SUNY Upstate 2013...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mezmerized7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody get into SUNY Upstate and would like to go there...?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh thats great!!! I thought I was the only one on SDN.

anybody else out there??!!:D

:laugh: I was here thinking, ohh there is somebody else!!

Maybe we're just too ahead of ourselves...:rolleyes:

This is just a bit of current student info for you. DO NOT go to UPSTATE. I go there currently and I hate it. No it's not because I'm failing or w/e I'm actually doing quite well it's because it's one of the worst organized schools I've ever been to. My public high school was better. Also the area, wow I could not have imagined a **** hole any worse. The city is dying, half the buildings are empty and the homeless seem to outnumber the students. SU is near by but guess what we cannot access any of it. They hide this from you very well on the tour, the school is new but they forget to tell you they lock everything so your only study option is the library which you share with 3 other classes of med students, pt students, nursing students, respiratory students, radiology students and no its not large and no its hours are not great. There is no parking, if you want to park its 80 bucks a month so better live near enough to walk or you'll be bused in from a parking lot a mile away next to a hotel. They have a course called Practice of Medicine, where different doctors teach you the patient interview, exams etc. yeah well since they don't give the teachers specific instructions they teach you whatever THEY want...but yes you'll be tested on standardized things you might not have been taught. There are so many more issues, I just really wanted to stress to those that may still have other options to really look into them. You're paying a lot of money for education and Upstate doesn't get that they treat you like you don't deserve to have an opinion. :(

This is just a bit of current student info for you. DO NOT go to UPSTATE. I go there currently and I hate it. No it's not because I'm failing or w/e I'm actually doing quite well it's because it's one of the worst organized schools I've ever been to.(What are you referring to?) My public high school was better. Also the area, wow I could not have imagined a **** hole any worse. The city is dying, half the buildings are empty and the homeless seem to outnumber the students. (Welcome to Upstate NY, where better to have a medical school than a place where people have problems?) SU is near by but guess what we cannot access any of it. (At least it gives us Marshall St...) They hide this from you very well on the tour, the school is new but they forget to tell you they lock everything so your only study option is the library which you share with 3 other classes of med students, pt students, nursing students, respiratory students, radiology students and no its not large and no its hours are not great. (I have never had trouble finding a place to study, and they are open until 1am every night except Friday and Sunday.) There is no parking, if you want to park its 80 bucks a month so better live near enough to walk or you'll be bused in from a parking lot a mile away next to a hotel. ($80 a month is pretty good for parking on a campus, and there is plenty of very afforable housing available nearby.) They have a course called Practice of Medicine, where different doctors teach you the patient interview, exams etc. yeah well since they don't give the teachers specific instructions they teach you whatever THEY want...but yes you'll be tested on standardized things you might not have been taught. (The CCEs don't count for that much, and they just canceled one because the teaching wasn't up to par. That's pretty responsive if you ask me. We learned most of the material in Anatomy anyway.) There are so many more issues, I just really wanted to stress to those that may still have other options to really look into them. You're paying a lot of money for education and Upstate doesn't get that they treat you like you don't deserve to have an opinion. (What are you basing this on? The President had an open meeting a few weeks ago where we could come to voice our concerns.) :(

I would like it to be clear that this is the opinion of one student. I am very happy here, and so are the rest of my friends as far I know. Many of these complaints could be said about many schools.

PS to Medgrlsox21: I am pretty sure I know who you are, so if you want to talk about anything feel free to message me. FYI, we are friends on facebook, if you are bored without classes try and figure out who I am. See you Thursday!

I would like it to be clear that this is the opinion of one student. I am very happy here, and so are the rest of my friends as far I know. Many of these complaints could be said about many schools.

PS to Medgrlsox21: I am pretty sure I know who you are, so if you want to talk about anything feel free to message me. FYI, we are friends on facebook, if you are bored without classes try and figure out who I am. See you Thursday!

lol i know several who are not happy with upstate and i've spoken with several professors etc about making changes, grades, questions and they were NOT helpful I don't think its fair to paint this pretty picture for people when its not infact like that. You may like what you know because it's all you know. I'm offering real info for those who'd like real comments not the our school is all wonderful yay yay rah rah

also slightly odd calling me out via sdn...

Hey there, I think I'll be going to Upstate next year (despite the bashing by current students...)

