You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tennessee c/o 2025
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
vet_ashlynn
UTCVM c/o 2025!
I hope so! I havent heard much from them since being accepted.Does anyone know if UT plans to host a preview day or accepted students day anytime this spring?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'd say it's probably unlikely, given the pandemic.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called in December to ask about that and they said they hope to let us tour in small groups sometime in March. I'm sure that will depend on how things are going with the pandemic.Does anyone know if UT plans to host a preview day or accepted students day anytime this spring?
Same! I’m hoping we hear more information soon. It would make the acceptance feel even more real!I hope so! I havent heard much from them since being accepted.
Awesome, thank you!I called in December to ask about that and they said they hope to let us tour in small groups sometime in March. I'm sure that will depend on how things are going with the pandemic.
Hey! Just a follow up on this, I called Deborah today to ask a few questions. She gave me an update about tours and said they most likely won't happen until May or June. The school wants to make sure tours happen eventually, but COVID is just setting them back.I called in December to ask about that and they said they hope to let us tour in small groups sometime in March. I'm sure that will depend on how things are going with the pandemic.
vet_ashlynn
UTCVM c/o 2025!
Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail from our acceptance? Or do we just get the email.Hey! Just a follow up on this, I called Deborah today to ask a few questions. She gave me an update about tours and said they most likely won't happen until May or June. The school wants to make sure tours happen eventually, but COVID is just setting them back.
I'm not sure, and was also wondering the same thing. I haven't received anything since I sent a letter to accept my position. Deborah did say they haven't gone through the letters they have received thus far. Since that hasn't happened yet, I'm assuming they might still send a follow up email or letter in the mail? But i'm not sure🤷♀️. Let me know if you hear anything!Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail from our acceptance? Or do we just get the email.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Typically when they have time to start going through letters they will start sending emails with follow-up info. I don't think they usually send anything back in the mail.
soontobevet1
Full Member
OOS student here, any updates on when acceptances/rejections will be sent out? I had my interview almost 2 weeks ago and I'm anxious to hear back!
vet_ashlynn
UTCVM c/o 2025!
Im an IS student and I had my interview in October and wasnt accepted until December, so it may be a while until you hear back. Good luck!OOS student here, any updates on when acceptances/rejections will be sent out? I had my interview almost 2 weeks ago and I'm anxious to hear back!
I remember hearing 4-6 weeks. I had my interview 4 weeks ago so I am hoping to hear from them soon!Does anyone have any idea when we should hear back about admissions decisions?
wannabeirwin25
Full Member
IS found out 8 weeks after interviews but my OOS friend said they told her 6 weeks max. For everyone's sake I hope it's soon.Does anyone have any idea when we should hear back about admissions decisions?
Abbeymoreland
New Member
IS Accepted! Got the email at 6am. Interviewed 1/15 (had hardship statement)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!🤩IS Accepted! Got the email at 6am. Interviewed 1/15 (had hardship statement)
savannahrr914
New Member
Do they send out acceptances for students with hardship statements first?IS Accepted! Got the email at 6am. Interviewed 1/15 (had hardship statement)
Abbeymoreland
New Member
I think they send out in state acceptances first, I just didn’t get an interview until later than the other IS applicants because of my hardship statementDo they send out acceptances for students with hardship statements first?
throwaway102
Full Member
Are we still thinking sometime this week?
I hope so !!!! I'm so stressed!Are we still thinking sometime this week?
This is the last school I’m waiting on to make my decision of where to go... if we don’t hear today I might go insane lol I just want to know where the heck I’m gonna be in 6 months😭
I spoke with Deborah earlier this week and she said that they hope to have decisions out by the end of next week for OOS students. She said they've been delayed due to a few technical issues. I've been driving myself CRAZY checking my e-mail because UTCVM is my first choice and I want to know so badly!! The waiting is killing me.
It’s one of my top choices too... and I have an acceptance to my second choice so I need to know so I can settle on a decision😩I spoke with Deborah earlier this week and she said that they hope to have decisions out by the end of next week for OOS students. She said they've been delayed due to a few technical issues. I've been driving myself CRAZY checking my e-mail because UTCVM is my first choice and I want to know so badly!! The waiting is killing me.
Thank you for letting us know!I spoke with Deborah earlier this week and she said that they hope to have decisions out by the end of next week for OOS students. She said they've been delayed due to a few technical issues. I've been driving myself CRAZY checking my e-mail because UTCVM is my first choice and I want to know so badly!! The waiting is killing me.
Chloemarley
New Member
I haven’t gotten anything either!
OOS Acceptance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp, hope they’re doing it in waves or else I am sad 🙁
Just curious, did everyone get their email at around noon?
Kahlia
Full Member
I haven’t heard anything 🙁Just curious, did everyone get their email at around noon?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No deposit 🙂 it was a while back now but I believe I addressed the letter to the admissions team?Does anyone know who we address the our letter of acceptance to? Like just the admissions team? And they didn't mention anything about a deposit in the e-mail from today.
Oh me either I am just wondering if they sent them all at the same time so I can expect a rejection tomorrow... SadI haven’t heard anything 🙁
Mine was sent at 11 A.M. Maybe they're sending them in waves? But if not, you still have your second choice school! You're going to be a DVM no matter what! 🙂Just curious, did everyone get their email at around noon?
rainyday27
New Member
OOS acceptance! I’ll be giving up my seat since I’ve accepted at my IS. Good luck everyone!
wannabeirwin25
Full Member
I spoke with my advisor who is actually on the admissions committee and she was surprised some people had heard already. They have a meeting tomorrow about admissions so maybe they'll send a few more acceptances out after that meeting. Until you hear rejection don't give up hope. For everyone's information, my advisor said they had about 1000 OOS applicants this year so the competition was high.
OOS alternate!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just removed myself from the OOS waitlist because I was accepted to my IS school, good luck to everyone on there! This was my first choice school so I hope I make another waitlister very happy 🙂
hopefulveterinarian
New Member
Wait, so does Tennessee not have a deposit??
As of last year, they did not have one to "hold your spot" like a lot of other schools do, no.Wait, so does Tennessee not have a deposit??
Your c/o 2025 Facebook page has been launched! You can find the link to it on the APVMA Facebook page. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
- Replies
- 42
- Views
- 4K