Step 2CS December 2019 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgarvels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on December 11th? 13 weeks is just way too long.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan to talk to some lawyers. It's a good starting point. Do you have any suggestions?

I’m actually surprised a lawsuit (even class action) hasn’t been pursued considering all LCME-accredited schools are required to have a 4th OSCE which should be able to be used in lieu of Step 2 CS. This is especially true considering you get more comprehensive feedback from your school and SPs and not worthless XXXs.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else's permit still there? Isn't the next release this week?

It should be this week. Some people didn’t have their permits disappear until Monday though. Also it seems the FCVS trick has been patched.

EDIT: I was able to email my Dean several hours before release to find out.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m actually surprised a lawsuit (even class action) hasn’t been pursued considering all LCME-accredited schools are required to have a 4th OSCE which should be able to be used in lieu of Step 2 CS. This is especially true considering you get more comprehensive feedback from your school and SPs and not worthless XXXs.
Great point

Members don't see this ad :)
Crap so I have to wait ANOTHER week for this??? (Permit there)
I hope not. I wonder if the NBME is aware of what they are putting the M4s through right now. I don’t mean that to be nasty, I know they have a lot of stuff to get through. Just seems like some adjustments could be made at a systems level to be more fair to everyone involved in this process.

Reactions: 4 users
I hope not. I wonder if the NBME is aware of what they are putting the M4s through right now. I don’t mean that to be nasty, I know they have a lot of stuff to get through. Just seems like some adjustments could be made at a systems level to be more fair to everyone involved in this process.
Ya for example they should release them all at the same time so that people who do fail have the same opportunity to reschedule a retake before they are swooped up

Reactions: 5 users
They could care less. They have only one objective in life which is to keep increasing their bank accounts thru worthless exams.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Permit gone for me as of sometime this afternoon. Sat exam 9/18. Eligibility expires in February. Does permit going away mean score this week or does it indicate a pass?

Likely just means score is coming this week, not necessarily an indicator of a pass

permit still there - i need to just stop checking. does the chance of failing increase if you get your score back later or anything?

I asked my dean that question last week and he said “you’re reading too much into this.” Nothing makes me feel better though.

permit still there - i need to just stop checking. does the chance of failing increase if you get your score back later or anything?
Unfortunately it's still there for me too. At this point very likely we will have to wait another week which means we would get it back on Christmas Eve. Imagine finding out a bad result on Christmas Eve. NBME is evil and they need to be stopped.

Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting this week! There are many theories/worries of what makes it more or less likely to have passed (incl. getting it back early/late, permit disappearing etc). These are all not in any way proven and based on hearsay that has been circulating around the internet for years.

A more realistic theory is the following: we all care enough to spend time on this forum worrying about it. More so than the majority of folks who take the exam, who do not come on here. Hence, it is also likely that the fact that you are on here, increases the likelihood that you have passed, as you probably also cared more about preparing for the exam than most.

Seriously. This wait is horrible - but it will be worth it when you get your highly likely PASS through. Hang in there all!

Reactions: 5 users
Took my exam on 10/5, in Philly. Didn't receive my result last Wednesday, still have "Print Permit" option as of today...anyone in the same boat? The wait is just awful...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Took my exam on 10/5, in Philly. Didn't receive my result last Wednesday, still have "Print Permit" option as of today...anyone in the same boat? The wait is just awful...

I hear you. I took at the beginning of this cycle and had to wait the full 13 weeks which was just awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
It's working for me but my result isn't out yet.

FCVS trick didn't work for AMGs last week. I think it was patched. I could apply for Step 3 and got my results via the NBME website long before FCVS was updated (it was some time that night or the next day)

FCVS trick didn't work for AMGs last week. I think it was patched. I could apply for Step 3 and got my results via the NBME website long before FCVS was updated (it was some time that night or the next day)
I'm not an AMG. I heard it still worked for IMGs

What time were the actual scores up last week. I know the emails lagged.

IMGs:
- 1 am EST Wednesday on FCVS
- Formal Email 9 am EST Wednesday
AMGs:
- Nothing on FCVS pre-formal email
- Formal Email 11 am EST Wednesday

Please correct me if I am wrong? :)

Took my exam in Philly on 10/22. Still have my permit available. Dying just a bit.

• Sad
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what does it mean if the majority (like 8/12) of SP's don't have a challenge question? Like when I asked at the end "Do you have any questions for me?", I would get a plain "no" most of the times. The ones that had a question were something like "can I get a note for school?" or "can you please not tell my coach?".

Did I piss them off or did I actually answer their questions during the encounter?

IMGs:
- 1 am EST Wednesday on FCVS
- Formal Email 9 am EST Wednesday
AMGs:
- Nothing on FCVS pre-formal email
- Formal Email 11 am EST Wednesday

Please correct me if I am wrong? :)

I got my formal email an hour after my score had already posted.

Score posted exactly at 11am