This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rayatbh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I just wanted other opinions on this matter:)

I don't know if I should spend the summer taking organic chemistry (which would allow me to graduate a year earlier if I wanted) or physics - OR spend my summer continuing to do research, volunteer in some different things, tutor, and hopefully land an internship job.

Ofcourse, I would much rather spend my summer saving up money and volunteering, but I'm just kind of worried about having to take ochem and physics or biochem and physics in the same semester. I'd rather get one out of the way. Is this an unreasonable fear?

Also, if I take ochem in the summer, I will be ready to take the MCAT sooner which I could be a pro I think. I'm still not sure if trying to graduate earlier would be worth it.

Thank you:D

Members don't see this ad.

These questions basically hinge on what you value more and it's not possible for someone else to make that decision for you. It sounds like you've given the issue a good amount of thought and in the end, you're going to have to make that decision.