I am a current student at Upstate and would suggest that if you are interested in the school and are accepted, do come to second look and think about what it is you want to get out of medical school. Syracuse is not a happening place, but I didn't choose the school based on the city. I had to take a few 2nd year classes for my masters a few years back before I decided to go to med school. Even then, I noticed the positive way which the students related to each other and for the most part, that exists in my class. I also had to round with multiple doctors and was impressed with their knowledge and teaching abilities.

I do have some issues with the school, as I would with any medical school were I a student there. That said, I do not regret being here for a second. I have found most of the professors and administration to be supportive. It is true that one of the professors let it be known that she didn't want to be bothered about grades for our clinical competency exams, but that may be in part how she was approached by students. I don't know. Her reasoning does hold true...there will be times in life you will be rewarded when you didn't really deserve to and times when you get dinged for something you didn't do. Get used to it. It happens to everyone no matter what profession they are in.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i know several who are not happy with upstate and i've spoken with several professors etc about making changes, grades, questions and they were NOT helpful I don't think its fair to paint this pretty picture for people when its not infact like that. You may like what you know because it's all you know. I'm offering real info for those who'd like real comments not the our school is all wonderful yay yay rah rah

also slightly odd calling me out via sdn...

Haha, I wasn't calling you out! I just was seeing if you wanted to talk about it since I had no idea you were unhappy. We all feel frustrated sometimes, and it might be better to keep the venting between classmates. Commiserating feels good, and anyway pre-meds on SDN have enough to worry about without people telling them their future school is not, in fact, a bed of roses.

Concerning the other points, I know for a fact that students at other schools have similar complaints. For me (and apparently Waywoe), the biggest draw to Upstate was the culture of the students. I haven't found anyone to be hypercompetitive, and for the most part everyone helps each other learn the material. It's really a school for friendly, down-to-earth people, and I don't think anyone would argue with that.

Hey congrats to everyone who was accepted. I just got my acceptance this week, so it's 90% certain that I'll be seeing some of you next year.

I have a couple of questions if any current students would be willing to post/pm.
How is the summer anatomy program? Would anyone recommend taking it?
How is life in Clark tower? Are you likely to get a studio (w/kitchenette) rather than a standard (w/o kitchenette)? Is it quiet enough to study or does it get loud regularly? Is the parking lot anywhere near the tower? How is the heating in the building (I lived in upstate NY for a few years, heating/insulation was too good in one building and I actually had to open the windows in Jan/Feb)? Seems like an easy way to find housing for the first year, but is it worth it?

Don't want to overwhelm anyone, so I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks for any info you can give.

I didn't take summer anatomy but the students who did take it have a lighter class load for the first semester which must be nice. Can't help you with the Clark tower question since I commute.

I'm a second year at upstate right now and wanted to jump in on this conversation.

I noticed that the other people posting from Upstate were mostly first-years. You should know that the first-year curriculum was majorly changed this year with regards to the organization and the presentation of material. So the fact that this is the first year that they have tried this new structure and there will be kinks that need to be worked out. It is definitely frustrating as a student, but hopefully it will be better next year.

I chose upstate mostly in order to save some money ($40,000 a year vs. $60,000) on the advice of most physicians that I worked with who pointed out that no matter where you go, you'll graduate with MD after your name. However, that being said, I often wonder what my experience would be like if I had gone somewhere else.

In general, I like Upstate. I love my classmates and we all get along well. On top of that, our class officers are fantastic at representing us academically as well as planning fun activities to make sure we get out every once in a while and socialize. So that's a plus for this school. On the other hand, I often feel extremely frustrated with the quality of teaching here. There's a handful of lecturers who are just not good at communicating with students. The problem is that these professors teach quite a few lectures, and a few are in charge of the whole course :( However, they are open to feedback, and already this year our class officers have met with course directors several times to express concerns and several changes have been made or are in the process of being made.

It's hard to say whether upstate is a good or a bad school, because it is the only school I know. I don't know if other schools have these problems or not. But it's not perfect here, but at least things are being done to improve what can be improved.

So congratulations on your acceptances!! At least your decision to come here is a little more informed now! :)

P.S. with regards to living, you should also check out Jefferson and Madison towers. Jefferson is very nice and Madison is pretty good too. (not campus housing, but still close to school and a lot of students live there) Clark Tower definitely feels like a dorm. Jefferson and Madison are actual apartments and much nicer.

