This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PPMD

Reaction score
PP all MD group
all cases except transplant
1099, good income
non-predatory group, transparent
usually 1 year to yeah or nah partnership vote (almost always yeah)
expanding hospital
Call gets nightly stipend plus what you collect from cases.

Members don't see this ad.

Any chance you're willing to share what city? I've seen anything from Santa Barbara to Fontana to Dana Point called "suburbs" of LA and those are very different

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there Women, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, non California people in your group?
Granted, there aren’t that many blacks out there, but Hispanics considering the racial makeup of Southern California?
Just curious.
Do you all recruit from the same residency?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Small group of 10, Chief is AA, two Asians, .two women, one Muslim, and other diversity (and an AA woman starting next month)

Small group of 10, Chief is AA, two Asians, .two women, one Muslim, and other diversity (and an AA woman starting next month)
Nice. You work in the same group as Salty? Or in Southern CA?
Just that every time I hear of all these “exclusive” groups that are hard to get into I picture a good ol’ boys club of White males.
Hope I am wrong. And if I am wrong, glad to be.

Reactions: 1 users
No to same group as Salty, yes to So Call me 818-282-3411 (12 miles from ucla)

Are there Women, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, non California people in your group?
Granted, there aren’t that many blacks out there, but Hispanics considering the racial makeup of Southern California?
Just curious.
Do you all recruit from the same residency?

Yes, we tend to recruit from the same residency programs - 2 in particular. We're probably 80% from those 2 programs with the other 20% coming from a variety of places around the country.

We are roughly 25% female. 40% of our recent hires in the past 2-3 years are female. 75% of our females are not caucasian.

We only have 1 AA member, who was hired 2 years ago (first generation Nigerian immigrant). He's the first AA that's applied.

We actually don't currently have any hispanic members except for our most recent hire who will be starting summer 2021.

We care about skillset and reputation. We don't care if you're male/female/black/white/brown/yellow. Except green - f**k green people.

• Haha
Yes, we tend to recruit from the same residency programs - 2 in particular. We're probably 80% from those 2 programs with the other 20% coming from a variety of places around the country.

We are roughly 25% female. 40% of our recent hires in the past 2-3 years are female. 75% of our females are not caucasian.

We only have 1 AA member, who was hired 2 years ago (first generation Nigerian immigrant). He's the first AA that's applied.

We actually don't currently have any hispanic members except for our most recent hire who will be starting summer 2021.

We care about skillset and reputation. We don't care if you're male/female/black/white/brown/yellow. Except green - f**k green people.
Well that’s good news.
So how do people apply if you guys never advertise?
Is it on your website where one can apply?

Well that’s good news.
So how do people apply if you guys never advertise?
Is it on your website where one can apply?

Overwhelming majority is by word of mouth. If we are in need, we'll call up our preferred programs where we still have many friends, and ask if there are any rockstars interested. Alternatively, if any residents are interested in our area, they will get put in touch with us through the faculty. We maintain a good reputation, so finding quality people locally isn't tough. We will occasionally get random applications (we do have a website). Once in a while we'll take a rando, but it requires a lot of luck/timing. Typically we prefer fresh grads since they tend not to come with baggage/bad habits. We have very much a team atmosphere/mentality here. It's easier to bring someone up in that environment from the beginning than have to re-train someone who came from a more selfishly oriented eat-what-you-kill type setting.

• Haha
Nice. You work in the same group as Salty? Or in Southern CA?
Just that every time I hear of all these “exclusive” groups that are hard to get into I picture a good ol’ boys club of White males.
Hope I am wrong. And if I am wrong, glad to be.
The demographics of the field is what it is. We (minorities) make up about 10% of medical graduates and something like 8% of the anesthesia workforce so I wouldn’t expect any anesthesia group interview with to look like the cast of Hamilton. While everyone isn’t beating down my door to offer me a job I’ve certainly gotten positive responses from plenty of practices where I don’t look much like anyone else in the group (including some on this very forum). In general, if you can play well with others, do the work, and get a reference from someone who will glowingly vouch for you, you can get a foot in the door for most places that have a need. As said above, for the “better practices” it takes a bit of leg work and “dice rolling”. Even my practice does a bit of the same recruiting style as Salty because we’re sandwiched between two residency programs where most hires have historically come from. I’m personally an outlier as all the stars mystically aligned for me to get my position.

Overwhelming majority is by word of mouth. If we are in need, we'll call up our preferred programs where we still have many friends, and ask if there are any rockstars interested. Alternatively, if any residents are interested in our area, they will get put in touch with us through the faculty. We maintain a good reputation, so finding quality people locally isn't tough. We will occasionally get random applications (we do have a website). Once in a while we'll take a rando, but it requires a lot of luck/timing. Typically we prefer fresh grads since they tend not to come with baggage/bad habits. We have very much a team atmosphere/mentality here. It's easier to bring someone up in that environment from the beginning than have to re-train someone who came from a more selfishly oriented eat-what-you-kill type setting.

Rockstar here checking in

• Haha
I applied to Saltys group during fellowship, Salty was the only one that replied to me 😂

I applied to Saltys group during fellowship, Salty was the only one that replied to me 😂

It’s even tougher to come in to the cardiac team as an outsider since it’s such a small group of guys. They really wanna have some 3rd party verification from guys they know that have worked with you.

I guess “He seems pretty smart on the internet” only goes so far :shrug:.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It’s even tougher to come in to the cardiac team as an outsider since it’s such a small group of guys. They really wanna have some 3rd party verification from guys they know that have worked with you.

I guess “He seems pretty smart on the internet” only goes so far :shrug:.
Quite honestly.....this seems par for the course with a lot of cardiac teams and I do understand why