Texas A&M (TAMU) c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe she meant tomorrow or Friday!! Not too sure but just wanted to share the update with y’all :)

I almost wish I didn’t know this because now I’m going to be going even more crazy the next two days :hilarious::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I almost wish I didn’t know this because now I’m going to be going even more crazy the next two days :hilarious::laugh::laugh:

Yes lol. I know what you mean. Tbh I think I would be crazy either way until I know lol :wacky:

Check emails! I am an alternate pretty far down :( Alternates please keep updating if you get a call. Congrats to everyone that made it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted IS!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Oh MY GOD... I got accepted IS!!!

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED IS!!! I AM SO SHOCKED. Hello future classmates! :D

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED IS!!!! I'm in shock!!! Hello future classmates!!!

Okay here is what she said!

Last summer it was 6 weeks with one week of break inbetween because of a grade school summer pre vet camp

It was June 19- Aug 3, Monday through Thursday

Lecture Mon/Wed 1-2:30
Lab Mon/Wed 2:30-4:30
Lab Tues/Thurs 1:30-4:30

Cost was $565

Does anyone know when/how we can sign up for this? Granted, I haven't even received my packet in the mail yet, but just trying to plan ahead lol

Hi y'all! Does anyone happen to have an idea of how far down the OOS waitlist usually moves, or when it starts moving? Any OOS people know if they're going to be turning down an offer?

So so happy to be accepted to TAMU. Feels right to get my degrees there in '11 and '22. Congrats to everyone accepted and I hope those who were waitlisted hear good news soon. :)

So so happy to be accepted to TAMU. Feels right to get my degrees there in '11 and '22. Congrats to everyone accepted and I hope those who were waitlisted hear good news soon. :)

Yayyy congrats!! I’ve been checking this thread today specifically to see if you got accepted. So happy for you! And happy for everyone else as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just to give you guys some hope on the alternate list.... IS accepted, but I will be declining the offer! I'm attending UCDavis instead.

Anyone heard anything about C/O 2022 Facebook page?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! For those on the alternate list, do not lose hope! While it does vary year to year, last year they went to #17 I think? The year before that they got to #22 on the wait list. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. Again, congrats guys and take in this moment of excitement!

Yayyy congrats!! I’ve been checking this thread today specifically to see if you got accepted. So happy for you! And happy for everyone else as well!

Haha I was totally doing the same thing!
@Vombatidae so happy for you :soexcited:

Just to give you guys some hope on the alternate list.... IS accepted, but I will be declining the offer! I'm attending UCDavis instead.
You are officially my favorite person because I am IS alternate #1. :soexcited:

Y'all are sweet on me already ;) Just wait, I'll pay up big - I bake, I cook, and I know teacher secrets!

Has anyone received their packet in the mail yet?

I would assume today or tomorrow (my guess) since we were notified yesterday. Still feels like a dream; I'm surprised that I didn't have nightmares that it wasn't real!

Yay! Congrats to all who were accepted! Get ready for a wild and exciting 4 years! Take it from someone about to graduate in a few months--it goes by incredibly fast!

For those not accepted, don't give up! These things have a tendency to work out, even if it's not the way we hoped it would go.

For anyone looking for housing, I've got a great deal on a place that is super close to the school and very affordable. I've been here 3 years and have been very happy. Message me if you'd like more details! :)

I've been visiting this page for a while (the whole application process actually) and finally decided to join!
TAMU c/o 2022, so excited to meet y'all! :soexcited:

Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! For those on the alternate list, do not lose hope! While it does vary year to year, last year they went to #17 I think? The year before that they got to #22 on the wait list. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. Again, congrats guys and take in this moment of excitement!

What are your thoughts on the new curriculum? What is your schedule like as a 1st year?

Anyone heard anything about C/O 2022 Facebook page?

According to the C/O 2021 thread, last year it was made pretty soon after acceptances were sent out, but c/o 2021 might have a bad exam week. Hopefully will be soon though!

Not yet but I haven't had a chance to go home. I did (finally!) do my FAFSA though. I'm so excited!

For those planning on attending - have you already started figuring out housing and the rabies vaccines?

