You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
spookyoctopus
Full Member
how fast? how did it go, generally?The interview went by so fast, I hope I did well. I am so nervous!
orangecats
New Member
It was helpful! Just contained general info on the school, and there was plenty of time for people to ask questions. It was roughly an hour long.For those who went to the info session this morning was it helpful? How long was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orangecats
New Member
Mine was 15 minutes long. I think mine went ok, the people who interviewed me were really friendly.how fast? how did it go, generally?
Mine was 10 minutes and I asked questions for 5 minutes. It went by faster than I would've liked but I agree with @orangecats that the people who interviewed me were so nice! I got some positive feedback at the end of the interview as well which was great. Still nervous regardless, and I can't wait to hear back it's killing me!!!how fast? how did it go, generally?
finnderella
Full Member
mine was so fast, i was so worried that I botched it. glad to see everyone's was about the same length!
10-15 for interview, 5 ish for questions
10-15 for interview, 5 ish for questions
eleanor713
Full Member
That’s how mine was too!mine was so fast, i was so worried that I botched it. glad to see everyone's was about the same length!
10-15 for interview, 5 ish for questions
futurevetH02
Full Member
Yeah mine was about 10 min long plus 5 for questions. My interviewers gave me no reaction on anything, just stayed completely neutral and only spoke to say the question, it was really nerve wracking I don't think I did very well
cheerios_lover
New Member
when they asked if I had questions it was like ~2:11 pm, once I finished it was about ~2:18. Definitely one of the fastest interviews I have hadhow fast? how did it go, generally?
spookyoctopus
Full Member
Yeah that was... my least favorite interview by FAR. not personable at all and so rushed/no feedback/did not sell me on their school at all. Wondering if the fact I'm probably one of the last interview spots for the day played a role and they were just tired of doing them
futurevetH02
Full Member
Mine was the same and very early in the day. Probably just had to get through so many people they were trying to keep it on time and to the point I'd assume and not personal!Yeah that was... my least favorite interview by FAR. not personable at all and so rushed/no feedback/did not sell me on their school at all. Wondering if the fact I'm probably one of the last interview spots for the day played a role and they were just tired of doing them
spookyoctopus
Full Member
well that's good to hear! Idk, they just did not do a good job selling their school to me, neither of them smiled during the whole interview 😂Mine was the same and very early in the day. Probably just had to get through so many people they were trying to keep it on time and to the point I'd assume and not personal!
futurevetH02
Full Member
I'm thinking we had the same two people... hahawell that's good to hear! Idk, they just did not do a good job selling their school to me, neither of them smiled during the whole interview 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eleanor713
Full Member
Exactly the same reaction. Mine was 9:40CT so definitely not just being the end of the day. Honestly nothing today sold me on the school😅Yeah that was... my least favorite interview by FAR. not personable at all and so rushed/no feedback/did not sell me on their school at all. Wondering if the fact I'm probably one of the last interview spots for the day played a role and they were just tired of doing them
spookyoctopus
Full Member
that makes it even more sad😂 I will definitely not be attending there regardless of the outcome, I'm also not really vibing with their curriculum.Exactly the same reaction. Mine was 9:40CT so definitely not just being the end of the day. Honestly nothing today sold me on the school😅
This is what they’re told to do, so do not think that this reaction means you did poorly!!My interviewers gave me no reaction on anything, just stayed completely neutral and only spoke to say the question
Yeah mine was about 10 min long plus 5 for questions. My interviewers gave me no reaction on anything, just stayed completely neutral and only spoke to say the question, it was really nerve wracking I don't think I did very well
Same here! No hardly any reaction lol
futurevetH02
Full Member
oh interesting, that makes me feel a bit better, thank you!This is what they’re told to do, so do not think that this reaction means you did poorly!!
When I asked my interviewers specific questions about the college they spoke very passionately about it and it was wonderful seeing their eyes light up talking about the college. You might've gotten unlucky with your interviewers but mine really enjoyed describing their experiences at the school. Otherwise they were neutral, like others said to avoid bias. This was my only interview though so maybe I would've felt similarly if I had a more conversational interview with another programYeah that was... my least favorite interview by FAR. not personable at all and so rushed/no feedback/did not sell me on their school at all. Wondering if the fact I'm probably one of the last interview spots for the day played a role and they were just tired of doing them
futurevetH02
Full Member
Does anyone know how many OOS Illinois interviews?
