Stewart University Med Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, your pedestrian minds are obviously missing the point. Whoever found that picture where the guy isn't using a pen (great find, by the way) let me tap into something really deep. I believe it was Rousseau who argued that real learning needn't take place in a school, nor must one really be "taught" directly at all. In fact, quipped the enlightened French psuedohipster, the greatest feats of learning come through naught but pure, undistilled introspection, unaided by the corrupting influences of so-called "educators."

Thus, my friends, Stewart med is, as you say, not a school -- it is beyond and above a school. Without pens, facilities, teachers or books published within the last two decades, Stewart thus liberates the mind of the budding physician and allowes (s)he to transcened such pitiful earthly concepts as "science" and "medicine" and instead become a healer of the soul.

Yes Saul -- you may quote me. But I will have to charge you the $21.99 royalty, easily payable by Visa or MasterCard at my paypal account.
HAHA

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, Juliet's rack is getting more attention than Saul's hair -- this is an unexpected (hilarious) turn indeed. Also as a sidenote, did anyone else catch in the video when he says, "Well, I like buying the older editions of textbooks to get a different perspective on the material..." That's just pure gold. I'm an EMT and when I see trauma victims, I immediately prepare for amputation. It's old school, yes, but my patients like having a "different perspective" on their treatment.

Ooh, and I thought of a fun poll: On the administration listing, you know how there's R. Aubree Guancione and Anthony Guancione III? Do you think they're:

A) Brother and sister
B) Husband and wife
C) Son and mother

http://www.stewartmed.org/administration.html

Tick-tock...

Wow, Juliet's rack is getting more attention than Saul's hair -- this is an unexpected (hilarious) turn indeed. Also as a sidenote, did anyone else catch in the video when he says, "Well, I like buying the older editions of textbooks to get a different perspective on the material..." That's just pure gold. I'm an EMT and when I see trauma victims, I immediately prepare for amputation. It's old school, yes, but my patients like having a "different perspective" on their treatment.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Oh man.. I think I peed my pants a little (j/k)

Ooh, and I thought of a fun poll: On the administration listing, you know how there's R. Aubree Guancione and Anthony Guancione III? Do you think they're:

A) Brother and sister
B) Husband and wife
C) Son and mother

http://www.stewartmed.org/administration.html

Tick-tock...

I retract my previous answer in favor of
E) Father and Son (I am pretty sure Aubree is a drag queen)

I retract my previous answer in favor of
E) Father and Son (I am pretty sure Aubree is a drag queen)

haha cheers to that; i love it -- don't worry, though; "her" rack still can't touch yours...am I right, TRAMD? Since you last brought it up, you're the resident (no pun intended) breast expert -- Aubree vs. Juliet's picture?

And AM, it's not ridicule -- we love Stewie! I think we need to stay in the "Free Saul" mentality of a few hours ago -- it's healthier AND more gracious. Also, is it just me or does the picture of the Chancellor on the main welcome page look like a heavier version of the principal in Ferris Bueller?

And AM, it's not ridicule -- we love Stewie! I think we need to stay in the "Free Saul" mentality of a few hours ago -- it's healthier AND more gracious. Also, is it just me or does the picture of the Chancellor on the main welcome page look like a heavier version of the principal in Ferris Bueller?

I agree. I only make fun of Stewart because I was rejected :(. Oh and on the "free saul" mentality, I do still think he is just a pawn. Just when I begin to convince myself he could have masterminded this whole thing, I watch one of those videos and I am reminded... he's a Lennie not a George.

I agree. I only make fun of Stewart because I was rejected :(. Oh and on the "free saul" mentality, I do still think he is just a pawn. Just when I begin to convince myself he could have masterminded this whole thing, I watch one of those videos and I am reminded... he's a Lennie not a George.

I'm digging the Steinbeck references -- makes us seem like poetic visionaries instead of bored semi-professionals/students. I think it's been taken too far to just be a joke -- Law2Doc might disagree, but I feel like there are some hefty legal risks going on here. Plus, someone doing it as a joke would make it seem more convincing, don't you think? The "mastermind" here is a person of below-average intelligence who assumes that premeds are more desperate than they are intelligent...and let's give ourselves some credit -- outside of the dating world, that's just not true.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm digging the Steinbeck references -- makes us seem like poetic visionaries instead of bored semi-professionals/students. I think it's been taken too far to just be a joke -- Law2Doc might disagree, but I feel like there are some hefty legal risks going on here. Plus, someone doing it as a joke would make it seem more convincing, don't you think? The "mastermind" here is a person of below-average intelligence who assumes that premeds are more desperate than they are intelligent...and let's give ourselves some credit -- outside of the dating world, that's just not true.
you give pre-meds way too much credit

hahaha hey speak for yourself. I am gonna have like 10,000 of Saul's babies!

