You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gmiranda164
Full Member
I have classes all day, would someone be able to summarize any key points from the virtual visit day today? Especially the meeting with financial aid?
she said financial aid packages should be out by late april/early may. however dr.foreman said he is going to speak for them into trying to get it out by april 15th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i emailed them last week and they said the meeting should've been recorded and they will send an email with a link to it in a couple weeks. i had 3 hours of presentations literally 10-1:00 that i had to watch so i missed the entire thingI have classes all day, would someone be able to summarize any key points from the virtual visit day today? Especially the meeting with financial aid?
also if you go on studentaid.gov you can see the loans they give for tuition. the COL loans aren't posted yet tho
I can't speak for what rent is like, but I have friends at Hessel on the Park and at Stoneridge Square who both live alone and like their places, in case you hadn't checked those out yetalso i'm going to visit next friday and have viewings for 3 apartments through green st realty and have been seeing such horrible stuff about them online 😭 but they're pretty much my only option because i want to live alone
also i'm going to visit next friday and have viewings for 3 apartments through green st realty and have been seeing such horrible stuff about them online [emoji24] but they're pretty much my only option because i want to live alone
The village at Colbert park also has a bunch of singles left. A bunch of 1st years live there now. Pacifica on green isn’t bad if you want to live on green
gmiranda164
Full Member
anybody heard things about onyx?
thanks! i just checked them out and they don't have any singles left.I can't speak for what rent is like, but I have friends at Hessel on the Park and at Stoneridge Square who both live alone and like their places, in case you hadn't checked those out yet
this place seems promising. i'll probably book a showing after i see the green st places. i also feel like all landlords are bad to some extent and there's always going to be people with renting horror stories so i'm trying not to worry about it too much. thanks!!The village at Colbert park also has a bunch of singles left. A bunch of 1st years live there now. Pacifica on green isn’t bad if you want to live on green
Are you a member of the Illinois free and for sale Facebook page? There are a few landlords that have been renting to exclusively to vet students for a long time and have a good reputation.thanks! i just checked them out and they don't have any singles left.
this place seems promising. i'll probably book a showing after i see the green st places. i also feel like all landlords are bad to some extent and there's always going to be people with renting horror stories so i'm trying not to worry about it too much. thanks!!
yes i am but i've only seen posts about subleasing so far. i'll look into it and keep an eye out as summer approaches! thanks!Are you a member of the Illinois free and for sale Facebook page? There are a few landlords that have been renting to exclusively to vet students for a long time and have a good reputation.
There should be somewhere around 150 seniors that may have recommendations too!yes i am but i've only seen posts about subleasing so far. i'll look into it and keep an eye out as summer approaches! thanks!
PastelEl42
Full Member
I’ve declined my OOS spot as well! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!
futuredogtor-2028
New Member
can anyone speak for how roommate matching has worked for them in the past? i've only ever lived with my best friend so i'm a little worried about trusting an apartment to do roommate matching lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Turned out sub optimal once for me, then well the next two times. But the first time, I was houses with undergrads and the second and third with graduate/professional students.can anyone speak for how roommate matching has worked for them in the past? i've only ever lived with my best friend so i'm a little worried about trusting an apartment to do roommate matching lol
I know some people in the class of 2027 that got matched with all undergrads, which has not been great. I think the best way to find roommates is to join the class of 2028 fb page (when it’s created) and find people on there. That is how I found my roommates and it has worked out great!can anyone speak for how roommate matching has worked for them in the past? i've only ever lived with my best friend so i'm a little worried about trusting an apartment to do roommate matching lol
I know some people in the class of 2027 that got matched with all undergrads, which has not been great. I think the best way to find roommates is to join the class of 2028 fb page (when it’s created) and find people on there. That is how I found my roommates and it has worked out great!
This fb page is definitely the best place to look! Its name is University of Illinois CVM class of 2028. I found my current roommates through my class’s one and it worked out very well. You can request to join the FB now but they aren’t letting anyone in until April 16th (after the acceptance deadline)
I’m a current first year and I highly recommend the vet med roommate finder fb page as well! People from my class have been posting looking for roommates as theres always changes between years 🙂
facebook.com
Log into Facebook
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
PetVet0122
New Member
Anyone else on the waitlist getting emails about important dates and orientation?
Yes, I got one this morning. Definitely got me excited for a moment there, though I know it’s too early for them to start pulling from the waitlist.Anyone else on the waitlist getting emails about important dates and orientation?
Just declined my OOS, good luck everyone!!!
They called my friend directly when she was pulled in 2017
Do you happen to know/remember if she received an email as well?They called my friend directly when she was pulled in 2017
tillycat421
Full Member
I received an acceptance call followed by an email earlier today
juliablt01
New Member
Are you in state?I received an acceptance call followed by an email earlier today
tillycat421
Full Member
I am OOS, but had declined the spot for my instateAre you in state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A lot of my class likes the grey townhouses in the south side of Savoy. I'm completely blanking on the name though 🤦🏼♀️so i saw those green street apartments and they were as horrible as i was worried they'd be 😅 looking for places in savoy now since that's what a lot of people are recommending and it seems promising
I never rented through Green Street, but I haven't ever heard anything good about them. Campus Property Managment also has a lot of properties around town. Again never rented but I've been in a few for pet sitting and they're quite nice in some areas.so i saw those green street apartments and they were as horrible as i was worried they'd be 😅 looking for places in savoy now since that's what a lot of people are recommending and it seems promising
Mackenzie_kinz
New Member
Hello Everyone! The Unofficial CO 2028 Page is now live! It is run by leadership in CO 27 and there to answer any questions you may have!
