00/student loans
=3383/month

And of course you saved around 20% of your pay during your grace period which would be
6-7000.00 put away collecting some interest hopefully.

And you decide to max 401k at 15% with a 6% match (over 25 years)
336.00/week
+
match (130.00)
+ 25 years of average 401k investment trends of 5% return of 30,000
= total 401 value of 635,000 over 25 years (thats without factoring salary increases)

On top of that in your 25 years of paying student loans your net income has been 3000 dollars a month after loan payments and 401k contributions, and that goes without bonus or salary increase on top of other benefit values.

So in 25 years you have made:

After taxs 1,300,000.00 dollars
you've also contributed 605,000 401k
you've payed off 200,000 student loans at 10% which = 545,000.00
On top of that you payed 545,000 off in student loans so your credit score if smart is very high, and prestigious which on a 115,000/yr can allow you a credit value upto 15times your yearly salary.(1,750,000.00)

Net return on investment over 25 / years : 1,390,000 nearly 7 times the original loan value before interest, and almost 3 times the value including interest.

Gross return on investment over 25 /year: 2,675,000.00

So even if you were to take out 200,000 dollars in loans and never consolidate them you would still make out like a bandit. Its over a 50% return on investment. And it only took at most 6-7 years to gather the pharm d. degree. Sounds like one of the best investments one could make if interested in science and pharmacology.

Sure that's very reasonable. If you graduate without that insane amount of debt. That's my point here. If you graduate with little to no debt then absolutely.

So even if you were to take out 200,000 dollars in loans and never consolidate them you would still make out like a bandit. Its over a 50% return on investment. And it only took at most 6-7 years to gather the pharm d. degree. Sounds like one of the best investments one could make if interested in science and pharmacology.

You thought about this WAY too hard... J/K :laugh: It is nice to see it all put in number that are easy to understand.

Yeah I am obviously bored, sitting in the library waiting for my wife to finish up her class. :) Oh and if you cannot live on 3k net a month, that is very upsetting. Average household lives on 50k gross between two parties that means two people making 25k a year is the average.

So average 2 party house hold income is:

25,000/yr each
50,000/yr total gross
after taxs that would be give or take 30,000 a year net.
that means that the average american family lives on 526.00/week

Oh then you throw some kids in. On average for the first 6 months a child costs 145.00/m in fixed expenses. Then you have to factor rent, ill use my rent for example which is 998.00/month for a 1 bed room ><. Oh then grocerys for two and on a budget give or take is about 225.00/month. Utilities/water 150.00/month and gas for work for two o_O atleast 160.00/m.

Average household monthly net 2,300/m
-total monthly expenses : 1,672.00/month
Extra money? :-( 672.00/month

Next time you wonder if 200k is to much in student loans come back and read this :). Theres no vacations on 672.00 a month, maybe to a days inn in nobody cares wyoming off lake nobody knows the name of.

Pharmacy is a job. A job is something I do to make money to live on. Would I do it if I won the 250 million dollar lottery today? No, b/c I would no longer need that job to live on. Would I do it if the Cons outweigh the Pros? No, and if I took out 200K for that PharmD degree then my Cons would outweigh my Pros therefore I did not do that. Hell, if I took out more than 100K I think my cons outweigh my pros! Pharmacy is a job, it's something I have to do good in in order to make my money to do what I really want to do. I think that sentence sums it up pretty much. So no, I know exactly what I am getting myself into. Please do not talk down on people just because their expectations are different from yours. :rolleyes:

What is your defination of Pharmacy? And PLEASE DO NOT read me your corny PS for pharmacy school! :laugh:

You should really stick to finding that "closed door" pharmacy or mail order job. I guess I just don't see the point of going into a health care profession SOLELY for the money. Money is certainly an important factor for most of us but when I think of health care professionals, I think of people who actually care about what they are doing (helping patients). Perhaps I am too idealistic (or bleeding heart or whatever), but if you wanted a job for the money, don't you think you would have been better suited for some corporate job somewhere?

As for my definition of pharmacy, I have posted on this forum quite a bit about my feelings about the profession. Clearly, my reasons for pursuing pharmacy are different than yours and that's OK. However, I can't say I would be thrilled to walk into a pharmacy with my family to fill some scripts and see you behind the counter.

However, I can't say I would be thrilled to walk into a pharmacy with my family to fill some scripts and see you behind the counter.