For those planning on attending - have you already started figuring out housing and the rabies vaccines?
I'm in the process of looking for housing right now. Mostly I want to be able to find a place with a yard for my dog
And for the rabies vaccine, I know my insurance won't be covering mine, so I was planning on getting all of the required vaccines at the local med clinic at my school since the prices are comparable to cvs/a family med practitioner. I know some places have discounts if you pay with cash/debit (rather than credit) that help with the cost of the vaccines, if you ask about them.

I'm in the process of looking for housing right now. Mostly I want to be able to find a place with a yard for my dog
And for the rabies vaccine, I know my insurance won't be covering mine, so I was planning on getting all of the required vaccines at the local med clinic at my school since the prices are comparable to cvs/a family med practitioner. I know some places have discounts if you pay with cash/debit (rather than credit) that help with the cost of the vaccines, if you ask about them.

I am getting mine at Walgreens and the price is the same as the price from the A&M health center (info sent in the packet).

I got my packet today as well, whoop! I was a bit surprised to see that they only take 30 students for the anatomy workshop. I am really hoping to get in because my anatomy class was focused on marine species. I have quite the to-do list now!

Also - did the CVM first year scholarship link say that the window had passed? I emailed Jaime (scholarships) about it.

The class of 2022 Facebook page has been created! Search for TAMU CVM Class of 2022.

Just checked my mail for the third time today and no packet. I live 10 minutes for campus, I almost would have rather picked it up myself! ;)
Is there any additional information regarding the anatomy workshop? Specifically when students can sign up. I'm sure it's in the packet but I'm feeling a tad impatient.

Just checked my mail for the third time today and no packet. I live 10 minutes for campus, I almost would have rather picked it up myself! ;)
Is there any additional information regarding the anatomy workshop? Specifically when students can sign up. I'm sure it's in the packet but I'm feeling a tad impatient.
Gist of it: you can't sign up until mid April for it and they only take 30 students so it is by priority.

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

The statement on the acceptance forms "Maintain high academic performance in all classes undertaken from time of application to matriculation" is making me a tad nervous, because I'm currently in a physiology class that is kind of kicking my butt. Hopefully it'll be okay though! :rolleyes:

Also - did the CVM first year scholarship link say that the window had passed? I emailed Jaime (scholarships) about it.

I saw this too. I'm sure it's just a glitch... Just like when we couldn't accept our interview times for the first few agonizing days lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The statement on the acceptance forms "Maintain high academic performance in all classes undertaken from time of application to matriculation" is making me a tad nervous, because I'm currently in a physiology class that is kind of kicking my butt. Hopefully it'll be okay though! :rolleyes:

Are you at A&M? Maybe we could study together! Physiology is my jam and I'm currently in an integrated anatomy and physiology class right now - it might be nice to have a study buddy!

I'm not sure if I missed this (the 800 times I've read through the packet thus far lol) but do we submit a deposit when we formally mail back our accepted offer? I just feel like I'm missing it somewhere.

@puppers4life - My understanding is that we just have to email back the purple paper in the envelope they provided and then begin working on transcripts, vaccines, etc.

Are you at A&M? Maybe we could study together! Physiology is my jam and I'm currently in an integrated anatomy and physiology class right now - it might be nice to have a study buddy!

Yes! I love phys, but definitely is a challenge. I’m currently in VTPP 423 :)

I saw more than 150 members in past Facebook classes. Does that mean anyone can join? I'd like to see the posts for future reference. :joyful:

There’s some upperclassmen in the page.

Has anyone tried to submit the application for the first year scholarship? It asks for UIN, and I'm unsure about what I should fill in for that.

Yes! I love phys, but definitely is a challenge. I’m currently in VTPP 423 :)

So I've heard. I took Dr. Blue-Mclendon's VTPP 323 last semester and am in BIOL 319 right now. Let me know if you'd like to meet up! I have a lab practical tomorrow and work all day Friday, but my weekend is pretty open. If nothing else we can bounce questions off each other!

To anyone shopping around for their vaccines, I got partial coverage of the rabies series and full coverage of bacterial meningitis and tetanus vaccines with Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance at Baylor Scott & White (Mandy Pockrus, MD). It may be worth it to ask your insurance if they would cover it there!

@tattguy - It is your student number. I just so happen to remember the one I had in 2008 :) I would call Jaime directly to ask.