Does anyone know how many OOS Illinois interviews?
I have no idea about this year. When I did some napkin math using last years numbers the chance of being accepted OOS after the interview was about 33%.
During the info session I believe they also said you're either accepted or waitlisted if you've gotten an interview. They said last year they actually exhausted their OOS waitlist so they've invited more OOS candidates to interview this year. They said they don't share exact waitlist positions when decisions come out but that there's normally substantial movement. I can share more notes from the info session if you want (there were some technical issues so I didn't catch it all).Does anyone know how many OOS Illinois interviews?
They said within 10 days ideally, so possibly less than 10 days but be prepared to wait the whole lengthDid they say when we were going to hear back during the info session? I don't remember. The website says end of Feb and I know past years was 10 days after interview day. Just curious if we'll hear by the 29th or if we'll hear earlier
Did they say when we were going to hear back during the info session? I don't remember. The website says end of Feb and I know past years was 10 days after interview day. Just curious if we'll hear by the 29th or if we'll hear earlier
Sometime between the upcoming Monday and Wednesday
Last question 😅 does anyone know what Dr. Foreman meant when he said they’re sending acceptances out through VMCAS and emails after you accept your seat? Does that just mean we’ll get an email from VMCAS? I should’ve asked during the session but I didn’t realize until now
It will be emailed to the email associated with your VMCASLast question 😅 does anyone know what Dr. Foreman meant when he said they’re sending acceptances out through VMCAS and emails after you accept your seat? Does that just mean we’ll get an email from VMCAS? I should’ve asked during the session but I didn’t realize until now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two quick questions: 1. Did Dr. Foreman say to email admissions our thank you messages post-interview? I thought that is what I heard, but the connection was spotty. 2. Is there a GroupMe for interviewees yet (since we are all on the waitlist or will be accepted)?
Makes sense! Thanks!It will be emailed to the email associated with your VMCAS
I'm also wondering thisTwo quick questions: 1. Did Dr. Foreman say to email admissions our thank you messages post-interview? I thought that is what I heard, but the connection was spotty. 2. Is there a GroupMe for interviewees yet (since we are all on the waitlist or will be accepted)?
You get 20% at the vth for your own animals but many people still go to some of the GPs in town (when it’s not something that needs a specialist) since some will still give vet students a discount.Do vet students get a discount on health care for their pets at the teaching hospital? I want to bring my in-law's obese cats with me to get them healthy but I'm anticipating they will have health issues down the line.
Good to know! ThanksYou get 20% at the vth for your own animals but many people still go to some of the GPs in town (when it’s not something that needs a specialist) since some will still give vet students a discount.
I currently work at a clinic near campus and we usually give vet students a pretty decent discountDo vet students get a discount on health care for their pets at the teaching hospital? I want to bring my in-law's obese cats with me to get them healthy but I'm anticipating they will have health issues down the line.
gmiranda164
Full Member
hoping we hear on monday [emoji1694][emoji1694] was this any of your guys last interview for this cycle ?
futurevetH02
Full Member
Yup, my last interview! The cycle went so fast!hoping we hear on monday [emoji1694][emoji1694] was this any of your guys last interview for this cycle ?
futurevetH02
Full Member
I believe he said a week to ten days at the max so I think it'll be wednesday at the latest
Also upon looking into the GP discount thing, I found this website with a list of businesses with discounts for UofI students! Urbana-Champaign Area Discounts - i-card Perks
ohnaurcleo
Full Member
Do y'all think today is the day? I really hope so I can’t wait any longer 😭
futurevetH02
Full Member
Hopefully! In the info session he made it sound like the process is relatively quick once they scored all the interviewsDo y'all think today is the day? I really hope so I can’t wait any longer 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gmiranda164
Full Member
Hopefully! In the info session he made it sound like the process is relatively quick once they scored all the interviews
that’s what i think too [emoji1694][emoji1694]
futurevetH02
Full Member
I keep getting random emails and its making me jump every time lol
Same lolI keep getting random emails and its making me jump every time lol
futurevetH02
Full Member
Anyone know what time they sent last year?
Anyone know what time they sent last year?
We got the email around 5 pm last year