While I agree that it seems a little sophomoric, you did mention earlier that Stewart is actually an innovative school with its "think outside the box" (or in this case "think outside of pen's, classrooms, instructors, etc.") mentality that is just too advanced for poor Lennie... I mean Saul. Plus, there are some moving moments in his videos where I TRULY believe that he thinks he is attending medical school. Its very touching.

hahaha hey speak for yourself. I am gonna have like 10,000 of Saul's babies!

While I agree that it seems a little sophomoric, you did mention earlier that Stewart is actually an innovative school with its "think outside the box" (or in this case "think outside of pen's, classrooms, instructors, etc.") mentality that is just too advanced for poor Lennie... I mean Saul. Plus, there are some moving moments in his videos where I TRULY believe that he thinks he is attending medical school. Its very touching.

Oh amen to that -- I love his sanctimonious martyrdom, "You guys can tear me apart as much as you want, but lay off my school." It's like the old cowboy mantra perfected by Lyle Lovett, "You can have my girl, but don't touch my hat." Saul -- you, sir, are an American hero.

Yeah, either it's poorly implemented but sincere, or Saul's time outside of a cell is pretty limited. I'm sure there are some very desperate premeds -- 50% of all med school applicants won't get in each cycle. But if Saul et al take money from them and don't perform the service they advertise, that's a federal crime. And if, heaven forbid, a few dozen people send in deposits, that's probably enough counts to put poor Saul away for his entire natural life. Which will give him a lot of time to read those old medical books, I suppose. So either the Stewart folks are either inept at setting up a school, took a joke way too far and are risking jail time, or some of the world's dumbest criminals.

haha cheers to that; i love it -- don't worry, though; "her" rack still can't touch yours...am I right, TRAMD? Since you last brought it up, you're the resident (no pun intended) breast expert -- Aubree vs. Juliet's picture?

I am on a hospital computer where I cannot see the pics on the Stewart website . . . I will make my judgement later at home.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I thought that too!

That is the thing, he is such a genius that he makes you think he is stupid. Kinda like Kevin Spacey with the leg thing in The Usual Suspects.

That is the thing, he is such a genius that he makes you think he is stupid. Kinda like Kevin Spacey with the leg thing in The Usual Suspects.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

oooooh, good reference. Really makes you think. I wonder if he has a bum foot. Maybe I should retract my date offers!

Juliet's, hands down. Big breasts are erroneous when the girl is the size of an SUV.

haha true -- Juliet looks like she hopped out of the plastic surgery clinic with those boobs and ran a frew triathalons...i'm sweating over here.

isnt that from "the devil's advocate"? a great movie with the keanu

* Juliet bangs her head against a wall and groans "Usual Suspects... best movie EVER"*

haha true -- Juliet looks like she hopped out of the plastic surgery clinic with those boobs and ran a frew triathalons...i'm sweating over here.

I am so glad the fake boobs on my fake picture are winning the fake "best boobs" award. Proudest day of my life

no way, they use it there, too? it's def from usual suspects as well, right? back me up, TRA.

I think it was from End of Days with Swarzeneggar. I have never seen the Devil's Advocate although I know there is a hot naked chick in it so I might have to. The quote is definitely in The Usual Suspects. The quote is originally much older than both movies:http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=935597

You guys have got to see this...I corresponded personally with Dr. Saul himself!

Under his latest YouTube video:

ME:

Saul, rap with me-

I know some of the questions posted here seem acrimonious but in all honesty, I think all of us at SDN are deeply appreciative. When lurking amongst us, I'm sure you noticed the Stewie U thread is 10 pages long -- wow! You've entertained hundreds of young doctors-to-be so on behalf of everyone at SDN and we must never forget that. The pressure for med students is intense, just like you talk about in your videos. So on behalf of all SDNers, thanks!

Saul, we really like you and want you to live a happy, delusion-free life! If you ever want to descend into our forums and chill with us for a bit, talk about life and the cards you've been dealt, that'd be swell. In reference to your previous video, I can't imagine how stressful it must have been to be a surgical intern PRIOR to med school - I know people who couldn't handle it AFTER med school!

Happy new year, Saul -- and come have a rhetorical cold one with us sometime!

SAUL:

I would enjoy having drinks with all of you, as a matter of fact I live in southern california so if any of you would like to meet please feel free

The delusion free life is here, but sometimes I wish I had a reality free life. For some reason nothing is sticking this week when it comes to my studying. However I did take notice of your requests and some students will be doing some videos very soon of Stewart University.

I dont drink, but I would be happy to say that the first round will be on me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K692WpfF8cI#wiFTiFuEooU

There's the link to our convo...

Hurray, he told me how to get a sweatshirt. I'm afraid to give Stewart my mailing address though lest they spam the crap out of me.

You have to admit, their sweatshirt was pretty damn sexy. Of course, I'd never wear it anywhere outside of medical school since it would advertise the school.

Seems like a great guy. I really do feel bad for him if he was tricked into this . . . dang! . . . now I am falling for the soft hair and cuddly personality!

Seems like a great guy. I really do feel bad for him if he was tricked into this . . . dang! . . . now I am falling for the soft hair and cuddly personality!

