Stuck in a terrible situation...feeling hopeless about MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you needed to make a thread on how to get into medical school with a 33, I have a feeling you won't be getting into a allopathic school anything soon.

If you actually got a 33 then you could talk. I don't have a problem with osteopaths in general, but those like you who feel like they're better than anyone who is trying to get into MD bother me.

Members don't see this ad.

If you actually got a 33 then you could talk. I don't have a problem with osteopaths in general, but those like you who feel like they're better than anyone who is trying to get into MD bother me.

And so you know my MCAT grade too? Where did I once say that I was better than anyone who is trying to get a MD?

What is wrong with you guys? I'm honestly doubting either of you will make a good physician. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And so you know my MCAT grade too? Where did I once say that I was better than anyone who is trying to get a MD?

It's your attitude. It's not my fault you can't tell how others perceive you. And hey, you may have gotten a 33, but most people with 33's barring awful gpas, a desire to live nearby, or want the "holistic view of medicine" choose to go to MD. Whatever.

Lmao this guy is apparently mature enough to apply to medical school but not independent enough to conduct basic research on the value of a 33, without relying on his premed advisers...

Please don't feed this idiotic debate. Even though JustaDO was very unkind to me, I remained polite to him. This other guy just jumped in and they have been going at it and derailing the thread. But please let's stop insulting either side. We need to rise above this.

Please don't feed this idiotic debate. Even though JustaDO was very unkind to me, I remained polite to him. This other guy just jumped in and they have been going at it and derailing the thread. But please let's stop insulting either side. We need to rise above this.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here?
*Grabs popcorn*

It's your attitude. It's not my fault you can't tell how others perceive you. And hey, you may have gotten a 33, but most people with 33's barring awful gpas, a desire to live nearby, or want the "holistic view of medicine" choose to go to MD. Whatever.

Jealously must hurt, good luck with that "V shaped trend". Tell you what, down the road, if you play your cards right, I made let you shadow me while you tell me about how you love holistic medicine.

Last edited:
Again, I hope you learn to conduct yourself with kindness and respect in real life. You seem very angry and upset from what I have read on here. I never stated anything as fact, besides what I verified myself but you just keep thinking that. I even said "i'm not an expert in AMCAS". You also said you had posted your last post....so why come back? This thread is so far derailed. OP I hope you found your answer hahah
You're right. I am an angry person who disagrees with others for absolutely no reason - for of course you have made no missteps along the way or posted in a way that has rubbed anyone wrong! All of the people who were bothered enough by your tone to comment specifically on it must be suffering from mass delusion, just as I myself clearly am. I hope that someday I can aspire to be as patient, polite, and humble as you. Then maybe I, too, can make assumptions about other peoples' real lives and their social interactions in those real lives, and give them heartfelt, meaningful advice that will forever change their souls. I hope too that everyone else who finds themselves disliking the way you presented your gospel truths learns, as did I, that you are NEVER wrong and mends the error of their ways. Finally, I hope that your burden as the Better Person™ eases, and you find it less necessary in the future to wish well for people you don't like...it must be difficult to type that with a straight face every time and it pains me to see you suffer so.

Tone doesn't matter, so everything in this post should be taken 100% at face value and there's no conceivable way that it may upset you.

Reactions: 3 users
You're right. I am an angry person who disagrees with others for absolutely no reason - for of course you have made no missteps along the way or posted in a way that has rubbed anyone wrong! All of the people who were bothered enough by your tone to comment specifically on it must be suffering from mass delusion, just as I myself clearly am. I hope that someday I can aspire to be as patient, polite, and humble as you. Then maybe I, too, can make assumptions about other peoples' real lives and their social interactions in those real lives, and give them heartfelt, meaningful advice that will forever change their souls. I hope too that everyone else who finds themselves disliking the way you presented your gospel truths learns, as did I, that you are NEVER wrong and mends the error of their ways. Finally, I hope that your burden as the Better Person™ eases, and you find it less necessary in the future to wish well for people you don't like...it must be difficult to type that with a straight face every time and it pains me to see you suffer so.

