Status Page for Illinois: Not offered interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamComeTrue09

Second time the charm?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How harsh:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

O-No! They didnt. That is harsh, at least they could have sent you an email first. Im so sorry Dreamcometrue....were they your only application?

I know! I applied to 13 schools so 12 more to go ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
13? :eek:

I can't imagine what your application fees were! Mine were approaching the 'astronomical' mark with 5 lol.

Gaaaaa-aahhh, 13? I'm imagining doing all the supp. apps... aaaaand I just had a small heart attack.

Yeah. However, I know at least 5 premeds that applied to 20+ schools... one that applied to 30!!!! Can you imagine? :eek:

Dream... sorry! hope you hear good news soon.

Aww, no! Dreams, I'm glad that you're positive about it! 12 more to go, you're bound to get in somewhere! :D

I'm surprised that Illinois is notifying people already. I just checked my status page now, and it still says "pending application review." I guess I'll have to wait and see... :scared:

Hey, hold on there.

This happened last year, with me. They hadn't calculated my gpa correctly and they had a class I withdrew and retook as an F. :eek: I was told to wait a few days for them to sort it out. Man, those were a couple devastating days. The pending thing eventually came back up, and I got an interview.
Sometimes when the gpa's are calculated or (other information like the GRE is put in) it comes out incorrectly. I would contact Karen Eichelberger, or anyone else in admissions, before you throw in the towel.

What would you say exactly in that situation Truth? I mean, do you say, "I didn't get an interview and I'd like to know why?" I feel like they would just tell you that you need to make an appointment in the spring to review your application.

Just curious in case I need to to do this sometime in the future.

No, I mean the OP has to call sometime this week to say, "I think there may be a problem." That's what I did, last year. Have them look at the file. If there is a problem that can be pointed out, then it can be fixed.

Offers don't usually go out this early. Usually in Late Dec/early Jan. There is still time to fix a problem with how they looked at the application. When you get into December, then that may be a legitimate not offered interview.

I applied to a lot of schools too and it all worked out in the end (though my wallet was a lot lighter)! Best of luck!

HopefulAg: My applic fees were ridiculous!! Just think every fee was multiplied by 13! The vmca fee, supplemental fees, and gre request fees!!Ahh!! I haven't added up all I've spent, I'd rather not know :rolleyes: However, I'm glad I applied to all 13 and I'd be happy to be accepted to any really. I learned from a mistake I made last year. As a CT resident, I don't have an In-state vet school, so as an OOS applicant, I'm competing with OOS students for what 10 spots, if that?! Western accepts 100 students IS or OOS doesn't matter. Kansas was probably the best choice considering they accept up to 40 OOS. I applied to only 3 schools last year, Cornell, Penn, & Missouri and was rejected from all. I had to wait a whole year to apply again! That's why I applied to 13 schools this time. I'd hate to wait another year so it's well worth the money. :D

Truth74: Thankyou for posting! Im gonna check into that! I'm sorry that happened to you.

*Thanks to everyone who posted, everyone is so nice here and supportive:)

Well when you do add it all up just mark it down as an "investment". Kind of like student fees.