Step 2 CS January 2020 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RHL ONE

CLASS OF 2020!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on January 29th 2020? 7.5 weeks is a long time especially when you made dumb mistakes on the exam and you begin doubting if you truly passed or not. This wait is a killer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What time is the email stating your score is coming out sent? And what time does your score actually come out? Biting my nails now...

Members don't see this ad :)
What time is the email stating your score is coming out sent? And what time does your score actually come out? Biting my nails now...

I got an email from the dean around 9:30 AM that I passed. I was so not prepared for it and almost choked when I received the notice from the dean office. My official status did not come out until later. So, if you really want to know, just call your dean office to check them out. I was so scared to call them since it would be an awkward conversation if I failed.

Don't want to hear my crying inconsolably and speaking in tongue.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email from the dean around 9:30 AM that I passed. I was so not prepared for it and almost choked when I received the notice from the dean office. My official status did not come out until later. So, if you really want to know, just call your dean office to check them out. I was so scared to call them since it would be an awkward conversation if I failed.

Don't want to hear my crying inconsolably and speaking in tongue.
Thanks! I'm a little reluctant to call my Deans Office for the same reason you mentioned... I guess I'll be waiting until 11 am or so!

Good luck to ya'll tmrw. So happy I got scores last week because I would not be able to handle waiting another week for this shiz. It is ridiculous we don't all get scores at the same time.

Hi Guys! I ve had my result last week after nearly 3 months suffering ! IMG here first attempt ,I took it in Philly (Nov 15 2019 , get score back jan 29) Thanks to God I PASSED ! I traveled a long distance with almost no rest , I took exam and finally it went well and I am so happy!Step 1 244 Step2ck 251 Step 2cs pass first attempt . I wish all you good luck ,This exam is really a monster

Anyone know if the permit thing is 100%?? Like if it's still there, we're for sure not gonna get ours tomorrow? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Anyone know if the permit thing is 100%?? Like if it's still there, we're for sure not gonna get ours tomorrow? Thanks in advance!

Yes. Check tomorrow as well...but print permit should disappear sometime the Sunday or sometimes Monday of your score release. I haven't heard of someone's disappearing Tues or the day of, but you never know? Either way, it should disappear and that will indicate you will get your score (not whether you passed or failed).

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too!!!! FWIW, I can confirm that the FCVS trick does NOT work for AMGs. It is still not updated for me. There's a blank space next to: Pass/Fail. Also, I received an email from NBME at 10:32 EST notifying me that my score would be released AFTER 11 am EST. But in reality, scores are available starting AT 11 am EST.

And my Permit Disappeared on Monday (two days before my score release).
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Passed!!!!

For those who were also wondering like me if you could get away without listing a single pertinent negative, just the positives and ROS negative except as above, you can! I did this for every single patient.

Reactions: 4 users
This was my second attempt. I found out I failed it the first time in December, and literally took it about a week after finding out and paying a scheduler to find me a date. So for anyone next year who is wondering if you can retake and do well immediately after a fail, you can!

But honestly a test I failed the first time, and then passed with little preparation the second time is definitely a BS test.

Edit: The reason I took it again so quickly is because I go to one of the schools that will withdraw you from the match without a passing score by rank list deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For those who failed the first attempt, did you release your scores or send reports to the programs with an explanation?

For those who failed the first attempt, did you release your scores or send reports to the programs with an explanation?

1. Last year multiple people did not release except when asked emailed the report and matched. Seems to be the way to go...but who knows. I doubt releasing will hurt you much...

2. How dramatic was the difference in terms of the xxx range on your score report, just curious.

1. Last year multiple people did not release except when asked emailed the report and matched. Seems to be the way to go...but who knows. I doubt releasing will hurt you much...

2. How dramatic was the difference in terms of the xxx range on your score report, just curious.
First time I took it I did well on CIS with everything to the right. This time I did even better, with an *.
First time I failed ice by one star with only one to the right of borderline( you can pass with 2 to the right of borderline). This time I had some stars in borderline with everything else to the right.

Again this was after less preparation and during interview season, so I hadn't been in a clinical setting in months vs my first time where I was on a rotation and actually prepared. This test is such BS, and now I'll have this nasty mark on my transcript forever.

Damn I took in same day in Philly 12/30 and still nothing... :(
Oh we took it together then! I was in philly on 12/30. I was on the 1-12 side. I know there was a 13-24 in the same building. There was also a second site with another 24 people I believe.

I thought it was median star
It is. There are 15 stars. So if I had shifted over by one more star on my first score report, my median star would have fallen into borderline which is considered a pass.

Dreading it...called out sick already for Monday and Tuesday. Killing me.
Hang in there guys! If your Print Permit option still hasn't disappeared, it still can tomorrow. Mine disappeared on Monday, two days before my score release.