Tone doesn't matter, so everything in this post should be taken 100% at face value and there's no conceivable way that it may upset you.

I hope everything gets better for you. :highfive:

He has been talking down to everyone in this thread from the get-go, yet still continues to act like some sort of guru. Bravo.

I have come to the conclusion MI2015 is either a troll, or straight ignorant. I was hoping troll, but now, not so sure.

He has been talking down to everyone in this thread from the get-go, yet still continues to act like some sort of guru. Bravo.

Honestly what is wrong with you? Do you have a chip on your shoulder? Because even though that guy was mean for saying you couldn't get into MD school, you have been very unkind. And I know that people can change, so I wish you well. At least i'm not looking up people's old threads and bashing them for what they said. :whistle:
Also: Is your eyesight okay? Last time I checked my profile picture was of a female lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
scaled.php

Reactions: 7 users
@Lawper Good to know they were never attempting to approach medical services in the first place. Who knows what these savages would do to that poor couple.

I have come to the conclusion MI2015 is either a troll, or straight ignorant. I was hoping troll, but now, not so sure.

So if someone disagrees with you they are ignorant? I just.....I really wish you well. If you had been polite and expressed why you disagreed with me I would have happily had a discussion, just like I had with Lawper. And yes, i'm a huge giant troll who specifically waited for you to come and fight with you. :rolleyes: I don't like to argue, and I think DO school is awesome, and I would be honored to go to one. Which one are you going to?

Please read your own posts :claps: . Thank you for the laughs :laugh:

I know I was polite to you. I congratulated you on getting into medical school. It's odd when someone reacts like you did. I simply asked what school you are going to but okay.

@MI2015 If my profile picture is a penguin, does that make me a penguin? If so, how am I alekwjflkkalkejfklewq rweewfhajlheawf

I know I was polite to you. I congratulated you on getting into medical school. It's odd when someone reacts like you did. I simply asked what school you are going to but okay.

Lol...you do not seem to realize what everyone is pointing at: stop being nice and polite to everyone, it doesn't matter on an internet forum. Either put up a good argument or just stop.

@MI2015 If my profile picture is a penguin, does that make me a penguin? If so, how am I alekwjflkkalkejfklewq rweewfhajlheawf

That would be a hoot to have a penguin as a classmate. They're cute :)

Reactions: 1 users
Lol...you do not seem to realize what everyone is pointing at: stop being nice and polite to everyone, it doesn't matter on an internet forum. Either put up a good argument or just stop.

I already stated my argument. And I can be polite if I want to? No one is making you listen/respond to me.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here?
*Grabs popcorn*

Actually, professionalism, respect and courtesy are required here, because SDN serves as educational and professional forums. See Lee's sticky here and in preosteo.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/anonymity-bedside-manners-and-sdn-membership.1176729/

Reactions: 4 users
@Lawper I thought this was the pre-med forum board.

Let me clarify, I believe in transparency and honesty. I think those are clear cut values I can tell you and you can understand. I believe that this is a pre-med board that facilitates discussion, nothing more and nothing less. I think that elating this to be anything more than that would be selling the platform for something more than what it objectively is: a social platform.

I'm sorry for expanding on this further, it's just that I don't really observe professionalism and respect as being the fore front of ethos on this site because it's simply not conducive to opening up a platform to conversation. Is posting a.jpg of a u-turn an example of how you would behave in a professional environment? Of course not. Buzz words are absurd and obfuscate clarity of what is here and what is real.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MI2015 I hope you realize how irritating and misleading your initial posts were. @mehc012 was simply clarifying, for other uninformed readers, that what you were saying is not correct. You've said multiple incorrect statements just in this one thread, but then continue to argue with a current adcom and current medical students to insist that you're correct. Your only validation for your arguments is that 1. you know one adcom whose opinion cannot be extrapolated to provide any valuable data and 2. your opinion. So you see, your really couldn't validate any "information" you were providing, and in fact were more likely to mislead an application than offer helpful advice. And please, quit the pre-med bull**** of trying to comment on whether or not someone will "make a good doctor" based on what you read in a damn internet forum.