Why? She's just going to hand you pills and tell you some brief points about the meds.

I'd rather my pharmacist just hand me my pills, answer my questions and let me go on my merry way. Who wants to chit chat when they're sick?

I have said this before and I'll say it again. The BEST pharmacists are the ones that don't make mistakes. If you are a pharmacist and you hardly ever make any mistakes then I want YOU as my pharmacist. I really do not care if you are the happy type, if you love money or hate it, if you are socially awkard or a party person, if you are helpful or not...etc etc. all that **** really do not matter. As long as you don't make any mistakes then you are the best.

Same goes the other way around..if you are clumsy and make a million mistakes a day...then you suck as a pharmacist, it doesn't matter how "helpful" or "happy" you are YOU SUCK.

The End.

Please do not define how good a pharmacist is by their personality. A good pharmacist is one that doesn't make any mistakes. That's it.

I agree with LazyM, I prefer people to just give me my drugs. I know how to find answers to my own questions I never really need anyone for that.

^And that attitude is why it might be possible for machines to replace us. If all that matters is right pills in the right bottle, we are replaceable.

I want to work with Doctors!!!! :D:D:D

^And that attitude is why it might be possible for machines to replace us. If all that matters is right pills in the right bottle, we are replaceable.

I was more talking about working as a clinicial pharmacist. Even as a retail pharmacist you aren't just putting pills in a bottle. You have to catch errors of physician's and you have to make sure there are NO drug-drug interactions or any interactions that could potentially kill a patient on their profile. etc. Putting pills in bottles are a tech's job.

I just want a pharmacist that can catch all the errors and never hurt any patients. That's the pharmacist that I strive to be. All that other crap do not matter. How "loving", "helpful", and "caring" you are is very subjective anyways.

I just want a pharmacist that can catch all the errors and never hurt any patients. That's the pharmacist that I strive to be. All that other crap do not matter. How "loving", "helpful", and "caring" you are is very subjective anyways.
I'd say, subjectively, that your "love," "helpfulness," and "caring" are somewhere between none and zero. It's not about a pharmacist chit-chatting when a patient picks up their meds. A pharmacist should be invested in their patients, and you don't strike me as someone who will have care one about her patient base.

But so be it. This forum allows us all to learn, and we know that when we compete for residencies or jobs, you're the other person interviewing. We each have different outlooks and concerns.

I would agree with owle, though... If you think a pharmacist who makes no mistakes is the ideal pharmacist, then I don't think it's farfetched to see retail pharmacists replaced by a Watson (or equivalent) and a technician to handle any problems that arise. Lexi can handle drug-drug interactions. By stressing that personality is unimportant, you've essentially removed the humanity from the job.

Without that humanity, you're a robot.

Beep beep.

Without that humanity, you're a robot.

I cannot come up with a reply that pulls together my agreement with this statement that also allows me to point out the hypocrisy/awesomeness inherent in a robot making that claim. I took a test about 30 mins ago though so I could just be tired.

I was more talking about working as a clinicial pharmacist. Even as a retail pharmacist you aren't just putting pills in a bottle. You have to catch errors of physician's and you have to make sure there are NO drug-drug interactions or any interactions that could potentially kill a patient on their profile. etc. Putting pills in bottles are a tech's job.

I am glad to see your definition of no errors is that broad. I agree that I want my families pharmacist to make no errors. Perhaps I took you statement out of context, is so I am sorry. I think we need to be more than just error-free, but I agree that pharmacist need to make as few errors as "we" can.

SHC, making no errors as a pharmacist is IMPLIED. If you make errors as a pharmacist, you won't be employed for very long. Therefore, if that is your qualification for a good pharmacist, you have very low requirements.

SHC, making no errors as a pharmacist is IMPLIED. If you make errors as a pharmacist, you won't be employed for very long. Therefore, if that is your qualification for a good pharmacist, you have very low requirements.

I've yet to meet a pharmacist who has never made an error. Except perhaps for some of my professors, but they don't count :smuggrin:

I've yet to meet a pharmacist who has never made an error. Except perhaps for some of my professors, but they don't count :smuggrin:

:laugh:

Is that sarcasm R2? I approve, yes I approve.

Zero errors is inhuman, even SHC will eventually make an error. Even the best 4.0 student will make an error at some point. The truth is, errors are made all too often. Except for b we are only human.

