You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tennessee c/o 2025
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same 😅Nothing here (OOS) at what point do I start panicking?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nothing here (OOS) at what point do I start panicking?
They tend to send them in batches so I wouldn't panic yetSame 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I was going through my email and realized that I haven’t received anything from Tennessee. Not even an update email. I just wanted to check in that this was normal and there wasn’t an issue with my email, because this happened to a friend of mine last cycle. Thanks!!
I don’t think I’ve received anything either, but I have in my little notes that I’m not expecting to hear anything until January (I probably got that from the site) so don’t panic yet🙂Hey guys! I was going through my email and realized that I haven’t received anything from Tennessee. Not even an update email. I just wanted to check in that this was normal and there wasn’t an issue with my email, because this happened to a friend of mine last cycle. Thanks!!
Thank you!I don’t think I’ve received anything either, but I have in my little notes that I’m not expecting to hear anything until January (I probably got that from the site) so don’t panic yet🙂
I haven't heard anything about Fall 2020 transcripts, should I be sending those?
I dont think so!I haven't heard anything about Fall 2020 transcripts, should I be sending those?
goldenrgirl17
New Member
Has anyone OOS still not heard anything??
Me🙁Has anyone OOS still not heard anything??
Babykitty03
Full Member
Me 🥺Has anyone OOS still not heard anything??
Me 😣Has anyone OOS still not heard anything??
Me!Has anyone OOS still not heard anything??
daniamilys
New Member
OOS rejection 🙁 Colorado and Tennessee both sent their decisions today and I was rejected from both. Too much for one day lol. These last two schools were my last hope this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the same thing too! I never received an invite to interviewGot a rejection email today but it said thank you for interviewing but we don’t have a place for you? I never interviewed with them?
OOS rejected
jackfrost21
LMU CVM c/o 2025
OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?
Babykitty03
Full Member
Rejected, Good look to all other applicants! 💕
SameI still haven’t gotten anything. Is anyone else in this boat?
Still haven't heard anything 🙁
Where do you see that? A portal? Or do they say that all in an email?OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?
I still haven’t heard anything! Idk of that’s a good thing or bad thing! Anyone else in the dark?!
Me! I’m still hoping no news is good news. I think they put out a deadline that all invites would be sent by the 8th.I still haven’t heard anything! Idk of that’s a good thing or bad thing! Anyone else in the dark?!
Where did you find this????OOS Rejected. A little disheartened by the self led file review that says GPA wasn’t the deciding factor. My GPA is the weakest part of my application, but I have strong LORS, experience, and the works. I guess we will see in formal file review. Essays perhaps?
DogtorT123
New Member
OOS still haven’t heard anything..... anyone else??
Same. OOS and havent heard anythingOOS still haven’t heard anything..... anyone else??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called yesterday and spoke with Deborah Shepherd, who's the admissions coordinator since I hadn't heard anything from them about my application. They've already sent out interviews to the 250 people they selected. Out of those 250, some will have already accepted to other schools and reject an interview offer. Anybody on the ranked list after those 250 people will be offered interviews. By the end of next week, you should know if you've been offered an interview or simply denied. I was told I was in the top 400 applicants out of the 1300 total (near the end of that 400 list) and told it was highly unlikely for me to get offered an interview this cycle. Hope this helps any of you.
Thanks for this info! I'll stop stressing now and chalk this up to a rejection lolI called yesterday and spoke with Deborah Shepherd, who's the admissions coordinator since I hadn't heard anything from them about my application. They've already sent out interviews to the 250 people they selected. Out of those 250, some will have already accepted to other schools and reject an interview offer. Anybody on the ranked list after those 250 people will be offered interviews. By the end of next week, you should know if you've been offered an interview or simply denied. I was told I was in the top 400 applicants out of the 1300 total (near the end of that 400 list) and told it was highly unlikely for me to get offered an interview this cycle. Hope this helps any of you.
OOS just received this email:
Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.
While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.
We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.
Kind regards,
Deborah Shepherd
Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.
While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.
We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.
Kind regards,
Deborah Shepherd
Got 2 rejection emails in a row from them. Good luck to everyone with interviews!
hayley12
New Member
same🙁 oh well. always next year.Got 2 rejection emails in a row from them. Good luck to everyone with interviews!
Anyone who had IS interviews have any advice for how to prepare/things to know? My interview is coming up the 15th!
I also got this emailOOS just received this email:
Thank you for your application to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The University of Tennessee.
While not qualifying for the first tier of interviews, your application is still under review for the second tier of interviews.
We hope to be sending out notifications by March 31, 2021.
Kind regards,
Deborah Shepherd
Chloemarley
New Member
Hey guys! Is the interview closed or open file??
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Interviewers get your essays and experiences but not grades or other academic thingsHey guys! Is the interview closed or open file??
Chloemarley
New Member
Does anyone know if UT does tracking? Like you have to pick if you want to do SA, LA, equine or exotics.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No tracking. You do have various opportunities for electives during didactic and clinical years, but everyone takes the same core classes and rotations.Does anyone know if UT does tracking? Like you have to pick if you want to do SA, LA, equine or exotics.
The full curriculum is available here
Curriculum and Program Requirements
Overall, the interviewers at UTCVM make you feel comfortable and the interview felt very conversational. Make sure to prepare for behavior type questions(how you overcame difficult situations, what you learned, etc.). Also, be prepared to speak on hot topics in veterinary medicine and your motivation to become a veterinarian. Good luck!!Anyone who had IS interviews have any advice for how to prepare/things to know? My interview is coming up the 15th!
Awesome, thanks!!Overall, the interviewers at UTCVM make you feel comfortable and the interview felt very conversational. Make sure to prepare for behavior type questions(how you overcame difficult situations, what you learned, etc.). Also, be prepared to speak on hot topics in veterinary medicine and your motivation to become a veterinarian. Good luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them and they said they send it out the day before.Has any oos people received a link to their interview yet?
I hope to see you all in the hospitality "room" this Friday! Good luck to everyone interviewing. Relax and it'll go great.
rainyday27
New Member
Does anyone know if they want fall transcripts sent or do they wait until after you’re accepted? I’m OOS and just had my interview on Friday. This is the only school where I can’t find any information about sending transcripts or not.
Only if accepted and after spring semester so that students only have to pay a single time!Does anyone know if they want fall transcripts sent or do they wait until after you’re accepted? I’m OOS and just had my interview on Friday. This is the only school where I can’t find any information about sending transcripts or not.
rainyday27
New Member
Thanks! That’s what I figured, but I’ve had to send to 2 schools by February and another said that OOS didn’t have to. It made me stressed that I couldn’t find information on what to do!Only if accepted and after spring semester so that students only have to pay a single time!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
- Replies
- 42
- Views
- 4K