Texas A&M (TAMU) c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of y’all remember who we contact for sending out thank you letters ? I know it started with a “p” lol

Members don't see this ad.

You are absolutely not alone! I feel like I may have fell flat on my face lol, but then again I've talked to current students who felt the same way and were accepted. This is my top school, so I'm just trying to remain hopeful until March. Good luck to you all and happy waiting!
If it makes you feel any better, the lady (Karen, I believe) told me during the question portion after the video that we should all be notified by the end of February so that's what I'm banking on. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi 2022 Applicants!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I am relieved that portion of the process is over My interview was on the 6th! I think it went okay.... but who knows lol. Trying to stay positive.

I can’t believe I didn’t know about this thread!!! Glad I am not alone in this waiting period!

Hey guys,

I lost my pink sheet that we got after the interview. Was the only info on it what prereqs we are missing and that we need to send our Fall 2017 transcripts?

or if someone can post the paper on here somehow, that would be great. thanks!

Hey guys,

I lost my pink sheet that we got after the interview. Was the only info on it what prereqs we are missing and that we need to send our Fall 2017 transcripts?

The pink sheet said:
1.Have Fall Transcripts turned into TMDSAS by January 17th
2.What Prereqs you are deficit in (if any) - can also call Yolanda if super unsure about this
3.If denied entry into the program, the admissions office will be hold an admissions workshop for those interviewed with more details to follow.

What'd y'all like/dislike about the MMI? What's the process for it? I've not been paying that much attention to the whole vet school application process but pretty frequently get asked questions about it at work and don't really know much about the new format :/

Hello,

I did two MMIs this year as well as the traditional style. My favorite was the MMI, yes, but specifically with TAMU. I liked:

1. We had paper in which we could take notes on during our two minutes to read the scenario. This allowed me to remember some points that I would otherwise have forgotten once in the room.
2. The format - 2 minute break, 2 minutes to read/take notes, 6 minutes to discuss.
3. Everyone has an equal opportunity - you can't "cheat" or simply brag about all of your accomplishments - it is truly a unique way to assess personal characteristics.
4. If we finished early we were allowed to ask questions or talk about other items. Another school had the people literally stare at us in silence and it was uncomfortable for everyone.
5. We were prepared thoroughly with a 15 minute video and time with Dr. Cornell to discuss and ask any questions.
6. Everyone was very friendly, calm, and excited to see us - even though they were trained to remain neutral.
7. Everything ran seamlessly and nothing felt forced or "showy". Everyone treated us with respect and like we are applying for an intense medical school experience, not like we were kids (some schools made me feel this way- it was odd).

I actually enjoyed this MMI and found it to be both stimulating and fun. For me, I already had A&M as my top choice but this truly sealed the deal for me. Hope this info helps!

Hello all!
Glad to know I'm not the only one obsessing over this. Any idea how much longer until we hear? I applied OOS and my interview was on the 5th, I wonder if any of us ran into each other there. As for the MMI, I personally felt the same about it as traditional interviews. I prefer traditional interviews since I have had more experience with them but now that I know how the MMI works, it wasn't bad at all.
Good luck to everyone and keep us posted!

Reactions: 1 users
We should hear back by the end of February but probably closer to mid February

We should hear back by the end of February but probably closer to mid February

Just out of curiosity why do you say mid-February? Last year they found out around Feb 27 but I would
be thrilled to find out it could be earlier!!

Just out of curiosity why do you say mid-February? Last year they found out around Feb 27 but I would
be thrilled to find out it could be earlier!!
They have heard as soon as February 18th before from what I’ve heard. It all just depends on how fast TMDSAS processes transcripts to calculate new grades. Once they’re done, TAMU begins to review applicants. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

At my interview they said possibly the last week of February but it was more likely to be early March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any news on when we should be hearing from tamu?

Online just says Mid-March. My interview said hopefully by the end of February - guess we'll see. I'm so anxious - this is my number 1.

I've heard they are aiming to send out decision emails on February 26, but it just depends how quickly they received everyone's transcript and can process everything.

Then let the 3 week countdown begin?? :)

Online just says Mid-March. My interview said hopefully by the end of February - guess we'll see. I'm so anxious - this is my number 1.
Right there with ya! So anxious!!

Seriously. Last year flew by!! But now the end of February seems like forever away.

Hopefully 10 days left! :banana: Good luck y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
Longest 10 days of my life!!! Good luck everyone

Does anyone know what the numbers are with decisions after interviews?? I saw online the class stats have how many are accepted, but not how many typically split between waitlist and rejection.:shrug:

No, sadly. A lot of their stats are old too.