Heh ... You know what I mean with respect to errors. =) Errors can happen, but if you're chronically making mistakes, you probably won't keep your job long term. :)

If you follow the productivity curve outline from economics over the last 25 years it has stayed pretty straight for the pharmacy industry. As far a creating a right motion in productivity for pharmacy, business structures would more than likely replace a certain percent of work that a pharmacist does with something automated eventually. But in order for pharmacist to be deleted from the pharmacy it will take several laws and a couple of decades that I don't think anybody is to concerned about. If a retail chain was to use the basis of 1 pharmacist & 1 tech for there business operations & the rest be left to automated machines it would significantly cut the job outcome for pharmacist but thats not for like 30 years. That would take an entirely new franchise, business plan, structure & alot of growth in order to ever amount to something.

But what does it mean for Pharmacist jobs to become limited over the next couple of decades? It would create a better foundation for pharmacy jobs over the next sixty years, and pharmacy informatics would boom. And since alot of job cuts would arise at first, in the end pharmacy would end up becoming even more profitable for both the tech & the pharmacist because of the specialization in informatics that it would require to keep automation in business.

If pharmacy chooses to become a factory (running by machine), then that factory will always require a foreman ( pharmacist ), and a technician (CpHT).

So there is a pharmacist oversupply. I think most people who don't have some sort of bias can see this. But to what extent is this oversupply? Personally, for me, a salary of 75-80K wouldn't be worth it, due to the total cost of education, not to mention 4 years of school, in addition to 3-4 years of undergrad.

But let's say pharmacists salaries do drop because of the new schools opening, causing a surplus. Would specialization eliminate this problem? Say I wanted to specialize in nuclear pharmacy, or infectious disease. Is there an oversupply of specialized pharmacists, or just retail?

What's nuclear pharmacy?
Do they basically handle radioactive drugs or chemo drugs w/e they are?

Just because your specialized does not mean that you make more money, it just means your job entitles you to do something else other than the typical pharmacist job. On the other hand, being specialized and going threw your respected program after pharmacy school can increase the value of your degree over a long period.

FYI base salaries do not drop in a field really under any circumstances. Pay cuts refer mostly to people with currently inflated salaries.

Also stop worrying about saturation in pharmacy. Its not that bad, the whole world feels saturated in every employment field with a few exceptions such as nursing. Pharmacy outlook over the next twenty five years has a positive reflection compared to most fields. You should really take an econ course if your interested in job markets. With-in the next decade pharmacy will go through another evolution and grow. Informatics is still emerging in the health field and will continue to grow & play its part in the retail world, eventually both retail and government ran companies that use pharmacist will need more pharmacist to supply the new changes. Pharmacy will start to feel negative effects after the next couple of decades. Its only normal to expect increases & decreases throughout a professional workplace's outcome.

If you find yourself in the 75k-85k range than more then likely as a pharmacist you probably arn't working to many hours, or they are over working you on a very low salary. General pharmacist salaries starting last year of Pharmacy school start at 45.00USD/hour before graduation & license. Moderate salary after graduation is around 55.50/hour.

If you were working full time on 45.00/hour it would equate to - 93,600.00/Year (Gross)

55.50 Hour = 115,550.00 /year

Thats not including overtime or benefits. The cost of schooling compared to value of education as a Pharm D. is considerably higher than most of the degree market. Time of completion alone required for a pharm D. is remarkable for the salary benefits.

If you are wanting to go into pharmacy but worried about job outcomes, maybe you should consider a college with a dual program. I am currently thinking about that myself. I am planning on doing Pharm D. / MBA degree at shannondoah. If you would like a bit of diversity on the outlook of pharmacy this maybe an option for you. MBA allows you to accomplish alot outside of pharmacy as well as inside. Also, don't forget you have the option to finish your bachelor's before pharmacy school. Try to get something that is synergetic that you would enjoy maybe later on in life incase you got bored of being a pharmacist, like a teacher or something. Its always nice to have a back up plan. Its also always nice to have choices. Also if you complete most graduate programs that are dual with a masters program, it allows you to teach in the respected area. So Pharm D./ MBA would allow you to be a pharmacy school teacher, or you could even teach business. College professors at private colleges often make a pretty good living. Its also a great source of secondary income. And you always have the choice of finishing your pharm D. and continuing on to your Ph D. in whatever you want. A Pharm D. or any graduate program can really open the doors to more than just pharmacy. Go with what you want, don't worry so much about the economic status of a professional field, or the student loans. Do your research and make smart decisions.

