This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leenjerjos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I got accepted into the Scranton program a few weeks ago and wanted to start a thread for everyone else that got accepted or is waiting to hear back still. If alums or current students have any advice for the incoming class, please share!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all, I got accepted into the Scranton program a few weeks ago and wanted to start a thread for everyone else that got accepted or is waiting to hear back still. If alums or current students have any advice for the incoming class, please share!

Hey Leenjerjos. I just applied yesterday. How long did it take for them to reply you?

It took a little over a month. I submitted my application on December 4th and got my acceptance letter on January 12th. Fingers crossed! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I just submitted my application on Monday. Im hoping for good news! Does anyone know someone whos matriculated from the program and how many interviews/acceptances they got to medical school?

Hey! I just submitted my application on Monday. Im hoping for good news! Does anyone know someone whos matriculated from the program and how many interviews/acceptances they got to medical school?

Hey ivy3MD.
While I am not answering your question, I am encouraging you to keep hoping for the best! They reply fairly quickly. I applied on the 2nd of Feb, turned in all my recommendations by the 15th of Feb and I got my acceptance letter on the 28th of Feb. Keep your hopes alive!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey ivy3MD.
While I am not answering your question, I am encouraging you to keep hoping for the best! They reply fairly quickly. I applied on the 2nd of Feb, turned in all my recommendations by the 15th of Feb and I got my acceptance letter on the 28th of Feb. Keep your hopes alive!

Congrats! :)

Just got accepted!
Hey ivy3MD.

You are absolutely right! I just got accepted! Congrats to all those who were newly accepted!

Just got accepted to this program. So excited!

I received an email on Thursday March 8th that all of my supplemental materials were received and my application was complete. I received an acceptance letter by Friday March 9th! I just submitted my $250 deposit. Hope to see you all this fall. If anyone is planning on applying to the medical school without taking a gap year, I would be curious to hear if and when you plan on taking (or retaking) the MCAT, if you have to. @Leenjerjos has given me some great advice, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about how likely it is that the MBS students get accepted, what a competitive app looks like, etc. Thanks :)

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email on Thursday March 8th that all of my supplemental materials were received and my application was complete. I received an acceptance letter by Friday March 9th! I just submitted my $250 deposit. Hope to see you all this fall. If anyone is planning on applying to the medical school without taking a gap year, I would be curious to hear if and when you plan on taking (or retaking) the MCAT, if you have to. @Leenjerjos has given me some great advice, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about how likely it is that the MBS students get accepted, what a competitive app looks like, etc. Thanks :)

I know you get a guaranteed interview if you are in the top 20% of the class based on fall grades, have an undergrad sGPA of 3.5, and an MCAT of 502. They could still give you an interview without these stats though on a case-by-case basis

Last edited:
I have a phone interview with someone from the department next week, does anyone know more about what it may be about?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a phone interview with someone from the department next week, does anyone know more about what it may be about?

Curious to hear back on how the interview goes! Any red flags on your application that they might need clarification on, you think? I'm sure you'll do great :) best of luck.

Hey Yall I just got my acceptance email from this program and It is definitely in my top 3 since I am instate! Congrats to everyone who has gotten in and good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet!

Did anyone who got accepted to this program opt to have their app reviewed without test scores? Do you think this would be a disadvantage?

Did anyone who got accepted to this program opt to have their app reviewed without test scores? Do you think this would be a disadvantage?
I did, still got accepted

I hope this program is still accepting
They said they would be accepting until the class is full. I had one friend who got in last year a week before the program started. I'm not sure how thats possible but she is about to complete it.

Reactions: 2 users
They said they would be accepting until the class is full. I had one friend who got in last year a week before the program started. I'm not sure how thats possible but she is about to complete it.
Won't hurt to try I guess. Thanks!

Hey guys is the program still accepting applications? I just submitted my applications and its going to take me another week to get my transcript/recs in. Also any alum of the program lurking here that can attest to the efficacy of this program?

How did those who were accepted receive their admission decision? My application was marked complete on May 29th.

How did those who were accepted receive their admission decision? My application was marked complete on May 29th.
I received an email and then a letter a week or so after.

Congrats! How long did it take for you to hear back?

Hi! I was complete on 5/26 and then I got an email this past Friday (6/15) I got accepted. I am IS if that makes a differences (I'm not sure if it does). I did get a text about being accepted a couple days before I actually got accepted. The person who texted me from Geisinger was like "omg, I'm so sorry, it was a mistake, you're still under review, etc. etc.." But yea, that was weird. Anyways, best of luck!

Hi! I was complete on 5/26 and then I got an email this past Friday (6/15) I got accepted. I am IS if that makes a differences (I'm not sure if it does). I did get a text about being accepted a couple days before I actually got accepted. The person who texted me from Geisinger was like "omg, I'm so sorry, it was a mistake, you're still under review, etc. etc.." But yea, that was weird. Anyways, best of luck!
Oh, wow. I was marked complete 3 days after you, so maybe I'll hear something in the next couple of days. I got the same text message on the 13th last week, too! Something about completing pre-matriculation requirements and attending orientation on Aug 22nd, lol. I was so confused :laugh: Are you planning on attending the program or are you still trying to decide?

Accepted! :love::love::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap:

Was having fun starting my pre-matriculation list of stuff to do.

Last edited:
can anyone post the corresponding website for this program??

Hey all

Would anyone accepted mind posting there stats?

I'm planning on applying but there is no deadline on their website. Does anybody have a rough estimate of the deadline this year? Also does anyone know the success rate of the MBS students getting into this Medical School?

Seems like there are pretty late acceptances into this program (May onwards), hoping their stats are similar to those who applied early?

Hey Guys,

I got accepted into the MBS program for 2019-2020 back in October working on Pre-Matriculation checklist but if anyone is looking for a roommate or knows some good reasonable priced places to live in Scranton close to campus preferably defiantly PM me looking to sign somewhere soon.

Hi! Does anyone have any positives/negatives to say about this program? I was just accepted!

Has anyone completed this program and matriculated in the medical school? I would like to hear about your experience.

Hey, how's the experience thus far ? I am anticipating taking the mcat before applying, what do you think? did you take the mcat ?
My sgpa is 3.4, but my cgap is 2.93. I know they do not require mcat but I'm thinking it might help my application if I do well.

Last edited:
I submitted my application 11/21/2019, last recommendation was sent in 12/18/2019, I haven't heard back from them yet. I tried calling them but it goes straight to voicemail. Any fall 2020 students applied and are accepted?

How long do we have to make a decision after we were accepted? I got into the Scranton MBS program last week.