@FSU14 who the hell are you? I hope you aren't expecting anyone here to be impressed with your modest numbers. We surely aren't impressed with your attitude. Let me give you a Protip: if you still believe that MD>DO/PA/RN etc, you are not ready to apply to medical school. The delivery of adequate healthcare is dependent on interprofessionalism, and that demands respect for each member in our healthcare team. Beside, I know of multiple DO students on this forum who blew your numbers out of the water. Time to grow and up realize that people choose programs for a multitude of reasons, and just because you aren't privy to that information doesn't mean you get to assume you're better than anyone, because you're not.

Reactions: 8 users
@MI2015 I hope you realize how irritating and misleading your initial posts were. @mehc012 was simply clarifying, for other uninformed readers, that what you were saying is not correct. You've said multiple incorrect statements just in this one thread, but then continue to argue with a current adcom and current medical students to insist that you're correct. Your only validation for your arguments is that 1. you know one adcom whose opinion cannot be extrapolated to provide any valuable data and 2. your opinion. So you see, your really couldn't validate any "information" you were providing, and in fact were more likely to mislead an application than offer helpful advice. And please, quit the pre-med bull**** of trying to comment on whether or not someone will "make a good doctor" based on what you read in a damn internet forum.

@FSU14 who the hell are you? I hope you aren't expecting anyone here to be impressed with your modest numbers. We surely aren't impressed with your attitude. Let me give you a Protip: if you still believe that MD>DO/PA/RN etc, you are not ready to apply to medical school. The delivery of adequate healthcare is dependent on interprofessionalism, and that demands respect for each member in our healthcare team. Beside, I know of multiple DO students on this forum who blew your numbers out of the water. Time to grow and up realize that people choose programs for a multitude of reasons, and just because you aren't privy to that information doesn't mean you get to assume you're better than anyone, because you're not.

^^

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

I actually didn't state any incorrect information. Anyone who wants to know what their schools official policy (whether or not the individual adcoms follow it or not) can call the schools they are interested in. @JustaDO was very sarcastic and impolite, considering I actually defended him/her from the other guy. I will argue with an adcom and current med student when A) They admitted they have no idea about TMDAS and B) If you have anything to add about the actual topic the OP started feel free. But as discussed last night, we have already veered way off track.
Also, are you really stooping down to @FSU14 level by making fun of grades and numbers? :bookworm:
Also, please don't curse on this forum. I think civil discourse is perfectly fine. There is a sticky on this forum with the rules.

Last edited:
I actually didn't state any incorrect information. Anyone who wants to know what their schools official policy (whether or not the individual adcoms follow it or not) can call the schools they are interested in. @JustaDO was very sarcastic and impolite, considering I actually defended him/her from the other guy. I will argue with an adcom and current med student when A) They admitted they have no idea about TMDAS and B) If you have anything to add about the actual topic the OP started feel free. But as discussed last night, we have already veered way off track.
Also, are you really stooping down to @FSU14 level by making fun of grades and numbers? :bookworm:
Again, you're showing your ignorance. What's irritating about your posts though is that you don't know what you don't know and continue to insist you're correct.

You can't just call a school and get a straightforward answer about their policy. As many posters have tried to point out to you, the policies are intentionally written to be vague so that adcoms can use their personal judgment without being bound by a policy. For example, a policy will state that adcoms "will take all MCAT scores into consideration". Does this mean they average scores? Take the best? Take the most recent? It depends on the situation and what the adcoms feel would be most appropriate in a case by case basis.

And now you're suggesting that you can call a school, get the school's policy, but the adcoms won't follow it? But then you continue to suggest that calling schools will give you all the information you need to know. Just admit that you're out of your domain here.

Edit: And I do believe I didn't make fun of any grades or numbers. I called them modest, which they are. Basic reading comprehension would have caught that.

Last edited:
Again, you're showing your ignorance. What's irritating about your posts though is that you don't know what you don't know and continue to insist you're correct.

