You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UT Houston (McGovern)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the R
Thought at the beginning of the cycle this school UTMB and TTU lubbock would be the only schools I get an interview from and I didn't get one from any of them
Thought at the beginning of the cycle this school UTMB and TTU lubbock would be the only schools I get an interview from and I didn't get one from any of them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the R
Thought at the beginning of the cycle this school UTMB and TTU lubbock would be the only schools I get an interview from and I didn't get one from any of them
Sorry to hear that dude. Texas schools are tough to get into.
We know it’s coming at this point but it still kinda stings right?R today. Damn
pre II R
We know it’s coming at this point but it still kinda stings right?
Just demoralizing tbh. Constantly feeling like less of a person/applicant. It is what it is.
No worries but thank you not sweating itSorry to hear that dude. Texas schools are tough to get into.
J very interesting to see how the cycle panned out
Dr. Ruby 2023
Full Member
Pre-ii R. Sad panda. stuck in between sending the rest of my schools a "hey I'm still interested" and just not checking anything for a while.
Same here! At this point, I'm just gonna ignore my email and wait til match dayJust got the R
Thought at the beginning of the cycle this school UTMB and TTU lubbock would be the only schools I get an interview from and I didn't get one from any of them
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!
OOS pre-ii R 🙁
OOS pre-II R yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
imtiredofthisgrandpa
Full Member
For LOI do I just upload to portal and/or send an email to admissions committee with pdf attachment of letter?
There’s a submission for it on the portalFor LOI do I just upload to portal and/or send an email to admissions committee with pdf attachment of letter?
I used the title that was on the iiDoes anyone have advice on who to list as the recipient of a letter of intent? There are a number of associate/vice deans listed and the one who presented during my interview day is listed only as one of a couple of deans.
harry_potter138
Full Member
A prematch would be nice about now…wondering if they are doing a round before match day.
D
deleted1169665
I thought the word in this thread was that they already announced their last round last earlier this week/late last week. No clue tbhA prematch would be nice about now…wondering if they are doing a round before match day.
love_2_run
Full Member
No they didn’t announce their last roundI thought the word in this thread was that they already announced their last round last earlier this week/late last week. No clue tbh
Congrats. Are you IS or OOSHello everyone, not sure if this was part of a wave, but I received a prematch offer this morning at about 9 AM! I interviewed early December 🙂
I hope everyone else waiting to hear something back also has good news waiting for them!!!
Thank you! In state, and LM 74 I thinkCongrats. Are you IS or OOS
Via email or call?Hello everyone, not sure if this was part of a wave, but I received a prematch offer this morning at about 9 AM! I interviewed early December 🙂
I hope everyone else waiting to hear something back also has good news waiting for them!!!
Email!Via email or call?
harry_potter138
Full Member
McGovern is my top choice, but I feel like so many people I know and have talked to are ranking them #1. Even those who interviewed at Baylor, Long, etc. I don’t know if that’s just me or small sample but anyways I’m so nervous for match. Really wanna go here!!
From what I’ve seen, esp if Baylor is in the mix, McGovern has been ranked around #3. No need to worry though, I’m sure it’ll all work out for you!!McGovern is my top choice, but I feel like so many people I know and have talked to are ranking them #1. Even those who interviewed at Baylor, Long, etc. I don’t know if that’s just me or small sample but anyways I’m so nervous for match. Really wanna go here!!
A friend of mine Pre-matched this week. I think it was Thursday or Friday? No clue about his LM but he's really good at League of Legends so that may have been the X-Factor.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend of mine Pre-matched this week. I think it was Thursday or Friday? No clue about his LM but he's really good at League of Legends so that may have been the X-Factor.
Everytime McGovern sends an email about a panel, I always get a mini heart attack thinking it's a prematch. 🤣
Honestly…
biomannnn007
New Member
Deciding rankings right now and one question keeps coming up. Can anyone tell me if the MD/MBE program is actually worth doing? It looks like a cool program, but I don't want to spend an extra year + money for something that doesn't make much difference in the long run. Could see it being useful for a bunch of tech-adjacent medical field work but no one in my circles really has a clear answer.
I can definitely see it setting you apart for residency interviews. A lot of Dell students get an MBA during their third year and their match list is pretty impressive. If you are planning on starting your own clinical practice or understanding more about how hospitals run as businesses, I'd recommend, but other than that, it might not be useful imoDeciding rankings right now and one question keeps coming up. Can anyone tell me if the MD/MBE program is actually worth doing? It looks like a cool program, but I don't want to spend an extra year + money for something that doesn't make much difference in the long run. Could see it being useful for a bunch of tech-adjacent medical field work but no one in my circles really has a clear answer.
D
deleted931444
Did anyone attend the faculty panel last night and is willing to share how it went? I attended every single session they put out before, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend last night. Thank you!
Sorry if this has been asked already but I am an OOS and have not prematched. Does anybody know if I can email to get on the housing waitlist yet?
you have to be able to send an offer letterSorry if this has been asked already but I am an OOS and have not prematched. Does anybody know if I can email to get on the housing waitlist yet?
love_2_run
Full Member
You have to be accepted unfortunately. Apparently it requires you to show proof of acceptance before getting on the waitlist. 🙁Sorry if this has been asked already but I am an OOS and have not prematched. Does anybody know if I can email to get on the housing waitlist yet?
Any OOS current students know when they heard back from McGovern? Do we hear back on match day as well? or do we keep endlessly waiting?
Idk. They have like a 20% post-II OOS acceptance rate, and based on the information that I have gathered, they are only going to accept applicants that they genuinely think are going to go there. If you loveee McGovern, a letter of intent might help in this regardAny OOS current students know when they heard back from McGovern? Do we hear back on match day as well? or do we keep endlessly waiting?
still waiting too! I hope we hear something soon🙁Any OOS current students know when they heard back from McGovern? Do we hear back on match day as well? or do we keep endlessly waiting?
praying OOS students hear tomorrow too
Last year there was nobody on SDN that got accepted on match day. It looks like they did send out something though because there were a whole bunch of OOS waitlists that went out on match day.praying OOS students hear tomorrow too
Confused by this? People got WL basically?Last year there was nobody on SDN that got accepted on match day. It looks like they did send out something though because there were a whole bunch of OOS waitlists that went out on match day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I knew someone on SDN who matched last year on match day. They may not have posted because they were aiming higher.Last year there was nobody on SDN that got accepted on match day. It looks like they did send out something though because there were a whole bunch of OOS waitlists that went out on match day.
Got an email saying transcripts required.. hoping it’s a spoiler alert for McGovern
rachel87819
New Member
Did you check on tmdsas or did they email you?MATCHED!!!