Thanks for the information daisy...I think I am definitely going to upstate

MS3 at Upstate here. As many here have discussed, don't base your desire to attend (or not attend) Upstate based on one or two disgruntled voices on the internet. This year's MS1's are having a tougher time because of the new curriculum, as previously mentioned.

Like many of my colleagues here, I chose Upstate because of the students and the teamwork I saw compared to the other schools at which I interviewed. No school is perfect; I bet you can find a voice of discontent at Johns Hopkins too, if you look hard enough.

While it may feel like the MS1 year is going to last forever, it DOES end. Your lot in life is not based upon a single year. My class (2010), experienced some curriculum changes to a lesser extent (Shanley's class), and b!tched to anyone we could. In the end, the changes benefit us. In an admittedly anecdotal study, my classmates have a higher than national average step 1 scores this year, thanks to Shanley's renal path lectures and the d@mned MLC courses.

Syracuse is a small city in upstate New York. If you go into medical school here thinking your life is going to be as metropolitan as NYC, Boston, Chicago, or SF, you are in for a surprise. However, if you realize you will be (or should be) studying much of the time, and that the surrounding city provides all you need in the form of activities, you are going to be fine.

Syracuse is NOT East Bumf*ck, Wyoming.

Parking DOES suck, but it sucked at every med school at which I've ever been.

Congratulations on all of your acceptances!!!

Sorry about the wandering reply, but the Bills are playing. Any questions about clinical stuff, lemme know.

Last edited:
whats up guys,

ill be going to upstate next year. i made a group on facebook a little while back called SUNY Upstate class of 2013. i look forward to meeting you all.

This is just a bit of current student info for you. DO NOT go to UPSTATE. I go there currently and I hate it. No it's not because I'm failing or w/e I'm actually doing quite well it's because it's one of the worst organized schools I've ever been to. My public high school was better. Also the area, wow I could not have imagined a **** hole any worse. The city is dying, half the buildings are empty and the homeless seem to outnumber the students. SU is near by but guess what we cannot access any of it. They hide this from you very well on the tour, the school is new but they forget to tell you they lock everything so your only study option is the library which you share with 3 other classes of med students, pt students, nursing students, respiratory students, radiology students and no its not large and no its hours are not great. There is no parking, if you want to park its 80 bucks a month so better live near enough to walk or you'll be bused in from a parking lot a mile away next to a hotel. They have a course called Practice of Medicine, where different doctors teach you the patient interview, exams etc. yeah well since they don't give the teachers specific instructions they teach you whatever THEY want...but yes you'll be tested on standardized things you might not have been taught. There are so many more issues, I just really wanted to stress to those that may still have other options to really look into them. You're paying a lot of money for education and Upstate doesn't get that they treat you like you don't deserve to have an opinion. :(

I am also a MS1 @ Upstate and I am surprised that you aren't happy here.

• How is the school disorganized? In my opinion it's extremely organized. Each class gives us organized lecture notes. Videos and powerpoints to the corresponding lectures are available to us online. The faculty is readily available and clearly are there to help us. In addition, they definitely want our feedback – every couple of units they ask for our input to make the courses better.
  • Yes, Syracuse is not the nicest city – but it's really not bad! First of all, I don't have time to enjoy the city anyway! But, Syracuse has great restaurant, a few theaters, and a division 1 sports team (SU). And, it's great because we're in a city, that culturally diverse and it's not too big – it's a perfect size for a student. And as medical student –we will be exposed to variety of cases b/c of the diversity here. Also, there are some really nice parts of Syracuse, like Armory Square, Marshall St, etc. I never got the impression that they were hiding Syracuse University from us – It's a different school, not affiliated with Upstate and we have our own resources – such as a gym, library, etc. So why would they show it to us and why would we use their facilities?
  • I go to the library a lot – and except for the day before the test – it's pretty much empty – I think this library is great – the layout is perfect for med students who want to study! The hours are comparable to most medical school/universities throughout the country – it's open from 7am-1am Mon-Thur. and Friday 7am-10pm. Saturday 9am-9pm, and Sunday 10am-1am.
  • I agree with you the parking is quite expensive – BUT – 75% of the students walk to class anyway. I live in the Madison/Jefferson apt area and it takes me 5 minutes to be inside the hospital – it's very convenient. Parking is a waste unless you live far away! Most med student living in Madison/Jefferson/Clark Tower. And if you do have to buy parking – the rent is incredibly cheap here compared to other cities.
  • I understand what you're saying about Practice of Medicine – yes some people had better teachers than others. But, the course director had several reviews where she told you exactly what she wanted. My fellow classmates and I felt very prepared for our tests/clinical exams – it's really a great class and VERY EASY! The last average on the exam was a 95%.
  • No school is perfect, but I am very happy that I chose to go here. The faculty is very supportive and respectful. The students are extremely nice and helpful. The school wants you to do well – b/c it looks good for them! The Physicians that lecture always welcome students to shadow them. There are plenty of opportunities in the community to get patient experience in community health centers. This is really an up and coming school – by the summer we will have a brand new children's hospital – and we're building a new research/biotech building.

Student interested in coming here – feel free to PM me! I really love it here and most of my classmates do as well.

Woohoo, just got accepted on Black Friday!

Although some of the problems are true, you have exaggerated quite a bit. It is only 30 bucks a month to park a mile away, and a FREE shuttle that runs frequently - I've used this method myself. The "80 bucks a month" is more like 70 and it is RIGHT next to the school. Yes it is high, but there is a lot of competition for it! Buses run from all over Syracuse - just about hourly. As for the POM class, yes the teachers teach different things and yes the test is standardized - god forbid you teach yourself. However, we know the standards ahead of time, so surprises shouldn't happen too much. The library does have bad hours but I have always managed to study in peace, there are many options. We don't have access to much of SU. That is unfortunate and hopefully can be remedied some day because they have a lot of great facilities. They told me this on my tour, sorry they didn't tell you. It's unfortunate you hate it here and I understand voicing your opinion, but please don't exaggerate about the school. I love it here!

p.s. It's actually quite cheap as far as medical schools go, if you are a NY state resident that is.

Last edited:
The school is great! People come on here to complain because they are frustrated. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

SoCali

I read through the whole conversation and must agree that your facts are pretty off...Please understand that the premeds that are coming to this site are DEPENDING and EAGERLY READING our thoughts. So just remember how much you appreciated others being bluntly HONEST. Id correct you...but I see others have taken care of that..

With that said, I agree with SoCali, UpstateMD and BigRedder....and severely DISAGREE with medgrlsox21.

If you are a PREMED reading this...I am an MSI student who didn't want to be in NY. But, I am here...and I sincerely do love it. The staff and faculty are amazingly approachable and supportive. The atmosphere is of a general "crap..med school is tough...." There is no" I must scheme to destroy others to get ahead" I know students at other schools that would love to say the same...but cant. At the end of the day, the support here is what makes a BIG difference.

Syracuse, NY is a small city but it does have tons to offer if you actually do look. With the little amount of time you have with all the work sometimes its hard to make time..so some might just want to conclude as though there isnt anything. I am still trying to find that time to explore.

Courses...I didnt take courses in the old curriculum..so I cant compare. But, I am learning..and thats the point. By the point you get here..you have to be independent enough to teach yourself and do the extra work. Upstate trains and teaches well. The staff and faculty are very devoted to our success...

Theres always ups and downs to everything...not everyone is looking for the same things in their future.. So read this posts but DONT RELY on them.. see the schools for yourself to see if its a good fit for you.

I LOVE BEING AT UPSTATE. ASK ME ANYTHING IF UD LIKE. DO YOUR RESEARCH.:love:

How would I go about reserving a spot for the Summer Anatomy program and when does it start?

Is the new curriculum systems based? Do they try to synchronize all of your courses so that your focusing on one system at a time?

So far this school is my #1 choice. I loved it there! It seemed like such a supportive learning environment and the two classes I sat in on had great teachers.

How would I go about reserving a spot for the Summer Anatomy program and when does it start?

Is the new curriculum systems based? Do they try to synchronize all of your courses so that your focusing on one system at a time?

I wanted to know this too...

Congrats to everybody. I'm still not 100% sure where I will end up next year but I'm happy I can throw Upstate into the mix.