The link is below!
You can also look it up on Facebook : University of Illinois CVM Class of 2028 UNOFFICIAL
www.facebook.com
The link is below!
You can also look it up on Facebook : University of Illinois CVM Class of 2028 UNOFFICIAL
Log into Facebook
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
Girl you were at The Place 😂 the village is where sporty livedI honestly enjoyed Hessel on the Park the most. The Village was my worst experience.
They called my friend directly when she was pulled in 2017
They also called me directly in 2018 when I was accepted. I was able to answer the phone but I know that they emailed me after but I don’t know if they would have or not had I not answered and told them on the phone I was accepting my spot 😂Do you happen to know/remember if she received an email as well?
Doesn’t hurt to try and call the number back and see if it was the CVM, but I’d hope they would at least leave a vm asking for a call back or email you if you didn’t answer
The village was where sporty lived and the courtyards was across the street from it. Courtyards was ones that were owned by separate management companies and some were owned by individuals who lived there (vs the whole complex being owned by one company like the village)A lot of my class likes the grey townhouses in the south side of Savoy. I'm completely blanking on the name though 🤦🏼♀️
congrats!IS waitlist acceptance!! Good luck to everyone still waiting 🧡💙
coffeepanderz19
New Member
OOS waitlist accepted!
Hello all and congrats! I am currently enrolled in the Certificate program at Illinois and was wondering if anyone on here did that program as well and found it successful for getting in?
Hi! I work for the college and would be happy to connect you with some of our past students or instructors, so you have a better idea of what to expect. Just shoot me an email: [email protected]Hello all and congrats! I am currently enrolled in the Certificate program at Illinois and was wondering if anyone on here did that program as well and found it successful for getting in?
Hi all! Congratulations on your acceptance and next step in your journey at the Illinois College of Vetmed! We're so excited you'll be joining us!
Dr. Foreman sent an email with an invitation for Class of 2028 accepted students for the "Veterinary Student Bridge Program".
Here's the invitation with more information: Welcome Class of 2028!
And the website: Veterinary Student Bridge Program - Online Programs and Extension
Reach out to the Online Programs and Extension office if you have any questions!
We're excited to meet you all! Congratulations on the extraordinary accomplishment of being admitted to the veterinary school!
Dr. Foreman sent an email with an invitation for Class of 2028 accepted students for the "Veterinary Student Bridge Program".
Here's the invitation with more information: Welcome Class of 2028!
And the website: Veterinary Student Bridge Program - Online Programs and Extension
Reach out to the Online Programs and Extension office if you have any questions!
We're excited to meet you all! Congratulations on the extraordinary accomplishment of being admitted to the veterinary school!
I mean, it wouldn't hurt to ask. But at this point, you're likely SOL.hi i just wanted to ask if anyone had the same situation. i got rejected from illinois 1/19, but i just found an email for an interview offer from them 2/8 lol?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
idk what SOL means, but i got accepted to my in-state school so idrc, but it was just confusing lolI mean, it wouldn't hurt to ask. But at this point, you're likely SOL.
**** outta luckidk what SOL means, but i got accepted to my in-state school so idrc, but it was just confusing lol
I now hope in 20 or 25 years when I say LOL, a youngster says, "I don't know what LOL means." It would be the perfect full circle moment for me.
Then I don't really get why you posted 🤷🏼♀️idrc
B.wayne123
New Member
I don’t know you, but I’m not sure telling someone they’re s*** out of luck when asking a question is the best way to go about things. It’s a tad snobbish. You may have been being facetious but that’s hard to interpret through messaging and forums. I would hate for you to get called out later down the line for weird comments/behavior like that. From one future veterinarian to another (or current veterinarian). No hard feelings, simply an observation.I mean, it wouldn't hurt to ask. But at this point, you're likely SOL.
Last edited:
Current veterinarian.I don’t know you, but I’m not sure telling someone they’re s*** out of luck when asking a question is the best way to go about things. It’s a tad snobbish. You may have been being facetious but that’s hard to interpret through messaging. I would hate for you to get called out later down the line for weird comments/behavior like that. From one future veterinarian to another. No hard feelings, simply an observation.
Seeing as the email was sent on February 8 after a rejection January 19, and the email wasn't found until May 9ish, SOL is a pretty apt description seeing as signing day was April 15 if the OP's intent was to try to get into Illinois at this point.
No intent on being snobby, and agree that intent is hard to read over just text content. I don't beat around the bush. Hence why a lot of us long timers on this website recommend inferring best intent when reading people's responses. Giving the benefit of the doubt is the only way social media is worthwhile any more.