I'm just ready to hear back and start planning the next phase of my life, whatever it is.

Same! I already know what apartment I want. Has anybody emailed them to find out whats taking so long?? I've heard back from every other school I applied to

Same! I already know what apartment I want. Has anybody emailed them to find out whats taking so long?? I've heard back from every other school I applied to

Historically they have always sent out acceptances at the end of February. It’s just how it is due to TMDSAS. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is be patient

@Dimples DVM - does that mean that A&M is your number 1?

If we get into A&M, is anyone looking for a roommate? It will be odd for me to move out of my house with my fiance to move in with a stranger . . . I figured it would be worth it:

1. Cheaper
2. Share at home animal duty (hopefully pets would get more people time if I don't live alone)
3. Study buddy

I'm debating between an apartment and renting a house. In reality I wish I could buy a second house and pimp out the living room with technology to make it an at-home study room. I know a lot of people say that sometimes the BIMS students are in the vet study area/take over. In my head I have a huge whiteboard, a projector with hookups, a big study table for friends, and a coffee bar in the kitchen. I guess it's time to start looking on Craig's list :)

@Dimples DVM - does that mean that A&M is your number 1?

If we get into A&M, is anyone looking for a roommate? It will be odd for me to move out of my house with my fiance to move in with a stranger . . . I figured it would be worth it:

1. Cheaper
2. Share at home animal duty (hopefully pets would get more people time if I don't live alone)
3. Study buddy

I'm debating between an apartment and renting a house. In reality I wish I could buy a second house and pimp out the living room with technology to make it an at-home study room. I know a lot of people say that sometimes the BIMS students are in the vet study area/take over. In my head I have a huge whiteboard, a projector with hookups, a big study table for friends, and a coffee bar in the kitchen. I guess it's time to start looking on Craig's list :)
Yes it is, even over my in-state school! I was looking at a 1 bedroom but your idea sounds like the dream place!

@Dimples DVM - I'm a teacher. So basically I want to recreate my classroom with student loan money ;)

I cannot stop checking my email!!

Saaaame. No news but I read the last few years of conversations/threads and they heard around this time.

I thought I was the only one! I was accepted OOS, but let’s be real, OOS tuition is frightening:nailbiting:. One of my professors told me they were recently told, “at the end of the month”. Hopefully that’s true and we should hear back reeeeeeeeeally soon, end of month is next week! Eeeeep!

Reactions: 3 users
Last year they found out the last Monday of February, which would be this coming Monday.

I'm getting so anxious!!! Still thinking it's going to be Monday. So close, yet so far!

Did you hear decisions were already going out?

No I have not heard anything, just looked back at a few of the previous threads. Glad I’m not the only one, Vombatidae

Sorry if I gave a false alarm, I’m just going a little crazy over here lol

Does anyone know the expected timeline for the anatomy boot camp? I thought I heard the end of June through the beginning of August but not sure. I'm interviewing for the zoo tomorrow for a summer camp job but do not want to commit if we really don't have much of a summer because of the anatomy course. Second to that, I would assume it costs money - anyone hear anything on that either?

Does anyone know the expected timeline for the anatomy boot camp? I thought I heard the end of June through the beginning of August but not sure. I'm interviewing for the zoo tomorrow for a summer camp job but do not want to commit if we really don't have much of a summer because of the anatomy course. Second to that, I would assume it costs money - anyone hear anything on that either?

I just asked a friend of mine who is a first year. She took it last summer. I’ll let you know when she replies :)

I just asked a friend of mine who is a first year. She took it last summer. I’ll let you know when she replies :)

Okay here is what she said!

Last summer it was 6 weeks with one week of break inbetween because of a grade school summer pre vet camp

It was June 19- Aug 3, Monday through Thursday

Lecture Mon/Wed 1-2:30
Lab Mon/Wed 2:30-4:30
Lab Tues/Thurs 1:30-4:30

Cost was $565

Hey guys!! Out of state applicants were notified on Friday and were told that in state applicants will be sent emails this week!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!! Out of state applicants were notified on Friday and were told that in state applicants will be sent emails this week!!
Whhhaaattt??? Now I'm going to be frantically checking my email for the next two days lol

Whhhaaattt??? Now I'm going to be frantically checking my email for the next two days lol

I know right!?! I didn’t know I could check it any more than I already was LOL

upload_2018-2-21_22-32-23.png

Reactions: 5 users
This week as in tomorrow or Friday or as in this coming week?

This week as in tomorrow or Friday or as in this coming week?

I believe she meant tomorrow or Friday!! Not too sure but just wanted to share the update with y’all :)