This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful_vet2026

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Tennessee this cycle (2020) for matriculation next year (2021) and graduation in 4 (2025)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I have tried calling and emailing the admissions office with no reply.. Would you happen to know if they are requiring GRE scores this cycle? There is some contradictory information on their page. Thank you!

Hi! I have tried calling and emailing the admissions office with no reply.. Would you happen to know if they are requiring GRE scores this cycle? There is some contradictory information on their page. Thank you!
They are NOT requiring GRE this cycle (and this cycle only)! Also, grades of S or Cr are accepted for spring and summer 2020 classes

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First time posting to this thread. I received an IS interview invite postmarked 12:35pm central time today via email!!!!! I am shocked because I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon:eek:

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I have an interview coming up next week with UTCVM. Does anyone have tips or insight for the interviews? I know interviews might be different this year since they are on Zoom, but any information is appreciated. Thank you!

Hello! UTCVM c/o 2024 student here. I suggest that you prepare heavily. Pick a few stories that you've tested on others that captivate you, the way you handle stress, understand life and what motivates you. Structure your stories so that they can be succinct, but also broad enough to be used on a couple different kinds of questions. Obviously, you can't prepare for everything they ask you, and don't memorize word for word your stories (vet schools don't like robotic sounding interviewees). Try to relax ahead of time. Practice with a veterinarian. Practice with the mirror, or videotape yourself so you can recognize fidgeting habits and analyze your performance.

Recognize that an interview is what can both get you in and keep you out of veterinary school. It's 1/3 your application.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! UTCVM c/o 2024 student here. I suggest that you prepare heavily. Pick a few stories that you've tested on others that captivate you, the way you handle stress, understand life and what motivates you. Structure your stories so that they can be succinct, but also broad enough to be used on a couple different kinds of questions. Obviously, you can't prepare for everything they ask you, and don't memorize word for word your stories (vet schools don't like robotic sounding interviewees). Try to relax ahead of time. Practice with a veterinarian. Practice with the mirror, or videotape yourself so you can recognize fidgeting habits and analyze your performance.

Recognize that an interview is what can both get you in and keep you out of veterinary school. It's 1/3 your application.

Hope this helps!
Thank you! There isn't too much about interviews online. Are interviews more behavioral style? Who is typically conducting interviews? Is the interview closed file?

First time posting to this thread. I received an IS interview invite postmarked 12:35pm central time today via email!!!!! I am shocked because I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon:eek:
Are they only sending this to IS students this early? I applied OOS 1st time applicant to UTCVM, 2nd time overall

Are they only sending this to IS students this early? I applied OOS 1st time applicant to UTCVM, 2nd time overall
As far as I know, they have only sent IS interview invites.

As far as I know, they have only sent IS interview invites.
They usually do IS interviews very early (Oct) and OOS interviews further out (Jan/Feb).

Interviews last year (and to my knowledge, in previous years), were done by 3 people... typically a faculty member, a 3rd or 4th yr student and a community veterinarian. I believe they have your essays in front of them, but nothing else like grades or experiences. Interviews are usually pretty relaxed. Very basic, get to know you questions. UT wanted to switch to MMI style last year, but that fell through, and then with the pandemic this year... I'm assuming that wont be put in place for a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
They usually do IS interviews very early (Oct) and OOS interviews further out (Jan/Feb).

Interviews last year (and to my knowledge, in previous years), were done by 3 people... typically a faculty member, a 3rd or 4th yr student and a community veterinarian. I believe they have your essays in front of them, but nothing else like grades or experiences. Interviews are usually pretty relaxed. Very basic, get to know you questions. UT wanted to switch to MMI style last year, but that fell through, and then with the pandemic this year... I'm assuming that wont be put in place for a while.
Thank you!

@BigCatFanatic2727 how is it going over there?? Loving it? I interviewed this year for IS admission and keeping my fingers crossed. I should probably update my user name lol

TE="hopeful_vet2025, post: 22220718, member: 933433"]
@BigCatFanatic2727 how is it going over there?? Loving it? I interviewed this year for IS admission and keeping my fingers crossed. I should probably update my user name lol
[/QUOTE]

Haha, no worries! I am very much enjoying it, yes. It's sad that us first years are missing out on a lot of the normalcy seen at UTCVM, but I'm just thankful to be here. I'm very introverted, and so I don't really mind the online classes!

Hi Everyone!

I had an interview back in early October for UTCVM for IS. Does anyone know if they let IS students know if they have been accepted earlier than the February deadline?

Rumor has it that IS letters will go out in December again this year like they did last year.

OOS just got offered an interview for Jan 15! Any advice?

• Love
anyone else not hear anything? not even a rejection email.

it seems really early so i wonder if these are all early admission or something?
I also haven't heard anything, OOS 1st time. I thought we weren't supposed to hear back until December? That's what I wrote in my planner :(

it seems really early so i wonder if these are all early admission or something?
I also haven't heard anything, OOS 1st time. I thought we weren't supposed to hear back until December? That's what I wrote in my planner :(
I just keep telling myself that if I haven’t received an outright rejection, I shouldn’t lose hope!

The interview I had for IS was very casual. I recommend just being yourself, and asking questions.

To those who haven't heard back, don't worry. UT sends out chunks of interview invites over a few weeks sometimes. I wouldn't worry until you hear bad news.

--sincerely,
1st year at UTCVM

• Love
Have any IS applicants heard when decisions will go out? Last I heard was December, but wondering if anyone has updated information. Im getting anxious!

Have any IS applicants heard when decisions will go out? Last I heard was December, but wondering if anyone has updated information. Im getting anxious!
If they told you December, I definitely wouldn't start worrying about it until mid-December at the earliest. Best to assume things will be later than planned with our small admissions staff :)

IS acceptance!!! I'm in complete shock and so beyond excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
anyone OOS hear anything yet? today was the “day” per their website but still no email one way or the other :/

I think a lot of schools are behind schedule due to the surplus in applicants this year.

I’ve been hearing a lot of people say there’s more applicants than usual this year. I figured there would be less due to covid?
I thought the same thing

OOS interview offers will be hopefully sent out by January 8th - I just spoke with Deborah Shepherd with UTCVM and she said they're a bit delayed.

just received an oos interview offer!

Reactions: 3 users