-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Temple Post-Bacc ACMS 2018
Started by Rogue42
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got rejected 2 days ago too. 509 MCAT. 3.82 overall GPA, 3.77 sGPA. OOS applicant but go to school in Philly. Submitted 1/10/18 so I'm hoping to hear back something soon too. Last thing I saw on my application was that it was modified on 2/5.2/16. Just got rejected from Temple MD yesterday, so it would be kind of nice to hear something positive from ACMS soon!
D
deleted289061
Damn, your stats are really good. Are you sure you want to drop $40k on this program? Did you contact Temple to ask them why you were rejected? Maybe it’s something that can be easily fixed and you could reapply without spending $40+.Got rejected 2 days ago too. 509 MCAT. 3.82 overall GPA, 3.77 sGPA. OOS applicant but go to school in Philly. Submitted 1/10/18 so I'm hoping to hear back something soon too. Last thing I saw on my application was that it was modified on 2/5.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking it's cuz it was my 3rd try that I got a 509. Also, a lot of people say to call the school after getting rejected. Do they really tell you why they rejected you?Damn, your stats are really good. Are you sure you want to drop $40k on this program? Did you contact Temple to ask them why you were rejected? Maybe it’s something that can be easily fixed and you could reapply without spending $40+.
D
deleted289061
Yeah, most schools will tell you what you could improve. Maybe it was a third attempt MCAT or something else. Call them, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.I'm thinking it's cuz it was my 3rd try that I got a 509. Also, a lot of people say to call the school after getting rejected. Do they really tell you why they rejected you?
Can anyone on this thread answer a few questions for me? I have been trying to contact this program with no success.
-When calculating my sgpa. Should i add both undergrad and grad courses?
Should i enter repeated courses twice like amcas? Lastly, can they count my grad gpa for the gpa requirement?
-When calculating my sgpa. Should i add both undergrad and grad courses?
Should i enter repeated courses twice like amcas? Lastly, can they count my grad gpa for the gpa requirement?
D
deleted289061
What I would do is follow your AMCAS application identically if you can. If there are courses you took without them being on your AMCAS, then try to the best of your ability to determine if the classes you took are part of the BCPM. If you have some classes you’re on the fence about, post them or PM me and I’m sure this community has taken them and may have an answer.Can anyone on this thread answer a few questions for me? I have been trying to contact this program with no success.
-When calculating my sgpa. Should i add both undergrad and grad courses?
Should i enter repeated courses twice like amcas? Lastly, can they count my grad gpa for the gpa requirement?
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted289061
Also, I didn’t answer your other question specifically but yes, I would enter repeated courses twice. I’m not sure how to answer your grad GPA question but I assume it will be separate from your undergraduate GPA, mine was on AMCAS.Can anyone on this thread answer a few questions for me? I have been trying to contact this program with no success.
-When calculating my sgpa. Should i add both undergrad and grad courses?
Should i enter repeated courses twice like amcas? Lastly, can they count my grad gpa for the gpa requirement?
Thank you so much for answeringAlso, I didn’t answer your other question specifically but yes, I would enter repeated courses twice. I’m not sure how to answer your grad GPA question but I assume it will be separate from your undergraduate GPA, mine was on AMCAS.
Hey, did anybody hear back yet regarding BCMS interviews?
just got hit with a rejection
D
deleted289061
Sorry to hear that.just got hit with a rejection
I'm sorry as well.
It seems like they are doing a totally random review process... I was marked complete the last week of October and my application portal is marked as "modified" on 2/5/18 but I've heard nothing in regards to interview or rejection. Not sure why that is.
Yeah it seems like a rolling admissions process. I am quite sad of course, but I know it’s very competitive so I just have to move on to other alternatives and hope things work out! Hope you all have better luck!
Again, the CST program is different, however, that process was as seemingly random as this one. There were people on my interview day who hadn't even submitted the application. I got my interview scheduled before I submitted mine too. And then there were people who'd submitted back in like November/December (the interview was mid-late february). Idk how or why they do it like that. I suspect that when you submit your application doesn't have too much to do with when you interview. But perhaps ACMS/BCMS is different...
