Step II Step 2CS December 2019 score release

Started by mcgarvels
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I plan to talk to some lawyers. It's a good starting point. Do you have any suggestions?

I’m actually surprised a lawsuit (even class action) hasn’t been pursued considering all LCME-accredited schools are required to have a 4th OSCE which should be able to be used in lieu of Step 2 CS. This is especially true considering you get more comprehensive feedback from your school and SPs and not worthless XXXs.
 
I’m actually surprised a lawsuit (even class action) hasn’t been pursued considering all LCME-accredited schools are required to have a 4th OSCE which should be able to be used in lieu of Step 2 CS. This is especially true considering you get more comprehensive feedback from your school and SPs and not worthless XXXs.
Great point
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Crap so I have to wait ANOTHER week for this??? (Permit there)
I hope not. I wonder if the NBME is aware of what they are putting the M4s through right now. I don’t mean that to be nasty, I know they have a lot of stuff to get through. Just seems like some adjustments could be made at a systems level to be more fair to everyone involved in this process.
 
I hope not. I wonder if the NBME is aware of what they are putting the M4s through right now. I don’t mean that to be nasty, I know they have a lot of stuff to get through. Just seems like some adjustments could be made at a systems level to be more fair to everyone involved in this process.
Ya for example they should release them all at the same time so that people who do fail have the same opportunity to reschedule a retake before they are swooped up
 
I hope not. I wonder if the NBME is aware of what they are putting the M4s through right now. I don’t mean that to be nasty, I know they have a lot of stuff to get through. Just seems like some adjustments could be made at a systems level to be more fair to everyone involved in this process.
They could care less. They have only one objective in life which is to keep increasing their bank accounts thru worthless exams.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
permit still there - i need to just stop checking. does the chance of failing increase if you get your score back later or anything?
Unfortunately it's still there for me too. At this point very likely we will have to wait another week which means we would get it back on Christmas Eve. Imagine finding out a bad result on Christmas Eve. NBME is evil and they need to be stopped.
 
Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting this week! There are many theories/worries of what makes it more or less likely to have passed (incl. getting it back early/late, permit disappearing etc). These are all not in any way proven and based on hearsay that has been circulating around the internet for years.

A more realistic theory is the following: we all care enough to spend time on this forum worrying about it. More so than the majority of folks who take the exam, who do not come on here. Hence, it is also likely that the fact that you are on here, increases the likelihood that you have passed, as you probably also cared more about preparing for the exam than most.

Seriously. This wait is horrible - but it will be worth it when you get your highly likely PASS through. Hang in there all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what does it mean if the majority (like 8/12) of SP's don't have a challenge question? Like when I asked at the end "Do you have any questions for me?", I would get a plain "no" most of the times. The ones that had a question were something like "can I get a note for school?" or "can you please not tell my coach?".

Did I piss them off or did I actually answer their questions during the encounter?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad