-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple/LKSOM Post-Bacc ACMS 2020-2021
Started by SAMBAA
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I kind of just did some research on what each campus offers because I also was not too sure how to answer the question. I ultimately ended up picking one over the other because it is significantly closer to my hometown.What really is the difference between the 2 campus options? I'm really not sure which one to pick
has anyone been able to apply using only your MCAT score and not entering ACT and SAT scores on postbaccas? My SAT is so embarrassing and MCAT is way better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RunLillian
New Member
I applied only with my MCAT! I emailed to see if I needed to enter mySAT/ACT bc the scores have been archived and they said that just MCAT is finehas anyone been able to apply using only your MCAT score and not entering ACT and SAT scores on postbaccas? My SAT is so embarrassing and MCAT is way better.
^^^^^Anyone recently invited for an interview?
Where do you find this?undergrad GPA of 3.3+, SAT score of 1350, 3.7+ GPA in Post-Bacc, no more than one MCAT with a minimum score of 509
I had an interview with ACHS and they told us the linkage agreementsWhere do you find this?
Yes, but it requires a certain undergrad gpa outside of the achs program, a certain post bacc gpa and a certain SAT score to be considered.
Does the ACHS linkage guarantee acceptance, assuming you have all the stats? Can you apply to more than one of the linked schools or only one?
You get nominated by the achs faculty for 1 school and that’s the only place you can apply. An interview is not guaranteed, if you interview an acceptance is not guaranteed. Basically the agreement is, you basically have an unfinished application when they are accepting students, so if they like you enough they can accept you given you still reach the requirements by the end of the post bacc.Does the ACHS linkage guarantee acceptance, assuming you have all the stats? Can you apply to more than one of the linked schools or only one?
When is your interview?Can someone who already interviewed tell me what the interviews were like? I am unsure about how to best prepare.. Were most of the questions pretty traditional (why medicine, asking to elaborate on your activities, etc)?
Pretty traditional and conversational. The open file interviewer was very well versed in my experiences from the get-go so I'd see how your app ties into "why medicine." Blind interview was standard, "tell me about yourself," etc. Both of my interviewers were very friendly, put me at ease, and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. You should check the Temple SDN page where many ppl have listed questions they were asked!Can someone who already interviewed tell me what the interviews were like? I am unsure about how to best prepare.. Were most of the questions pretty traditional (why medicine, asking to elaborate on your activities, etc)?
D
deleted1041774
^^ does anyone have an idea when the next interview is?When is your interview?
Mine is on May 7!^^ does anyone have an idea when the next interview is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1041774
Oh!! Hm feel I applied late maybe I’ll hear back for the next one if they do it. Good luck!!!Mine is on May 7!
When did you apply and have your application completed?Mine is on May 7!
Pretty traditional and conversational. The open file interviewer was very well versed in my experiences from the get-go so I'd see how your app ties into "why medicine." Blind interview was standard, "tell me about yourself," etc. Both of my interviewers were very friendly, put me at ease, and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. You should check the Temple SDN page where many ppl have listed questions they were asked!
Oh ok! Thanks for your detailed advice. Hope your interview went well! 🙂
(Did you think the questions listed on the Temple SDN page for MD interview were pretty similar to how your interview went in general?)
^^ does anyone have an idea when the next interview is?
Mine is on the 12th!
When did you apply and when was your application completed?Mine is on the 12th!
D
deleted1041774
Yes! When did you apply/completed? I received an email pretty recently in the past week that I was completed so I’m sure it would take time to hear back?Mine is on the 12th!
I'm in pretty much the same situationHey guys, I applied on March 30th and my CASPer was delivered on April 16th and that is when I got the "you are complete" email. I have not heard anything since then. Is this normal?
D
deleted1041774
Hm I wonder how many people they will interview following the deadline - maybe they are waiting for all the applications to come inI'm in pretty much the same situation
I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago. I received an email that it was completed the next day and received an interview email a couple days laterWhen did you apply and have your application completed?
Also, I applied for both ACHS and ACMS but I haven't heard back from ACMS...probably because I still need to take my CASPER test on May 4
When did you apply and when was your application completed?
I applied on March 31st.
Do you mind sharing your stats?I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago. I received an email that it was completed the next day and received an interview email a couple days later
Do you mind sharing your stats?I applied on March 31st.
Sure. cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.0 (I know, terrible 😢 ), haven't taken the MCAT yet but 1780 on SATsDo you mind sharing your stats?
Tons of hours from scribing for 2 years, volunteering in an emergency department for about a year, volunteering at the food bank. And I did a study abroad internship in which I shadowed doctors for a month
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And you got an interview for ACMS correct not ACHS?Sure. cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.0 (I know, terrible 😢 ), haven't taken the MCAT yet but 1780 on SATs
Tons of hours from scribing for 2 years, volunteering in an emergency department for about a year, volunteering at the food bank. And I did a study abroad internship in which I shadowed doctors for a month
No, my interview is with ACHS. I applied to ACMS but I have not taken the CASPer test yet (taking it tomorrow) and I do not think ACMS looks at our applications until after they receive CASPer scoresAnd you got an interview for ACMS correct not ACHS?
They said they’ve only had a hand full of people link MD simply because it’s harder to do and have those stats especially as a post bacc studentHey guys. For those who know about ACHS, does anyone personally know anyone who has linked to SUNY Downstate through the ACHS program?
Are you interviewing for ACHS or ACMS/BCMS?
If you’re interviewing for ACMS/BCMS; then do you know if there are other interview dates upcoming? Like did they give options of dates to choose from?
ACMS. Nope, they just assign you a date. I would assume there are still a couple of interview days left since the deadline is pushed to the 15th!
I got one on a TuesdayIs it true that they only send interview invites on Fridays? I think I heard that somewhere but I'm not positive
When did you submit your app?I got one on a Tuesday
I got one on a Tuesday as well! I feel like there's no trends or anything anymore - everything is a little haywire because of the COVID situation.Is it true that they only send interview invites on Fridays? I think I heard that somewhere but I'm not positive
Do you mind sharing your stats?I got one on a Tuesday as well! I feel like there's no trends or anything anymore - everything is a little haywire because of the COVID situation.
Do you mind sharing the timeline of your app and your stats?I got one on a Tuesday
D
deleted1041774
It takes about 2-3 weeks for the score to reach Temple but afterwards Temple will email you letting you know they have all your materials and your application is under review!!Took my CASper today and I know it takes a long time for them to review it but I was wondering how will you know when Temple has received it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm hoping to get my application to ACMS in by the 15th. I saw earlier that someone mentioned secondary questions, and I was just wondering where to find these questions on the applications. I've gone through all the questions for the PostBacCAS, and I can't seem to find the secondary questions. Are the secondary questions sent after you application is complete?
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much!
ak_34
Full Member
After you've added the ACMS program on postbaccas the secondary questions are found in the program materials section. Click on where it says the ACMS program and they should be under the questions tab.Hi! I'm hoping to get my application to ACMS in by the 15th. I saw earlier that someone mentioned secondary questions, and I was just wondering where to find these questions on the applications. I've gone through all the questions for the PostBacCAS, and I can't seem to find the secondary questions. Are the secondary questions sent after you application is complete?
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much @ahk_34After you've added the ACMS program on postbaccas the secondary questions are found in the program materials section. Click on where it says the ACMS program and they should be under the questions tab.
Does anyone know if we can use the CASPER test from last year?