Texas A&M Pharmacy C/O 2019 applicants

Started by wiseguy87
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to all who have gotten in!! We can't wait to meet you all! For those still waiting, do not lose hope and keep your chin up!🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you post a sample schedule of what the time the classes are?

Hmmmm I'm not sure where I have the schedule from last semester, but the classes in the fall usually run from 9 am to around 2 (unless there's IPPE or trainings, which there will be for a while and it usually runs until 5). Test days (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays), you show up at 7:45 or 8:00, depending on what time the test starts, and then have regular schedule after that. There are also some days where the professors choose to have recitation, and that is a review that is held before the test and it will also be at 8:00, but those are optional. In the spring, you start at 9 also and the days usually end by lunch time, unless you have lab or IPPE, and Fridays we end at 2. Same test times apply. I hope that answers your questions. The classes alternate days and I know that I had to refer back to my schedule to see what was class was going on. It takes a while to get used to it. I hope I answered your questions, and if I find my schedule from last semester I'll try to post it.
 
Hey Y'all,
After much thought I have decided to decline my offer for A&M. I had a seat in the College Station location. I recently graduated from A&M and I enjoyed all my undergraduate time there. However, I have decided that I want to go on a new adventure for Pharmacy School. It was a difficult decision, but I did not want to take a seat from someone that truly wants to be in College Station. I know how high in demand that location is. So whoever ends up with my seat, enjoy your time at one of the greatest schools in the nation. Becoming an Aggie will be one of the best decisions of your life.
Thanks and Gig'em
P.G '14
 
Hey Y'all,
After much thought I have decided to decline my offer for A&M. I had a seat in the College Station location. I recently graduated from A&M and I enjoyed all my undergraduate time there. However, I have decided that I want to go on a new adventure for Pharmacy School. It was a difficult decision, but I did not want to take a seat from someone that truly wants to be in College Station. I know how high in demand that location is. So whoever ends up with my seat, enjoy your time at one of the greatest schools in the nation. Becoming an Aggie will be one of the best decisions of your life.
Thanks and Gig'em
P.G '14


Where do you plan on going? If you don't mind my asking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@student266 They started calling people last Friday. Only the top 50 or so Candidates got a call and they had to pay the deposit by today.

They go by rounds from what I heard. So maybe you'll here something this week or the next.
 
I officially declined my offer last night. This is the most hardest educational decision I have ever made. I was so impressed with A&M.

Good luck to everyone else.
 
Has anyone completed the background check? I got my results back but I'm not sure if we are supposed to fax those or they are automatically sent to the school. Does anyone know?
 
Please submit your FASFA 003632 is Texas A&M 's code. 🙂 Submit regardless of whether you know your acceptance or not...it will still need to be submitted into the system.
I got an email saying My FASFA was processed successfully. So what's next? How much for the tuition and will school contact me for more information on financial aid? I realized during interview Mr. Sawyer said this year there will be a tuition/fee increase for students entering 2015.
 
I got the call a little bit ago too and I'm in but I've accepted my top choice so I'll be giving up my spot. Good luck everyone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email saying My FASFA was processed successfully. So what's next? How much for the tuition and will school contact me for more information on financial aid? I realized during interview Mr. Sawyer said this year there will be a tuition/fee increase for students entering 2015.
I believe tuition is right under $7000 per semester so under $14,000 per year which is pretty cheap. You will receive correspondence via your email and the howdy portal. So for now you can relax ! (I called the office last week to ask the same question and that was their reply )
 
Does anyone know when's the last day they are doing acceptance calls? I'm getting so anxious waiting 🙁
 
Relax 🙂 ...they will be calling at least for the next couple of weeks to months...and people will decline which will open up seats. I know it's easier said than done but the happens a lot and it's not the end of the road yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Be patient! It's a long process. They have to accept people & wait for responses then adjust their availability, and make more calls and offers, and the process is repeated. It's only been 2 weeks, don't worry & stay positive [emoji4] worrying won't change a thing! So stay calm
 
Be patient! It's a long process. They have to accept people & wait for responses then adjust their availability, and make more calls and offers, and the process is repeated. It's only been 2 weeks, don't worry & stay positive [emoji4] worrying won't change a thing! So stay calm

I mean I haven't heard anything back from fafsa.😛
 
Honestly, I learned that once you applied and interviewed, there's nothing else that needs to be done on your end. So worrying and stressing during this wait will do nothing but bring you down: especially if you are in the midst of finishing your last semester of undergrad. Of course getting accepted will always be at the back of your mind, but let it stay exactly there. That way, you won't be constantly thinking about it every second of everyday. Best wishes to all.
 
Can you post a sample schedule of what the time the classes are?


Here's a sample of a P1 schedule. Professors, times and locations of each course might vary, of course.
 

Attachments

  • sample p1 schedule.png
    sample p1 schedule.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 219