I'm in at Upstate and quite certain I'll be going there. Is anyone considering living in either Madison or Jefferson towers vs. the dorms, I've heard they are much nicer and still within walking distance. Anyone know if a good amount of 1st year kids live there?

Congrats to all who'll be attending Upstate :)

I really liked the facilities at Syracuse and had a great time during my interview.

But I forgot to ask a couple of questions while I was there.

Q. The class schedule for MSI and MSII seems to run from morning to afternoon (nonstop). When is there time to study and do other stuff?

Q. What are the hours like as a MS III and MSIV? when are you on call?

Q. What are your responsibilities as a med student during your clerkships?

Q. Will clinical life on the Binghamtom campus be different in terms of hours and responsibilties?

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm in at Upstate and quite certain I'll be going there. Is anyone considering living in either Madison or Jefferson towers vs. the dorms, I've heard they are much nicer and still within walking distance. Anyone know if a good amount of 1st year kids live there?

I was also wondering if most students live on campus or off. I have an apt. in the Strathmore neighborhood (and am looking for 2 roommates!) and am wondering if I'll be away from most of my classmates.

Congrats to all who'll be attending Upstate :)

I really liked the facilities at Syracuse and had a great time during my interview.

But I forgot to ask a couple of questions while I was there.

Q. The class schedule for MSI and MSII seems to run from morning to afternoon (nonstop). When is there time to study and do other stuff?

Q. What are the hours like as a MS III and MSIV? when are you on call?

Q. What are your responsibilities as a med student during your clerkships?

Q. Will clinical life on the Binghamtom campus be different in terms of hours and responsibilties?

Thanks for the help guys!

Hi, Im only an MSII so I can only answer some of your questions, but I figured it was better then nothing :)

On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, FridayThe first year classes take up a good chunk of the day. They typically get out around 330-400ish. Last year I found this still gave me enough time to study in the evening and relax for an hour or two. The first year classes don't start till 830, so I would go to the gym (gym opens at 7) almost every morning before class. I know thats not for everyone but it helped wake me up before class.
On Wednesday the classes end at 12. I usually spent this time either catching up on studying or running errands that had to be done during the day.
Overall I thought that there was enough time to study and still have fun.

The second year schedule is different. We only have class till noon on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We also start classes at 8am almost every day. They give us the afternoons off because we do a lot more out of class readying/ studying.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are a little complicated due to the Practices of Medicine (POM) small group meetings. Half the class has POM small group Tuesday morning and half has it Thursday afternoon. Then everyone has lectures Tuesday afternoon (usually till 5) and Thursday morning. The days when you have small group plus lectures seem long, but since its only once a week its really not too bad.

Since I'm not a third year I really can't answer your other questions. But good luck, and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

P.S. I really love Upstate, and have felt that it was well organized most of the time. The professors all genuinly care about whether we are learning. Everyone has different learning styles so you will find that there are professors that you click with and professors that you hate no matter where you go. Overall, I think it is a good school, and a great deal if you are a NYS resident.

Have any of you heard back from Upstate after you sent in your deposit by mail to hold your seat? (perhaps ackowledging they've received it?)

Have any of you heard back from Upstate after you sent in your deposit by mail to hold your seat? (perhaps ackowledging they've received it?)

Thanks BEMD for your response... I'll probably PM you with more Qs.

Corduroy: After sending the check, I didn't receive anything in the mail. But I called in a week later to confirm that they have my deposit.

Just thought I'd add that I got in to Upstate! Albeit over a month ago, hahah.

Not sure where I will go when everything is said and done, but I will certainly give Upstate the consideration it deserves.

I'm wondering, has anyone heard any further comments regarding the article about the University Hospital? Would any Upstate students care to comment about it? I found that quite alarming, given that I imagine we will spend quite a bit of time interacting there.

FYI, I received an email confirmation after I sent my deposit in. If you're not sure, just give them a call- they're very helpful and will tell you quickly! It's better than simply assuming they received it.

Also, did anyone here interview the first week of October, out of curiosity?

After I sent the check, I received an e-mail confirming that they got it. Just call to confirm if you haven't heard from them.

Thanks. I emailed them the other day and got a reply saying everything was fine. Phew!

Does anyone know what the deal is with the summer anatomy program? I received an application and would like to sign up; however, things may come up that force me to cancel and take it during the year...or I might not end up attending Upstate!

