About the Ads

alissa14

squishy cat enthusiast c/o 2025
Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Nothing here (OOS) at what point do I start panicking?

Reactions: 2 users

LG1128

UGA c/o 2025
Nov 11, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hey guys! I was going through my email and realized that I haven’t received anything from Tennessee. Not even an update email. I just wanted to check in that this was normal and there wasn’t an issue with my email, because this happened to a friend of mine last cycle. Thanks!!

Oct 31, 2020
coffee shop
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hey guys! I was going through my email and realized that I haven’t received anything from Tennessee. Not even an update email. I just wanted to check in that this was normal and there wasn’t an issue with my email, because this happened to a friend of mine last cycle. Thanks!!
I don’t think I’ve received anything either, but I have in my little notes that I’m not expecting to hear anything until January (I probably got that from the site) so don’t panic yet:)

Oct 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I haven't heard anything about Fall 2020 transcripts, should I be sending those?

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
Dec 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS rejection :( Colorado and Tennessee both sent their decisions today and I was rejected from both. Too much for one day lol. These last two schools were my last hope this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS rejection :( Colorado and Tennessee both sent their decisions today and I was rejected from both. Too much for one day lol. These last two schools were my last hope this cycle.
I’m so sorry, I know how tough this can be. Don’t stop trying!! This year is even more competitive than the last few unfortunately.

Feb 8, 2020
Got a rejection email today but it said thank you for interviewing but we don’t have a place for you? I never interviewed with them?

Sami_21

2+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Got a rejection email today but it said thank you for interviewing but we don’t have a place for you? I never interviewed with them?
I got the same thing too! I never received an invite to interview

About the Ads
Aug 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?

alissa14

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS still haven’t received anything but at this point I’m expecting rejection...

alissa14

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I still haven’t gotten anything. Is anyone else in this boat?

Jul 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?
Where do you see that? A portal? Or do they say that all in an email?

alissa14

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I still haven’t heard anything! Idk of that’s a good thing or bad thing! Anyone else in the dark?!
Me! I’m still hoping no news is good news. I think they put out a deadline that all invites would be sent by the 8th.

About the Ads
Dec 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Where did you find this????

Dec 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I called yesterday and spoke with Deborah Shepherd, who's the admissions coordinator since I hadn't heard anything from them about my application. They've already sent out interviews to the 250 people they selected. Out of those 250, some will have already accepted to other schools and reject an interview offer. Anybody on the ranked list after those 250 people will be offered interviews. By the end of next week, you should know if you've been offered an interview or simply denied. I was told I was in the top 400 applicants out of the 1300 total (near the end of that 400 list) and told it was highly unlikely for me to get offered an interview this cycle. Hope this helps any of you.

Reactions: 4 users

MrsPolly

Purdue c/o 2025
2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I called yesterday and spoke with Deborah Shepherd, who's the admissions coordinator since I hadn't heard anything from them about my application. They've already sent out interviews to the 250 people they selected. Out of those 250, some will have already accepted to other schools and reject an interview offer. Anybody on the ranked list after those 250 people will be offered interviews. By the end of next week, you should know if you've been offered an interview or simply denied. I was told I was in the top 400 applicants out of the 1300 total (near the end of that 400 list) and told it was highly unlikely for me to get offered an interview this cycle. Hope this helps any of you.
Thanks for this info! I'll stop stressing now and chalk this up to a rejection lol

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS just received this email:

Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.

While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.

We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.

Kind regards,

Deborah Shepherd

Reactions: 1 users
Aug 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Got 2 rejection emails in a row from them. Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Oct 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Anyone who had IS interviews have any advice for how to prepare/things to know? My interview is coming up the 15th!

alissa14

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
OOS just received this email:

Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.

While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.

We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.

Kind regards,

Deborah Shepherd
I also got this email

Nov 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does anyone know if UT does tracking? Like you have to pick if you want to do SA, LA, equine or exotics.

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unyeetable Wolf
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
Does anyone know if UT does tracking? Like you have to pick if you want to do SA, LA, equine or exotics.
No tracking. You do have various opportunities for electives during didactic and clinical years, but everyone takes the same core classes and rotations.
The full curriculum is available here

TheGoldenMila

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2018
Anyone who had IS interviews have any advice for how to prepare/things to know? My interview is coming up the 15th!
Overall, the interviewers at UTCVM make you feel comfortable and the interview felt very conversational. Make sure to prepare for behavior type questions(how you overcame difficult situations, what you learned, etc.). Also, be prepared to speak on hot topics in veterinary medicine and your motivation to become a veterinarian. Good luck!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads