Texas A&M c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if out of state interviews are done separately from instate interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Should you wait for some time? maybe the portal not all updated yet.
Well they only offer like 10 OOS interviews, I'm thinking they update them all pretty quick.
I've dreamed of going to TX more than my IS (davis) :( </3

oh. I'm so sorry. (((( hugs ))))

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if out of state interviews are done separately from instate interviews?

Yep. All interviews are done on the 9th or 10th. I had a girl from NY in my group.

They officially took down the "interview" tab to get to the interview portal. Hm...

They did that for Class of 2017. It accidentally got put up early, then was taken down, then was live again on the actual date they said interview invites were going out.

I did click yes to confirm the interview. Thought that it is how they want us to do - confirm on the portal.

So it's probably safe to assume that if it's just blank on our confirmation page then we didn't get an interview, right? Darn!

I have the same question, SnoozyQ. I'm hoping it was only partly updated when it went up today. I bookmarked the page a long time ago and so I'm still able to see it but without a time/date. It may not be the same page they're seeing since it's no longer live - not sure.

They officially took down the "interview" tab to get to the interview portal. Hm...
GAHHH was at work all day, freaked when I saw previous comments, hurried home to check aaaaaaand...tab taken down. BAHHH. After all my neurotic checking, I miss the day it finally goes up!! :annoyed:

If you search for "interview" it still comes up. Mines blank. I'm OOS. I'm calling that a rejection. :(

Did all in state get date? or just some?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm shaking. OOS got an interview for 1/10!

Reactions: 2 users
How do you get onto the interview portal?
Is it just the supplemental application page? Thanks!

Congrats to all who got invites! January will be here before you know. For those that had a blank interview page, I'd wait until the official e-mail to know for sure. If y'all did not, indeed, receive an invite, my heartfelt apologies and e-hugs. I hope you receive good news from another school or if you have to reapply next year, that 2015 is in your favor.

Again, I'll be back around 12 on that Friday if anyone is interested in touring the school or want to know more about B/CS. :)

I feel like I'm jinxing it to post this before Friday but...Jan 10! Woohoo!

Just got my rejection email. </3

Rejected... and to add insult to injury they didn't even bother to proofread my letter.

Congrats to you guys that made it to the interview. I am a little bummed I got rejected, but we all know how hard it is to get the interview, so I wanted to wish you all the best of luck and say that you are so deserving of getting this far!

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing for me either :(

Oh, well, got to start working on next years application!

Congratulations to all who got an interview! Best of luck! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mine is at 10am. I'm planning to meet epivetlove afterward for the school tour. It will be great if you can meet too if you don't have other plan.

Mine is at 10am. I'm planning to meet epivetlove afterward for the school tour. It will be great if you can meet too if you don't have other plan.

That'd be great! Another rando question, but are you going to stay in interview clothes or change? I don't want to be the only one in a suit (or casual) for the bbq lol!

oh. I'm going to change. I'll be more comfortable in casual at the bbq event. You can PM me if you like.

For those who got rejected from TAMU, I wish you best of luck for other schools you have applied.
Even though I got invited for interview here but I can only feel relieved when I get acceptance letter. So, for now still need to pray for the interview to go well.

Good luck everyone.

I interview on the tenth, but I'm not sure which night I should go to the BBQ.. I wonder..
I'm thinking going the night before might ease my nerves, but then what if it does the opposite?!

My interview is at 7 am on Saturday.. I'm planning on driving up to CS Friday afternoon, so I'd love to meet with you guys if you'd like another!

Hi, it will be nice to have more company. My interview is 10 am. According to the email, it said we maybe there 2.5-3 hours. So, I guess that I will be out around noon-1pm. if you guys can wait for me. Epivetlove mentioned she will be at school around noon time on Friday. We haven't sort out the details where and when to meet yet as of now.

i will be working until 230 or so, so I won't be in town until 330. I might try to leave earlier, just so I can take time to unwind and take it all in without feeling rushed. Keep me posted when you get the details together!

Is the bbq at 6.30? Anyone remember?

@Aggiesvetgirl2013, are you planning to go to bbq?
For anyone who want to attend bbq event on the 9th, do you want to meet up and go together?

My interview is at 5:10 on friday! Congratulations to everyone interviewing, one step closer!!

So I have been researching the MMI format for the interview. Does anyone know how much interaction there will be with the interviewers? For example, do they ask questions based upon what you have stated or are you just talking by yourself for 8 minutes? Also I am new to the forum and will be interviewing on the 9th and attending the BBQ that night so hello and hope to meet you guys there! I will be flying in from Germany so I hope that I am not too jet lagged!

I interview on the tenth, but I'm not sure which night I should go to the BBQ.. I wonder..
I'm thinking going the night before might ease my nerves, but then what if it does the opposite?!

My interview is at 7 am on Saturday.. I'm planning on driving up to CS Friday afternoon, so I'd love to meet with you guys if you'd like another!
I think they want you to go on the evening following your interview (at least that's how I understand it). I can't imagine going the night before - I'm sure that night will be spent pacing a tiny room haha. My interview is on Saturday morning as well, but I'll be in town all day Friday. @epivetlove and @pipab what time are y'all meeting up on Friday? Can I join the party? :)

Interview on the 10th at 2:00! Does anyone have advice or sources to share?

@Aggiesvetgirl2013, are you planning to go to bbq?
For anyone who want to attend bbq event on the 9th, do you want to meet up and go together?

Yeah I plan on going to the bbq. We can definitely meet up and go together!

epivetlove and pipab what time are y'all meeting up on Friday? Can I join the party? :)

Sorry for not answering this sooner! Life has been a little hectic. I currently plan on heading back Friday morning and hope to be in town before noon. There hasn't been a set time, but I'm open to hear what majority rule is for any time after 12pm.

Less than a week (for most) til interviews! Get excited! :)

I'm so nervous, but excited! I can't believe they came up so fast. Any advice from those who are in vet school or have already interviewed??? I've just been browsing around the avma website and looking at some practice questions for the MMI.

Sorry for not answering this sooner! Life has been a little hectic. I currently plan on heading back Friday morning and hope to be in town before noon. There hasn't been a set time, but I'm open to hear what majority rule is for any time after 12pm.

Less than a week (for most) til interviews! Get excited! :)

Wonderful! I am driving up from Houston on Friday after I finish some work in the lab - just let me know what time y'all are meeting up and I'll plan accordingly! Gah!! Excited!!

Just be yourself. Breathe. It's not really an interview you can prepare for.

This may be a random question, but I've been wondering what to do with my bag/purse during the interview. I can't just be swinging my car keys and ID everywhere, but hauling my bag around from room to room seems silly too. Thoughts?