Stats For Ut-houston Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss155

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am extremely interested in UT-Houston medical school and I was wondering if there are any students out there who have been accepted there or want to attend there. If this applies to you please could you give me some insight and advice about gaining admissions there or please say your accepted stats. Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am a Texas resident.

Members don't see this ad.

You can go to mdapplicants.com and select UT-Houston and it will give stats and brief profiles of several applicants/matriculants.

UT-Houston is in the top 55 or so rankings of usnews.com as well. You can find better aggregate statistics there.

Originally posted by Miss155
Hi

I am extremely interested in UT-Houston medical school and I was wondering if there are any students out there who have been accepted there or want to attend there. If this applies to you please could you give me some insight and advice about gaining admissions there or please say your accepted stats. Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am a Texas resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
the mdapplicant site is not a very good tool to guage the kinds of applicants they admit and interview. I have heard of people entering that school with a wide range of gpa's and MCAT's....

So I'd really like hearing other ppl's stats to this school as well.

I know of three people from my university who got in last year. One was like 3.9 and ~27+. The other was ~3.7 and ~30+. The other one I don't remember, but probably above average. Hope that helps. I think all three put it at #1 on the match even though I think they might have also interviewed at UTSW.

Be careful with averages. UTSA, UTMB and UTH are real big on URM's. The distributions are extremely bimodal. The averages for ORM's is considerably higher at all of these schools. Basically add about 3 MCAT points to those #'s if you are not a URM.

Originally posted by thackl
Be careful with averages. UTSA, UTMB and UTH are real big on URM's. The distributions are extremely bimodal. The averages for ORM's is considerably higher at all of these schools. Basically add about 3 MCAT points to those #'s if you are not a URM.

UTH still has one of the higher averages in the state behind UTSW and Baylor.

Hi

So if you are a URM then you have better chances of getting accepted to UT-Houston? Thanks.