You can't just call a school and get a straightforward answer about their policy. As many posters have tried to point out to you, the policies are intentionally written to be vague so that adcoms can use their personal judgment without being bound by a policy. For example, a policy will state that adcoms "will take all MCAT scores into consideration". Does this mean they average scores? Take the best? Take the most recent? It depends on the situation and what the adcoms feel would be most appropriate in a case by case basis.

And now you're suggesting that you can call a school, get the school's policy, but the adcoms won't follow it? But then you continue to suggest that calling schools will give you all the information you need to know. Just admit that you're out of your domain here.

Edit: And I do believe I didn't make fun of any grades or numbers. I called them modest, which they are. Basic reading comprehension would have caught that.

You are welcome not to look at my posts if you find them irritating .That's what I do when someone annoys me.
When a school's policy is "we take the most recent score", I don't know how that is vague to you?
Also, my initial statement was that even though AAMC recommends averaging scores, that does not mean every school/adcom member does that.
If you want to discuss this more, feel free to PM me. But I feel this thread is way derailed.
I get that you think I lack "reading comprehension", but in my opinion the comment about no one being impressed by his modest numbers was stooping to his level.
Again, if you want to discuss anything further, feel free to PM me. Thanks and have a good one.

I'm feeling a bit screwed for life. I took the mcat twice. Got a 490 the first time but a 516 the second try. Not sure wth happened the first time because I averaged a 510 on the AAMC practice. Afterwards, I realized I had a combination of ADHD and anxiety. It must have surfaced during the mcat :( I remember blanking out and feeling terrible at the end, but I finished everything on time and answered all the questions. Since people say to not trust post exam feelings too much, I scored it. Of course, I didn't do anywhere near my potential. I did a lot better the second time after getting some help! But I'm genuinely worried my dream at an MD is effectively over because of the first score. I really want an MD and cannot apply DO because I may need to practice sometime in my country in the future and DO is not recognized. And knowing my country, I can almost guarantee that it won't be for a looong time. So do I stand a chance at MD? Everything else about my app is great...

OP, you just gotta go for it. What's done is done. There's no point in worrying about stuff that is out of your control. I don't mean to come off as pedantic, but understanding what's in your control and what is out of your control is a good virtue to learn not just for your career but life in general. When you're applying for residencies/jobs/etc or even during introspection about relationships/yourself/other personal stuff, there's always going to be stuff that you're going to wish could've gone better or stuff you wish you did differently. But you can't fret on it. Learn from it and move on.

As far as what you should do now, again, I would say just go for it. If this is your dream, you don't want to be looking back wondering what if. Continue to do your best and keep improving your app and your skills and whatever happens, happens.

Best of luck!

You are welcome not to look at my posts if you find them irritating .That's what I do when someone annoys me.
When a school's policy is "we take the most recent score", I don't know how that is vague to you?
Also, my initial statement was that even though AAMC recommends averaging scores, that does not mean every school/adcom member does that.
If you want to discuss this more, feel free to PM me. But I feel this thread is way derailed.
I get that you think I lack "reading comprehension", but in my opinion the comment about no one being impressed by his modest numbers was stooping to his level.
Again, if you want to discuss anything further, feel free to PM me. Thanks and have a good one.
I respond to posts that spread incorrect information, no matter how annoying the poster is.

For the sake of other pre-meds reading this thread, here are some of the things that have been said that are not correct:
but many more medical schools are interviewing a high amount of candidates who have taken the test multiple times. They admire the dedication
But more schools are moving away from this school of thought.
I got a 26 my first time because I had horrible premed advisors

Here's some hard truth: your goal should be to take the MCAT once and knock it out of the park. Taking the MCAT multiple times shows ill preparation for the first test and poor decision making when you decided to score it. If you perform poorly on the test and decide to score it, it's your own fault. You should be doing your own research on such a high-stakes exam prior to taking it, and not depending on other people to do the research for you. If you are asked in an interview why you performed poorly on your first MCAT (and you will be asked, if this is the case), you need to take responsibility for your poor first exam and own it. Blaming your crappy pre-med adviser will not go over well. Fortunately, adcoms are people and recognize that mistakes happen. If you retake the MCAT and do well, like the OP did, you won't have much to worry about, provided that you take responsibility for your poor first performance. And finally, anyone who has multiple MCATs should apply broadly, as having a poor performance on your first attempt is never a good thing and no one can guarantee that adcoms won't be turned off by it.