Juliet, looks like we have a convert to the "Saul, you melt me like butter..." club. TRA, would your wife be mad if you cut her face out of your avatar and put Saul's in instead?

See how easy it is to fall for the guy!!! Hey Saul, I am in So cal too! Of course, I am curious, is he on break? San Jose is definitely NOT southern Cali... or maybe its part of Stewart new "self study" program

Juliet, looks like we have a convert to the "Saul, you melt me like butter..." club. TRA, would your wife be mad if you cut her face out of your avatar and put Saul's in instead?

I would only have the tools to do so at home but I will see what I can do.

I never noticed this before but there is a 68 page school catalog on the main page.. that's a bit extreme if this is a joke lol.. Jan 21st is listed as the spring orientation.. anybody wanna go? lol

You guys have got to see this...I corresponded personally with Dr. Saul himself!

Under his latest YouTube video:

ME:

Saul, rap with me-

I know some of the questions posted here seem acrimonious but in all honesty, I think all of us at SDN are deeply appreciative. When lurking amongst us, I'm sure you noticed the Stewie U thread is 10 pages long -- wow! You've entertained hundreds of young doctors-to-be so on behalf of everyone at SDN and we must never forget that. The pressure for med students is intense, just like you talk about in your videos. So on behalf of all SDNers, thanks!

Saul, we really like you and want you to live a happy, delusion-free life! If you ever want to descend into our forums and chill with us for a bit, talk about life and the cards you've been dealt, that'd be swell. In reference to your previous video, I can't imagine how stressful it must have been to be a surgical intern PRIOR to med school - I know people who couldn't handle it AFTER med school!

Happy new year, Saul -- and come have a rhetorical cold one with us sometime!

SAUL:

I would enjoy having drinks with all of you, as a matter of fact I live in southern california so if any of you would like to meet please feel free

The delusion free life is here, but sometimes I wish I had a reality free life. For some reason nothing is sticking this week when it comes to my studying. However I did take notice of your requests and some students will be doing some videos very soon of Stewart University.

I dont drink, but I would be happy to say that the first round will be on me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K692WpfF8cI#wiFTiFuEooU

There's the link to our convo...

Newman's... You had me at "rap".

That was hilarious... no smiley can even do it justice.

I think he might actually be with Horatio Sanz from SNL in that post c-section pic. I love how on his myspace page it says that the woman survived as if that was a rare chance in a c-section.

I never noticed this before but there is a 68 page school catalog on the main page.. that's a bit extreme if this is a joke lol.. Jan 21st is listed as the spring orientation.. anybody wanna go? lol

South Dakota to So. Cal. might be a long trip for that . . .

I think he might actually be with Horatio Sanz from SNL in that post c-section pic. I love how on his myspace page it says that the woman survived as if that was a rare chance in a c-section.

Well he is using those "new perspective" text books. Maybe in his books, c-sections were deadly since you had to use a saw to perform them!

I'm so proud to be a part of this thread, even if my participation is waning.

Hurray, he told me how to get a sweatshirt. I'm afraid to give Stewart my mailing address though lest they spam the crap out of me.

You have to admit, their sweatshirt was pretty damn sexy. Of course, I'd never wear it anywhere outside of medical school since it would advertise the school.

I want a sweatshirt too!!! Maybe we can have them shipped to another address and pick them up. If not, I am making my own. I plan to show up on my first day of med school with a Stewie U t-shirt. That way I will know who all the cool kids are by seeing who recognizes my shirt! Good way to make to right kind of friends in med school (friends with a sense of humor!)

I want a sweatshirt too!!! Maybe we can have them shipped to another address and pick them up. If not, I am making my own. I plan to show up on my first day of med school with a Stewie U t-shirt. That way I will know who all the cool kids are by seeing who recognizes my shirt! Good way to make to right kind of friends in med school (friends with a sense of humor!)

Sign me up!

you are enjoying this entirely way too much

Saul said on you tube that some of us sent apologetic emails when they found out the school is real. How is that even possible? I mean, even if it was, there is no way to tell! You can't even visit! Or see any students besides the 4 in the pictures + Saul. Anyone here email him an apology?

you are enjoying this entirely way too much

sad but, alas, true.

Everyone has a skill, and mine is mocking people. But, just like Dexter, the serial killer who only kills killers, I only mock those who deserve it. And lets face it, Stewie U deserves it and I need something to do!

I'm so proud to be a part of this thread, even if my participation is waning.

I agree. Of all the threads I've read on SDN, this one is in the top 5--Stew U is just too ridiculous to be real, and yet it seemingly is a real school.

Saul, if you're lurking in this thread, just create a s/n and respond to questions asked about Stewart here rather than on youtube, which has 500 character limit per response. We promise not to limit your character count in defense of Stewart. I'm sure you have a lot of explanations as for why a teacher is writing on a board with no pen, why a lady who is a part of Stew U's admissions is showing cleavage in a picture, or why your school website has pictures of a sandy beach under "facilities". :D