Texas PT Schools Application 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have pretty similar stats. I'm a Kine major with a 3.3 and all A's and B's in pre-req with exception of Physics (darn you!) with over 350+ outpatient and like 20 HH . I haven't heard anything whatsoever, does anyone know how they will contact you? I have heard a rumor that if you get an interview it's through email and if rejected it's through snail mail.

Members don't see this ad.

So I heard that UNT tends to favor non traditional applicants more than traditional. Can anyone confirm this?

So is anyone still hopeful for a UNT invite this close to the interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
So is anyone still hopeful for a UNT invite this close to the interview date?

Yes. Only one member of this thread has received an interview slot, and he/she received it last Friday..so we can assume they are still sending out invitations to interview this week. No one at my college has heard back from UNT either. It would be fair to say that a good majority of the interview slots are still available.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. Only one member of this thread has received an interview slot, and he/she received it last Friday..so we can assume they are still sending out invitations to interview this week. No one at my college has heard back from UNT either. It would be fair to say that a good majority of the interview slots are still available.
I emailed sean today this was his response "We are in the process of sending out invitations now. We will contact you via e-mail if you are invited." so I'm holding out a little hope but I'd be lying if i said I'm starting to have doubt.

This is crazy. I have no other words

Reactions: 1 user
lol have you been refreshing this thread as much as I have?

(I have, lol) Every day that passes is one day closer to the interview...getting depressed...

(I have, lol) Every day that passes is one day closer to the interview...getting depressed...

Yeah i was hoping to hear something by...like yesterday lol . Trying not to freak out but it's hard. God's got a plan either way.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah i was hoping to hear something by...like yesterday lol . Trying not to freak out but it's hard. God's got a plan either way.
I refresh my email and the thread all day, LOL. I just want to hear something. But you are so right, God does have a plan for each and every one of us... Jeremiah 29:11. Blessings to you all

Reactions: 3 users
I had words after all...

The waiting is driving me crazy! I started thinking about it and we all have really good stats. Maybe they just start pulling names out of a hat because how else could you explain why some get in and others don't. But it's almost over. Only a few more days of waiting....

I've been ghost on here for a while but I'm in the same boat! Similar stats 3.5 overall with A's and B's in prereqs. Checking by inbox and junk folders every hour lol. Good things come to those who wait right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been ghost on here for a while but I'm in the same boat! Similar stats 3.5 overall with A's and B's in prereqs. Checking by inbox and junk folders every hour lol. Good things come to those who wait right?

lol yeah i hope you're right.

At some point on the online portal did everyone's status page say to contact the admissions office for current info?

At some point on the online portal did everyone's status page say to contact the admissions office for current info?
yeah I saw that but I assume it meant if you had further questions to contact them.

I wonder if the interview slots have been filled yet, since we pretty much only have a day and a half left to hear from them..

Called them yesterday to try and dig some info. Told me still a few open spots and they were going to interview 36 people total on March 7. He said they might send out a few emails early next week if they can't get them all sent out this week.

So, pretty much no news. I wish I would know one way or another right now..so I could move on.

God bless

Called them yesterday to try and dig some info. Told me still a few open spots and they were going to interview 36 people total on March 7. He said they might send out a few emails early next week if they can't get them all sent out this week.

So, pretty much no news. I wish I would know one way or another right now..so I could move on.

God bless

wow,...well I don't know if that makes me feel better, or worse. Thanks for the update. I'm guessing the spots left that are possible are ones that have already been accepted to programs or deny a spot to interview, which might be why it would take longer than their office originally expected...that's just pure speculation. Still doing a lot of praying over here, but It definitely looks grim from where I am.

God bless
Wow. Good to know. Only interviewing 36. I was thinking they would interview at least 100. I guess they filled several of the spots with the November interviews. And I thought if we had not heard by Friday, it was pretty much over. But now we may still hear next week. I guess one of us could call or email late afternoon tomorrow and see if all of the emails went out or not. Then we would know if we are still waiting to hear or not.

Wow. Good to know. Only interviewing 36. I was thinking they would interview at least 100. I guess they filled several of the spots with the November interviews. And I thought if we had not heard by Friday, it was pretty much over. But now we may still hear next week. I guess one of us could call or email late afternoon tomorrow and see if all of the emails went out or not. Then we would know if we are still waiting to hear or not.
yeah that's not a bad idea.

Ok, new update: ALL interview spots have been filled. If someone declines their interview slot, they will work down the list to fill them. But as of now, it's over.