Reactions: 4 users
Plenty of people have already given feedback, but I got a 27 on my first MCAT and then a 36 on my second. No one even mentioned it at any of my interviews, and I had no problem getting them. I think you should be fine for the most part.

Entering this thread like...
fire_community.gif

Reactions: 2 users
I will argue with an adcom and current med student when A) They admitted they have no idea about TMDAS

upload_2016-7-22_15-40-29.png

Here is where you stated deans are required to follow TMDAS rule. FYI, its TMDSAS.

upload_2016-7-22_15-48-42.png

Same lie repeated.

upload_2016-7-22_15-44-4.png

Straight from "TMDAS's" website.

upload_2016-7-22_15-41-18.png

So if I applied in Texas, they do call the shots, but if I didn't then they don't? Not really sure what that means. Wait a minute, 2 statements up you said deans are required to do so.

Do you even read your own posts?

^

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN1469221305.364197.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN1469221305.364197.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 40
upload_2016-7-22_15-55-36.png

upload_2016-7-22_16-4-48.png

upload_2016-7-22_15-58-49.png

upload_2016-7-22_15-59-24.png

Your application was submitted for "weeks" in early June but then was submitted in early June. You took a year of post-bacc and now you are thinking about doing a post-bacc.

A+ on such effort, but truly sad. I would continue, but its just boring now.

Last edited:
Wait what?? I've been following this post and now I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

View attachment 206700

View attachment 206705
View attachment 206701

View attachment 206702

Your application was submitted for "weeks" in early June but then was submitted in early June. You took a year of post-bacc and now you are thinking about doing a post-bacc.

A+ on such effort, but truly sad. I would continue, but its just boring now.

Please stop harassing me. This has nothing to do with this conversation. I submitted early June, but my transcripts were sent in mid june. I also wasn't unaware I couldn't take 2 years of post bacc classes. The fact that you are digging up messages to try and harass me is very sad. And if you think I'm a troll then tell that to the entire June 2016 mcat board. @TexasSurgeon did you know i'm a giant troll? @Lawper i'm not sure if you're a mod, but I have ignored this user but he keeps harassing me over things that have nothing to do with this thread. JustaDo can argue all he wants, but this point he has gone above that.

Please stop harassing me. This has nothing to do with this conversation. I submitted early June, but my transcripts were sent in mid june. I also wasn't unaware I couldn't take 2 years of post bacc classes. The fact that you are digging up messages to try and harass me is very sad. And if you think I'm a troll then tell that to the entire June 2016 mcat board. @TexasSurgeon did you know i'm a giant troll? @Lawper i'm not sure if you're a mod, but I have ignored this user but he keeps harassing me over things that have nothing to do with this thread. JustaDo can argue all he wants, but this point he has gone above that.

I was done but you tagged me, but please, play the victim. Keep on doing what you do best, tag people left and right to get attention.

upload_2016-7-22_17-27-23.png

I was done but you tagged me, but please, play the victim. Keep on doing what you do best, tag people left and right to get attention.

View attachment 206709

I am asking you to leave me alone. What you are saying has nothing to do with this thread, and you are making me uncomfortable.

I am asking you to leave me alone. What you are saying has nothing to do with this thread, and you are making me uncomfortable.

Then quit tagging me in your posts.

@WedgeDawg is there a way to shut down this thread? This individual is not even talking about the original topic, but is instead trying to harass me, even after I repeatedly asked him/her to stop.

@WedgeDawg is there a way to shut down this thread? This individual is not even talking about the original topic, but is instead trying to harass me, even after I repeatedly asked him/her to stop.
Put him on "ignore" and quit tagging/quoting him.

wow, I'm really sorry for starting this thread you guys :( I didn't think it would go in such a chaotic direction…anyway, thanks to everyone who responded with advice about my situation! I'll try my very best to be successful as an MD