Taking MCAT Prep class along with Biochemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postponemastudentloan

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone has taken an MCAT prep class along with another course that is on the mcat? I want to take an MCAT prep class for the guidance but I will also have to take Biochemistry at the same time because of the way my schedule is & I am not able to rearrange it any other way. I've heard mixed opinions because some have told me the Kaplan class teaches you the information so it will be fine, but others have said it only reviews the information and you already need to know how to do everything. If anyone has done this before, do you have any advice?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone has taken an MCAT prep class along with another course that is on the mcat? I want to take an MCAT prep class for the guidance but I will also have to take Biochemistry at the same time because of the way my schedule is & I am not able to rearrange it any other way. I've heard mixed opinions because some have told me the Kaplan class teaches you the information so it will be fine, but others have said it only reviews the information and you already need to know how to do everything. If anyone has done this before, do you have any advice?

Thank you!!
n=1, but I took the TPR Mcat prep course alongside biochemistry at my school. I found the biochemistry class went about 10000x more in depth than the TPR course (memorizing cell signaling mechanisms, memorizing EVERYTHING on metabolism, in depth bonding for enzymes, a lot of lab techniques). Imo (and I wish I would have done this as well) I would say do the prep course prior to taking the course, that way you come into the class with foundational knowledge and then can focus on the course specific BS.

n=1, but I took the TPR Mcat prep course alongside biochemistry at my school. I found the biochemistry class went about 10000x more in depth than the TPR course (memorizing cell signaling mechanisms, memorizing EVERYTHING on metabolism, in depth bonding for enzymes, a lot of lab techniques). Imo (and I wish I would have done this as well) I would say do the prep course prior to taking the course, that way you come into the class with foundational knowledge and then can focus on the course specific BS.
My only concern is that because I haven't taken the college class I wont be prepared for the MCAT. So if I were to take the prep class before biochem, I would take it in the summer and then biochem in the fall. But I dont want to wait till December to take my MCAT. Would you say mcat prep in the summer then take the mcat before the biochem class in the fall or do my original plan & take the mcat after the semester & prep class ends in December/January?