USMLE STEP 3 Trick Works!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chamorro12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The "trick" still works. Here's how it played out for me:

-NBME (apps.nbme.org) permit link disappeared early Sunday AM
-FSMB (usmle.fsmb.org) changed from "active" to "expired" early Monday AM with no link to reapply

Score report was available Wednesday 12:00 am Eastern Time on NBME (https://apps.nbme.org).

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Glad to be done with USMLE!!! My advice for all is
1. Know your Biostadistics upside down. UW is enough if you do the theory and all questions in QBANK. This crucial, if not you will miss many questions
2. Dr Fisher training videos were great for me. Saw them Twice 2x speed and i could get him during my exam when I looked the answer. Used in conjunction with Kaplan q bank and it’s great combination
3. I did UW 100% and Kaplan Q bank 100%. I recommend both !
4. CCS use UW, more than enough practice. Do all cases until you know the software very well.
Hope this helps!
Keep hope high and good vibes for you all!

Step 1: 233
Step 2 CK: 251
UW%: 63%
UWSA 1: 201 -3 weeks out
UWSA 2: 220 - 1 week out

PGY-1 Psych intern, studied on and off for about 3 months while working, obviously. I bought UW Biostats and crammed all of biostats in 2-3 days. I also crammed CCS cases and studied them hard the last week prior to my exam. I ran out of time to go through about ~15 practice cases, but I managed to finish all the interactive cases. I honestly thought I failed this exam because of CCS. The system was super slow on my exam day, and I made a few mistakes ordering things that I then deleted so idk how any of that works lol. Anyways...

Real Deal: 240

Shocked and super happy to be done!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of us who took this test Jan or Feb 2020, are scores going to come out on March 25? We have to wait that long?

For those of us who took this test Jan or Feb 2020, are scores going to come out on March 25? We have to wait that long?
My scheduling permit just disappeared my registration status is still active - I assume this means I’m getting a result on Wednesday?

I’m an FMG in this year’s match for IM and my top choice is a H1B sponsor. It’d be a big deal to have a result this week.

My scheduling permit just disappeared my registration status is still active - I assume this means I’m getting a result on Wednesday?

I’m an FMG in this year’s match for IM and my top choice is a H1B sponsor. It’d be a big deal to have a result this week.
I sat my exam on the 21/22 Feb 2020

Now it's disappeared. Looks like this. I still don't think it means anything.
Usually expires the day before the result but how is this possible ? Should the result be out today ? All is Wierd.
They told March 25th but now it’s doing Wierd stuff

And also the trick does not work, I did not have a yellow box and I failed the first time and I was on eligibility period and the same thing happen to my friend who was not in the elegibility period.

I wonder if it’s a good sign that those of us whose eligibility recently ended, now FSMB says expired and it will not let me extend my eligibility (where site says extension should be allowed if you’re within 30 days of prior approvals expiration date). Could all be meaningless though. For those whose eligibility ended, will it let you extend eligibility?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am seeing this msg, permit link expired
But when I click on continue button,it takes me to main portal page

Attachments

• 20200314_200705.jpg
    20200314_200705.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 257
Took the test 12/28 and 12/29. Permit is gone and eligibility ends 1/31. However fsmb says my status is "in process" and that I can continue my application. When I try to continue it just loops back to main step 3 portal page. Has anyone this happen? Thanks!

View attachment 293309
I have the same msg, did you fail or pass after this msg,please reply

This is mine and it was the same last time and I failed even If for the trick I had to pass so it’s all random

Attachments

• 78775329-135C-4C7A-9087-D32541D8E08D.jpeg
    78775329-135C-4C7A-9087-D32541D8E08D.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 219
I know it does not mean anything
Last time I was so happy because of that but I failed so I know.
The only Wierd thing is that usually expires the day before the result comes out and I do not understand what happen this time

I know it does not mean anything
Last time I was so happy because of that but I failed so I know.
The only Wierd thing is that usually expires the day before the result comes out and I do not understand what happen this time
They might be rushing through things preparing to shut down pre coronavirus?

I suppose the only conclusion we can draw is that our results should be out on Wednesday
Well usually if comes out Wednesday the thing expires Tuesday so it could happen also that we will get it tomorrow
What happened this time is very unique and I think because of COVID emergency

In my case it just shows the grey box with no yellow button, but I’ve read this trick is next to useless now so don’t worry overmuch I’d say.
Do you have the grey box with exact same msg: Step 3 application in progress. Click continue below to complete or you have different msg

I don't think it's just the gray box. It has to say "Your Step 3 application has expired. You may begin a new Step 3 application at your convenience." And you should still be in your eligibility period. Because why would it force you to start a new app completely if you're within your eligibility period if you failed.
I had it like this when I failed and I have it like this now so really I do not think is a real trick but the majority of people have it like this and the majority of AMG 99% pass so it is not a trick
I failed it so I can tell it does not work