Texas DPT Schools 2020-2021 Wave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School: SUNY Cortland

Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Science

GPA: 3.78 (calculated via PTCAS)

pre-req GPA: 3.9? not 100% sure

GRE: 150V, 156Q, 4.5 AW

Hours: 58 Hours in pediatric PT facility, 15 hours of in-home PT, 100 hours of Freestanding PT clinic

Extracurricular: Member of Cortland Gymnastics team and captain, Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, member of the NSLS leadership society.

Work: Facility Supervisor at a workout facility (currently), Childcare provider (1 year), special events intern, summer camp instructor (2 summers), gymnastics coach (3 years), nursery worker for childcare (4 years)

Volunteer: Habitat for Humanity, Empty bowls, Handstand Together, Cortland Community Gymnastics Program, Bexar County Medical Society, Youth Serve

Applied to: ASU, TSU, UTHSC, UTSW, USciences (Philadelphia), SUNY Upstate (new york), UNT (all submitted on 9/27 ish)

Interviews: ASU (received 10/12), SUNY (received 9/28), USciences (received10/13), Texas State (received 11/6), UTSW (received 11/6)

Waitlisted:

Acceptances: Usciences! (11/2)

Rejections: UNT (10/21)
UPDATE: got an interview with UTSW! It's on December 4th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anybody have an interview for UNTHSC this Friday, November 6th? If so, has anybody received any notification yet. I know it’s so soon but I’m so nervous and wanted to know if anybody has received anything.

I also interviewed Nov 6 and haven’t heard anything!
Did anybody have an interview for UNTHSC this Friday, November 6th? If so, has anybody received any notification yet. I know it’s so soon but I’m so nervous and wanted to know if anybody has received anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE: got an interview with UTSW! It's on December 4th
Congratulations! When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on 9/21 and still haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not sure how to feel.

Anybody who interviewed with Texas Tech (Lubbock) on 10/23/2020 receive an acceptance?

Congratulations! When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on 9/21 and still haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not sure how to feel.
I think I had everything submitted by the end of September (around the same time as you) and it was radio silence until 4 days ago. I am not sure how they go about reaching out to each person but I'm hoping for the best for you! Have you checked to make sure everything is submitted?

I think I had everything submitted by the end of September (around the same time as you) and it was radio silence until 4 days ago. I am not sure how they go about reaching out to each person but I'm hoping for the best for you! Have you checked to make sure everything is submitted?
Actually now that I think about it, everything probably wasn’t fully in until a bit later because I didn’t realize I had to complete the Texas Residency Questionnare until a bit after. Thanks so much for your response, that’s helpful!

Reactions: 1 user
I still have not heard back from Texas State, is anyone else having the same problem? Unsure if I should call/email them or not. Website says they’ll reach out by nov 6th???

How was the interview for Texas Tech for those of you that interviewed with them?

I still have not heard back from Texas State, is anyone else having the same problem? Unsure if I should call/email them or not. Website says they’ll reach out by nov 6th???
I heard from another applicant that they had a record number of applicants this cycle so they are running a bit behind on getting all of the responses out! They are supposed to be still sending them out, but maybe sending an email just to check in wouldn't hurt? Wishing you the best!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from UTHSCSA? Or is all hope pretty much gone at this point?..

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone still waiting to hear from UTHSCSA? Or is all hope pretty much gone at this point?..
I haven't heard anything from them either, I was hoping they would just be getting around to it eventually, but losing hope.

I haven't heard anything from them either, I was hoping they would just be getting around to it eventually, but losing hope.
I got an interview from them October 14 for their first interview and they interviewed last Friday! I just declined since I got into my top choice (UTSW).

I have not heard anything from them. On September 28th I received an email saying my application is now being sent to faculty for review. Haven’t heard anything since then.

I have not heard anything from them. On September 28th I received an email saying my application is now being sent to faculty for review. Haven’t heard anything since then.
Hey! I wouldn’t worry too much if you haven’t received anything from UTHSCSA yet. I received my rejection email pretty fast. With TXST they’re running a little behind. A friend of mine who applied to that program said they plan on getting everyone’s responses out by the end of this week. I think that the people who have already received a reply from them may have applied earlier in the cycle! But I would say for San Antonio no news yet is probably good news, that means they’re still considering your application!

I heard from another applicant that they had a record number of applicants this cycle so they are running a bit behind on getting all of the responses out! They are supposed to be still sending them out, but maybe sending an email just to check in wouldn't hurt? Wishing you the best!
Thank you so much! Yes I will do that.

Congratulations! Are you accepting or waiting on other schools?
Thanks!! I haven’t heard back from the 4 other programs I applied to but my decision to TWU is due on December 3rd so if I don’t hear word in the next few weeks then I plan on accepting.

Thanks!! I haven’t heard back from the 4 other programs I applied to but my decision to TWU is due on December 3rd so if I don’t hear word in the next few weeks then I plan on accepting.
Awesome, well good luck and congrats once again!

Has anyone heard anything from UTHSCSA? I applied/verified mid August.

Has anyone heard anything from UTHSCSA? I applied/verified mid August.
Some people have been accepted, some rejected. I emailed a follow up and they said it was still under review. No news is good news I guess?

Got accepted to SUNY Upstate (new york) this morning!