Has anyone got details regarding this application?

Can any existing students at Upstate help me understand study area choices?

I'm the type of person that can't study at home. I need coffee/snacks, a big table (that I can leave books without fear of theft, say a student-access only place), internet access, and above all...complete SILENCE. Hours should be at least to midnight.

What places at Upstate would you recommend for me?
Thanks!

Can any existing students at Upstate help me understand study area choices?

I'm the type of person that can't study at home. I need coffee/snacks, a big table (that I can leave books without fear of theft, say a student-access only place), internet access, and above all...complete SILENCE. Hours should be at least to midnight.

What places at Upstate would you recommend for me?
Thanks!

There are a wide variety of places to study at Upstate. The most popular is typically the library. The library has several different rooms with different atmospheres. Many of these rooms are designated as no talking areas, and for the most part students are very respectful of this. The Library also has a large room with computers (and a couple computer class rooms off of it) on the second floor. These areas are usually fairly quite. People occasionally whisper in them so I typically just wear earplugs.
Outside of the library there is a computer lab directly across the hall from the admissions offices. This room is generally fairly quite, and where I usually study.
In addition, there are tones of great random places to study in the two buildings. They have done a great job about putting very comfortable desks in out of the way corners. I love studying in these areas when I don't need to use a computer.
As far as students only, the library is student only on the weekends and the computer lab always upstate ID card access. I routinely leave my books in the lab while I go to grab lunch and have never had a problem. I've also never heard of any one else having problems with people taking their books. I still probably wouldn't leave my cell phone or iPod just sitting around.
Its really very easy to find study spots once school starts if you just walk around.

Good luck
BEMD :)

Congrats on gaining admission to Upstate. It's a great medical school and, if I had to choose all over again, I would still come here. I'm an MS4 who will be leaving, and I'm selling my house for a very reasonable price. If you're seriously interested, please read my other post for the details and PM me. It's located in a nice area, and would be ideal for married students and also those with kids. Good luck at Upstate!

P.S. We're still conducting interviews, and so there are places left in the incoming class. Hang in there if you are waitlisted and want to come here. Many of the best student in my year were initially on the waitlist. It has little bearing on your potential.

hey everyone,

could any upperclassman tell me which apartments they prefer when comparing madison and jefferson

Hey! I'm definately attending upstate this fall. I am currently living in the Syracuse area and am looking at off-campus apartments that are within walking distance. Let me know if anyone is interested!

hey, im defn attending upstate in the fall, just signed up for the summer anatomy and was wondering bout housing, clark towers seems pretty convenient but i cant tell if its a good deal or am i getting hosed.

UPSTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I'll definitely be at Upstate come August too! I'm really excited to get started, but I don't think I'm not gonna do the summer anatomy (although I prob should). I want some time to relax on the beach before med school craziness. I think I'll be getting an apt. in either Madison or Jefferson towers. I'm sure Clark's fine, but I don't wanna risk not having my own bedroom, and Madison and Jefferson aren't that much more expensive anyway.

Can't wait to meet everyone in a few months! I'm goin to the Cuse vs. St. John's bball game in NYC tonight to get in the Syracuse spirit. Go SU!

Yeh, i debated pretty long and hard about whether or not to do anatomy but i figured id do it since ill still have about 8 weeks of summer vacation, since my semester ends april 28th and this guy has no finals!!! You mentioned you werent sure if youd get a single in clark tower, is it really that hard? im starting to get worried i should file for housing sooner rather then later. Have fun at the cuse game, they need a in-conference win or there chances of making the big dance are pretty slim.

Yeh, i debated pretty long and hard about whether or not to do anatomy but i figured id do it since ill still have about 8 weeks of summer vacation, since my semester ends april 28th and this guy has no finals!!! You mentioned you werent sure if youd get a single in clark tower, is it really that hard? im starting to get worried i should file for housing sooner rather then later. Have fun at the cuse game, they need a in-conference win or there chances of making the big dance are pretty slim.
Well, it's not guaranteed - from what I understand, the singles are basically based on availability and how many students sign up to live in Clark. I filled out applications for both Clark (saying I'm looking for a single) and a one bedroom apt in Madison, and I'll see what they offer me.

Yeah, they do need a conference win - be nice to have a winning record. Hopefully St. John's won't be toooo much trouble...