You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gmiranda164
Full Member
OOS Acceptance [emoji92][emoji92]
pradthngam
Full Member
OOS Acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futurevetH02
Full Member
OOS Acceptance!
eleanor713
Full Member
OOS acceptance
crudalfish
New Member
Same here IS, no email either way
Okay that makes me feel better 😅 I'm so scared!Same here IS, no email either way
finnderella
Full Member
OOS Acceptance!
OOS acceptance, probably gonna be declining for my IS though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crudalfish
New Member
IS ACCEPTANCE!!!
orangecats
New Member
IS acceptance!!!!
IS alternate. Congrats to those accepted!
PetVet0122
New Member
Did anyone else get an accidental acceptance email followed up 30 mins later with an apology? 😐
Did anyone else get an accidental acceptance email followed up 30 mins later with an apology? [emoji52]
A few friends of the first years have been hearing this has happened to a few people
cutiepie23
New Member
I got an email saying I was accepted, then one later on saying I was waitlisted. That’s cruel. And it was my last option. I feel so defeated, discouraged, I just don’t know what to do anymore.
ohnaurcleo
Full Member
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! I’ve literally been crying for over an hour, I can’t wait to meet everyone EEEEKKK AHHHH!!!!
spookyoctopus
Full Member
OOS accepted! I am genuinely so surprised, that was the WORST interview I've ever had lol. I will be declining this seat, good luck to those on the WL!
futuredogtor-2028
New Member
OOS acceptance!! So excited for everyone!
OOS acceptance! This was my last decision of the cycle!
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
OOS acceptance! This was my last decision of the cycle!
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!
Normal curriculum classes like anatomy/physiology are normal grade scale, electives are pass/fail!
There are some electives that are P/F. But lots are graded on letters. Classes are graded on letters with no +/- (80-90% = B)OOS acceptance! This was my last decision of the cycle!
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To add, you get a single grade for the core courses per quarter, unless it has changed since I graduated. So anatomy, physiology, imaging, histology were all one grade.OOS acceptance! This was my last decision of the cycle!
Does anyone know if Illinois is on a pass/fail curriculum or if it is regular ABCDF? Thanks in advance! Congrats everyone!!!
To add, you get a single grade for the core courses per quarter, unless it has changed since I graduated. So anatomy, physiology, imaging, histology were all one grade.
Can confirm it’s still like this
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!! Sending hugs and good vibes to everyone on the waitlist. I was on the waitlist both cycles I applied and received the phone call pulling me from it 1 week after the acceptance deadline while I was at work. If they’re doing file reviews this year, definitely see about getting one set up to prepare yourself if you need to apply next cycle
ajacks1206
New Member
Hey everyone! I’m OOS accepted from NC state! Congrats to all those accepted! Does anyone know of any pages (like on Instagram, etc.) that can help with getting to know other admitted students? I literally don’t know a soul going to Illinois but would love the opportunity to meet others and possibly find a roommate(s)! Please reach out if interested/ you know anything!!
Past years had class facebook pages; my class is still relatively active with posting cases. May just need some time for someone to get it set up because it's generally someone like the class president from the class above that sets it up.Hey everyone! I’m OOS accepted from NC state! Congrats to all those accepted! Does anyone know of any pages (like on Instagram, etc.) that can help with getting to know other admitted students? I literally don’t know a soul going to Illinois but would love the opportunity to meet others and possibly find a roommate(s)! Please reach out if interested/ you know anything!!
Hey everyone! I’m OOS accepted from NC state! Congrats to all those accepted! Does anyone know of any pages (like on Instagram, etc.) that can help with getting to know other admitted students? I literally don’t know a soul going to Illinois but would love the opportunity to meet others and possibly find a roommate(s)! Please reach out if interested/ you know anything!!
Here is a Facebook group some of vet med uses for roommates
Log into Facebook
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
If you look up vet med free and for sale this group also has some housing information in it as well!
SAVMA will send something to accepted students about a Facebook group for your class but here is a great start to find roommates and housing suggestions.
eleanor713
Full Member
Declining my OOS seat as well! Best of luck to everyone and my dearest condolences to those affected by the email issue! I can’t even imagine what that must feel like🩵
Unless they’ve changed things recently, nope! I even wore Mickey Mouse scrub tops during 4th year from time to time. I think they did have a specific color for coveralls that they started more recently than my 1st year (so it didn’t apply to my class) but scrubs are whatever you want as long as there’s no company logos (like vet clinics, frontline, heartgard, etc. scrub brand logos are fine) on them. Logo kind are likely fine for anatomy lab though, since you’re wearing pretty much whatever you want and don’t even *have* to wear scrubs (though I def recommend it because my scrubs always smelled like formaldehyde afterwards).do our scrubs have to be a certain color?
thank you!!!Unless they’ve changed things recently, nope! I even wore Mickey Mouse scrub tops during 4th year from time to time. I think they did have a specific color for coveralls that they started more recently than my 1st year (so it didn’t apply to my class) but scrubs are whatever you want as long as there’s no company logos (like vet clinics, frontline, heartgard, etc. scrub brand logos are fine) on them. Logo kind are likely fine for anatomy lab though, since you’re wearing pretty much whatever you want and don’t even *have* to wear scrubs (though I def recommend it because my scrubs always smelled like formaldehyde afterwards).
Once the savma supply list is available on the admitted students page of the website it should say if there are any specific requirements for things like coverall colorthank you!!!
vetgurl2024
New Member
Does anyone know if I can eventually become an instate student at University of Illinois veterinary school?
It's extremely difficult for single people. You essentially have to make the difference between IS and OOS tuition as income to be able to qualify. So people with working spouses can get it done by second year. Since it's likely they will make more than. 25k/year.Does anyone know if I can eventually become an instate student at University of Illinois veterinary school?
However, I only know of one person who was single who did it. She bought and built up a horse stable out in St. Joe's, which is a smaller area around Champaign. She became IS at the beginning of second semester her second year.
To get the most accurate information you should contact the registrar. It is not easy at all to get in-state at Illinois. During my Undergrad I did get in-state my 3rd-5th years, but I also married an Illinois resident and had bought a house giving me strong ties to the community. But again that was during Undergrad.Does anyone know if I can eventually become an instate student at University of Illinois veterinary school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I'm a former vet student who is desperately trying to sublease/mutually terminate my apartment at "The Village at Colbert Park". For those of you who are incoming vet students, a lot of other vet students live here with their classmates. The unit that I'm subleasing currently has 3 vet students and is a 4-bedroom/4.5-bathroom apartment. It is pet friendly with a $490 monthly rent (not including utilities) with a lease that ends in July of 2025.
If you're interested, please direct message me. I've been trying to sublease this unit for the past few months without success after I had to withdraw from the DVM program due to unforeseen circumstances. Thank you.
If you're interested, please direct message me. I've been trying to sublease this unit for the past few months without success after I had to withdraw from the DVM program due to unforeseen circumstances. Thank you.
triplet123
New Member
Any recommendations on housing for this upcoming year? I have looked at The Pointe and The Village. Thank you in advance!
I honestly enjoyed Hessel on the Park the most. The Village was my worst experience.Any recommendations on housing for this upcoming year? I have looked at The Pointe and The Village. Thank you in advance!
alysedunnwald
New Member
Just declined my out of state seat this morning. Hoping someone receives good news!