Old Dominion University
Major: Exercise Science Pre-PT Track (2019)
Overall GPA: 3.3
Last 60 credits: 3.7
Pre-Req: 3.7-3.8 (depending on school)
GRE: V152, Q147, AW4.0
Observation hours: ~2000 outpatient (work as PT aide), 20 inpatient, 12 pediatrics/home health
EC: migrant outreach clinic volunteer, gymnastics meet health team volunteer, boys and girls club of america...did lots of volunteering during undergrad and through my sorority for the city of austin.

Applied to: Texas State, UNTHSC, UTHSCSA, Old Dominion University, TTUHSC, St. Augustine (Austin Campus), OUHSC

Interviews: UNTHSC (9/11) TTUHSC (10/23), Texas State (declined)

Rejections:

Waitlisted:

Acceptances: UNTHSC (9/28), USA (10/27)
Which school are you going to attend!? Congrats!!

School: Texas A&M University
Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Psychology
cGPA: 3.65 (calculated via PTCAS)
pre-req GPA: 3.2-3.4 (depends on school)
GRE: 155V, 157Q, 4.0 AW

Hours: 550 outpatient (tech)

Extracurricular: Sorority (4 years + 2 years of officer position), pre-PT society (2 years), freshman org (1 year), greek academic honor society (2 years + officer position)

Work: PT Tech

Volunteer: lots of miscellaneous

Applied to: UTSW, UTMB, TX State, Angelo St, UNT, TWU, Tech, Hardin-Simmons

Rejections: UNT, TX State

Interviews: Hardin-Simmons, Tech, UTMB, Angelo State

Waitlisted: Hardin-Simmons

Acceptances: Angelo State

School: SUNY Cortland

Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Science

GPA: 3.78 (calculated via PTCAS)

pre-req GPA: 3.9? not 100% sure

GRE: 150V, 156Q, 4.5 AW

Hours: 58 Hours in pediatric PT facility, 15 hours of in-home PT, 100 hours of Freestanding PT clinic

Extracurricular: Member of Cortland Gymnastics team and captain, Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, member of the NSLS leadership society.

Work: Facility Supervisor at a workout facility (currently), Childcare provider (1 year), special events intern, summer camp instructor (2 summers), gymnastics coach (3 years), nursery worker for childcare (4 years)

Volunteer: Habitat for Humanity, Empty bowls, Handstand Together, Cortland Community Gymnastics Program, Bexar County Medical Society, Youth Serve

Applied to: ASU, TSU, UTHSC, UTSW, USciences (Philadelphia), SUNY Upstate (new york), UNT (all submitted on 9/27 ish)

Interviews: ASU (received 10/12), SUNY (received 9/28), USciences (received10/13), Texas State (received 11/6), UTSW (received 11/6)

Waitlisted:

Acceptances: Usciences! (11/2), SUNY Upstate (11/19)

Rejections: UNT (10/21)
UPDATE: just got an interview with UTHSA (11/25)

School: Texas A&M University
Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Psychology
cGPA: 3.65 (calculated via PTCAS)
pre-req GPA: 3.2-3.4 (depends on school)
GRE: 155V, 157Q, 4.0 AW

Hours: 550 outpatient (tech)

Extracurricular: Sorority (4 years + 2 years of officer position), pre-PT society (2 years), freshman org (1 year), greek academic honor society (2 years + officer position)

Work: PT Tech

Volunteer: lots of miscellaneous

Applied to: UTSW, UTMB, TX State, Angelo St, UNT, TWU, Tech, Hardin-Simmons

Rejections: UNT, TX State

Interviews: Hardin-Simmons, Tech, UTMB, Angelo State

Waitlisted: Hardin-Simmons

Acceptances: Angelo State
how quickly did you hear a response from Angelo? I just had my interview a week ago and they didn't really give me a time line.

how quickly did you hear a response from Angelo? I just had my interview a week ago and they didn't really give me a time line.
I interviewed on 11/7 and got an email yesterday (11/24)!

Congrats! At this point I just want to hear something from them, even if it’s a rejection.
Thank you! I was getting nervous as well since it felt like so long since I submitted my application, hopefully you get a response soon!

Check the application status portal. I never received an email or a letter but they updated the portal with my rejection letter. :(

Submitted my application August 4th

School: Lincoln Memorial University

Major: Exercise Science

cGPA: 3.61

pre-req GPA: 3.6-3.7

GRE: 153V, 149Q, 4.0 AW

Hours: 312 Total, almost all outpatient, only 4 inpatient before Covid restrictions

Extracurricular: Exercise Science Club, state champion powerlifter. Don't know if that counts but I put a bunch of stuff anyways.

Work: GNC sales associate, personal trainer, Marine Corps veteran, Amazon entrepreneur, front desk worker at university gym

Applied to : UIW, UTHSCSA, UTMB, UNT, USA

Interviews: UIW (10/3)

Waitlisted:

Acceptances: USA, UIW

Rejections: UNT
Edit: Interview for UTHSCSA (offered 11/25)

Has anyone heard from Texas tech interview from 11/13?

Congrats on getting an interview. How did it go? I have mine next Friday with the same school. What was the format for the interview like?
Mine is next Friday also. When I posted the reply was when I got the offer.

Anyone still waiting to hear from TWU and UT Southwestern?