Nuclear pharmacy is a pharmacy that deals with & ships radioactive drugs such as Isotope based drugs. They are considerably high demand for these drugs in cardio hospitals.

DnK, I think your post was sound with exception to two points:
- I have seen IHS pharmacist positions posted at pay grades in the $85,000 range, and I have anecdotal evidence to support. (This doesn't take into account things like loan repayment though, just raw paycheck dollars.)

- Nuclear pharmacy does pay more - it pays "comparable to retail" (see SpirivaSunrise's posts in the link) with zero customer interaction. Other jobs with no customer face time pay less. Also, if you dual degree law & pharmacy, you can make bank in patent law, but I don't think it qualifies as a "specialty," per se. However, your original point still stands - most pharmacy jobs are in a very similar pay range, regardless of specialty.

For those asking what nuclear pharmacy is, check out this link:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=555396

QUOTE=chemguy79;11527022]Where are your sources for teachers earning 80K a year or radiology technicians making similar incomes? herp derp, full of crap, herp derp.

I also live in NC, just outside of Wake County, I personally made 86k last year as a Computed Tomography technologist, working 40 hours a week on an off shift with a nice differential (so that I can complete my pharm pre-reqs full time during the week). 80k as a radiologic technologist is not a typical income, and certainly not entry level. You'll be lucky to make 50k just out of x-ray school with no training in advanced modalities.

I am in the process of applying to Pharm school this cycle. I have a very good income for what I do, but it's not what I want to do forever. I will have significant loans after Pharm school, not much boost in income, but it will be worth it because it's what I want to do with my life - it's where I've always wanted to be.

Last edited:
You legit want to be a pharmacist? I don't get the allure of the profession other than the $. The working conditions sound mostly terrible.

That's def 100% true for retail pharmacy. I am going to be nice and assume he means something OTHER than retail. Hospital/work at home mail order jobs are not THAT bad. It's not as good as many other jobs out there but it's doable at least.

I know how much things cost. I don't mind living in an apartment for the first 1-3 years but I don't think it is unreasonable for a person with a DOCTORATE to live in a house like this Price $699,999 or drive a car like that after getting a doctorate. :cool:

You must be living in fantasy land. Your "doctorate" is an ENTRY-LEVEL doctorate. It carries less weight than a real phD. Furthermore, your expectations of income as a Rph is ridiculously skewed.

The LACK of money in pharmacy is part of why I switched from pharmacy to dentistry... double the income AND more job satisfaction/variety/opportunities to help ppl

You must be living in fantasy land. Your "doctorate" is an ENTRY-LEVEL doctorate. It carries less weight than a real phD. Furthermore, your expectations of income as a Rph is ridiculously skewed.

The LACK of money in pharmacy is part of why I switched from pharmacy to dentistry... double the income AND more job satisfaction/variety/opportunities to help ppl

Go troll somewhere else... I dont know why you are hanging out with us lowly future pharmacists... :troll:

Heh ... There are people who actually like working in fast-paced environments where they can interact with people. *GASP*

...I guess they could skip the 6 yrs of education and start working at burger king then...

...I guess they could skip the 6 yrs of education and start working at burger king then...

Eh, some of us have been there, done that. Companies (not Burger King specifically!) used to take care of you if you worked your whole life there & you could work your way up the ladder to something pretty decent. That's no longer the case.

Why can't some of us like to work in a "fast-paced, self-directed, customer-facing environment" & still want to have a good living & income? It helps that pharmacists do something of consequence, rather than pushing papers from one side of the desk to the other or selling people things they don't need (well, at least not that much).

PS, just out of curiosity, why are you listed as Pre-Pharm?

Eh, some of us have been there, done that. Companies (not Burger King specifically!) used to take care of you if you worked your whole life there & you could work your way up the ladder to something pretty decent. That's no longer the case.

Why can't some of us like to work in a "fast-paced, self-directed, customer-facing environment" & still want to have a good living & income? It helps that pharmacists do something of consequence, rather than pushing papers from one side of the desk to the other or selling people things they don't need (well, at least not that much).

PS, just out of curiosity, why are you listed as Pre-Pharm?

Exactly. Posts such as the one by Lazy Mooch makes me wish that they would require a degree (or even work experience) prior to starting Pharmacy school. The perspective that some people have shown on these threads as pre-pharms and my personal favorite, SHC, is lacking, IMO.