How did they call people for interviews who didn't submit applications?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted289061
@Th3Accountant was applying to the BCMS program so they aren’t sending ACMS rejections at the moment.
Has anyone gotten an interview notice since the last bunch of students who said they got an interview?
D
deleted289061
Nope.Has anyone gotten an interview notice since the last bunch of students who said they got an interview?
+2. Is this a plan A or B for you guys? I'm nervous I may have to commit to something else before hearing back from ACMS... 🙁
D
deleted289061
Part of the plan B. I have applied to 5 other programs. This is #3 on my rank list.+2. Is this a plan A or B for you guys? I'm nervous I may have to commit to something else before hearing back from ACMS... 🙁
Just got in for ACMS
D
deleted289061
Congrats!!Just got in for ACMS
Just got in for ACMS
Congrats! pls tell them to send out more IIs lol
Last edited:
Are you supposed to receive a complete email? I can't find my status on the online portal, but all of the items on the checklist have checks next to them
D
deleted289061
I didn’t get an email saying it was complete. I emailed them and they said it was complete.Are you supposed to receive a complete email? I can't find my status on the online portal, but all of the items on the checklist have checks next to them
Just got in for ACMS
How did you find out? Still awaiting my decision.. Anyone else who interviewed find out yet?
Portal was modified two days ago but no decision yet.How did you find out? Still awaiting my decision.. Anyone else who interviewed find out yet?
How do you check to see the modified date? I cant find that anywhere :/Portal was modified two days ago but no decision yet.
I received an email acceptanceHow did you find out? Still awaiting my decision.. Anyone else who interviewed find out yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you complete?
2/16
ACMS or BCMS?noiiiceeeee
ACMS or BCMS?
ACMS
ACMS
did they have more than one date?
did they have more than one date?
I have to schedule through the portal, and the portal isn't working. So I'm going to call tomorrow and ask.
I have to schedule through the portal, and the portal isn't working. So I'm going to call tomorrow and ask.
Figured out the portal. Interview scheduled 4/5!
Figured out the portal. Interview scheduled 4/5!
Congrats! Was that the only day available?
Congrats! Was that the only day available?
I didn't check because I was just in so much shock!
So once you get on to the portal, where do you go to schedule your interview? I just activated my account and i don't see anything about scheduling an interview.. also the invitation was vague on how to do so.Figured out the portal. Interview scheduled 4/5!
So once you get on to the portal, where do you go to schedule your interview? I just activated my account and i don't see anything about scheduling an interview.. also the invitation was vague on how to do so.
It'll show up in your task list a few hours later. I got the interview invite at 5PM, but the task wasn't added the task list (that little clip board icon) until I checked again at 10PM. I think it just takes time to update.
It'll show up in your task list a few hours later. I got the interview invite at 5PM, but the task wasn't added the task list (that little clip board icon) until I checked again at 10PM. I think it just takes time to update.
would you guys mind sharing stats?
3.4, 504, and out of statewould you guys mind sharing stats?
3.4, 504, and out of state
3.3 GPA, 514 MCAT and in state
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II a couple hours ago. Interview on the 5th filled up before i could speak to parents lol so I'll be there on the 19th of April.
If you care: 3.48 uGPA (3.44 sGPA), out of state, 511 mcat, surprisingly my application was complete only 2 days ago and they haven't even received 1 of my LORs (this LOR was in addition to a letter packet so i met the requirement)
If you care: 3.48 uGPA (3.44 sGPA), out of state, 511 mcat, surprisingly my application was complete only 2 days ago and they haven't even received 1 of my LORs (this LOR was in addition to a letter packet so i met the requirement)
Last edited:
D
deleted289061
Or... you could just keep waiting. I don’t think it’s safe to assume anything at this point.so if I didn't get an II through two cycles, is it safe to assume I'll be expecting a rejection? I submitted February :/
Yea I guess. I'm hoping I do well on my MCAT and get the score to them before I hear back. I was told that they only accept 10 people who don't have an MCAT score, so chances are pretty slim.Or... you could just keep waiting. I don’t think it’s safe to assume anything at this point.