Texas A&M (TAMU) c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how far they got down on the IS waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Since A&M uses TMDSAS instead of VMCAS, should I get separate letters of recommendation for A&M, or just make sure my references know that they need to send it to both services?
PS: Sorry if this has been mentioned previously. I looked around, but I didn't see anything.

Since A&M uses TMDSAS instead of VMCAS, should I get separate letters of recommendation for A&M, or just make sure my references know that they need to send it to both services?
PS: Sorry if this has been mentioned previously. I looked around, but I didn't see anything.

I've never used VMCAS before, but for TMDAS when you get to the LORs section, you will need to have all 3 people selected and entered into the corresponding fields at the same time (meaning you can't add one evaluator, then come back a week later and add another - it's an all or none type of thing). I think the easiest thing to do is have the LOR form sent directly to their email addresses - in which case yes, you will need separate ones. Technically TAMU/TMDSAS does not accept LOR, they ask for their specific evaluation form to be completed instead.

Members don't see this ad :)

I used both TMDSAS and VMCAS, and I just had my references send the same letter to both services! I just sent them an email with instructions and took the time the explain VMCAS versus TMDSAS and they all completely understood. It's kinda a pain that TAMU is separate, but you can totally use the same references for both.

For those on the alternate list, they were on #7 three weeks ago. Anyone feel free to update that though :)

I used both TMDSAS and VMCAS, and I just had my references send the same letter to both services! I just sent them an email with instructions and took the time the explain VMCAS versus TMDSAS and they all completely understood. It's kinda a pain that TAMU is separate, but you can totally use the same references for both.
Thanks a bunch!

So I was filling out the supplemental application for A&M, and I wasn't sure what it meant by "unsatisfactory grades". Do they just want to know about courses that you had a D or lower in and had to repeat, or any grades that you would personally view as unsatisfactory like a C? I'd really rather not give them extraneous information, but I don't want to leave out anything that may help me get accepted.
Good luck all

So I was filling out the supplemental application for A&M, and I wasn't sure what it meant by "unsatisfactory grades". Do they just want to know about courses that you had a D or lower in and had to repeat, or any grades that you would personally view as unsatisfactory like a C? I'd really rather not give them extraneous information, but I don't want to leave out anything that may help me get accepted.
Good luck all

I had one D and one C when I applied. I only explained the D on the supplemental.