God bless

Ok, new update: ALL interview spots have been filled. If someone declines their interview slot, they will work down the list to fill them. But as of now, it's over.

God bless
That's actually good to know in some ways because that waiting was crazy. But that whole process was a little messy; it has to be a more efficient way of doing it because alerting people one way or another one week prior is not good.

So I just got a call from UNT for the interview next week.
So don't give up hope!

That's GOOD!!! Prayers and Well Wishes to you all ;-)

Congrats! Mind posting stats? Even if they aren't everything..
my stats kinda suck but.....
University: Ashford University
Major: Health Science Administration with a coaching endorsement
Cum GPA: 3.63-(PTCAS )
Prereq GPA: 3.55 (PTCAS)

Extra-Curric: Collegiate women's basketball, Math and Science Honor Society, Student Athlete Ambassador Board, Senior Honor Society, Crossfit, Internships, Work-Sport event staff and Weight room staff

Volunteer hours: 400+ throughout outpatient, inpatient, acute, geriatrics, skilled, assisted living, home care, pediatrics.
Student athletic trainer in hs

The only class that isnt factored into my gpa is my A&P that I took last semester and this semester. Last semester I recieved an A in the class so it probably went up a couple.

Anyone looking to get into TWU, i'm currently a second year and will post my stats.

B.A. in Environmental Studies from Dartmouth College
Cum: 2.4 (I don't know how I got in to TWU)
Pre-req gpa: 3.8
GRE: 1350 writing: 4
Outpatient hours: ~400
Inpatient hours: ~ 100

Basically, as you can see my cumulative GPA was horrendous thanks to the fraternity life and D1 athletics training/competition schedule. I was put 9th on their wait list and did not find out of my acceptance until early March. For those still waiting, don't lose hope! If I got in to the 14th best program in the country, there's hope for everyone. Best of luck everyone.

JT

Reactions: 2 users
Hi you guys, so I was wondering if anyone will be attending UTMB this upcoming August? I haven't heard much talk about it on this thread, but if anyone is planning on attending I would really like to talk to someone about good places to live in Galveston and maybe a potential roommate situation? I know living expenses are always cheaper when you have roommates, and I'm a nice, not loud person lol : ) If you're interested, just want to know a little more about me, or can offer any advice about housing, don't hesitate to let me know! And definitely good luck to those still waiting to hear back from schools. Like jzoo725 said, don't lose hope! I know that pretty much everything about applying to DPT school is so so stressful , but I got in my second time applying and I was really glad I did not give up.

Hello guys, I was wondering if anyone that has interviewed at Angelo State University in the past few weeks has heard back with a decision yet? I interviewed on Feb. 14th and I've been completely anxious. I've been checking my e-mail like every 5 minutes for the past two and a half weeks.

So mad I could scream! Just got the rejection letter from UNT, but it says they could not consider me because my application was incomplete...then went to check their site and sure enough, it says my application was not complete, even though I spoke to Sean and verified everything was received by 1/15/2014. Some of my transcripts went to the wrong admissions offices, but he found them and changed my status to complete. So I don't know if it's because he didn't change my status until the 17th or what! Total BS! All this time and energy to be rejected on a technicality that was due to their disorganization! Makes me so mad!

So mad I could scream! Just got the rejection letter from UNT, but it says they could not consider me because my application was incomplete...then went to check their site and sure enough, it says my application was not complete, even though I spoke to Sean and verified everything was received by 1/15/2014. Some of my transcripts went to the wrong admissions offices, but he found them and changed my status to complete. So I don't know if it's because he didn't change my status until the 17th or what! Total BS! All this time and energy to be rejected on a technicality that was due to their disorganization! Makes me so mad!

At least you received a letter. I have got NOTHING. No letter, email, call, etc. It seems like they pretty much stole my $35 application fee and ran off. If I were you, I would be in their office on Monday raising cane. That is unprofessional and really not acceptable for a graduate-level program, much less a high school.

At least you received a letter. I have got NOTHING. No letter, email, call, etc. It seems like they pretty much stole my $35 application fee and ran off. If I were you, I would be in their office on Monday raising cane. That is unprofessional and really not acceptable for a graduate-level program, much less a high school.
Yes, I will definitely be on the phone first thing Monday morning. I wanted to fire off an email, but I am calmer now! haha. In a small way it does make me feel a little better that I was not rejected based on my stats...

Don't worry, I'm sure your letter is in the mail.

Anyone know if a waitlist was already made for UNT before the last interview or is it like a pool? Apparently 15 spots are open. Not sure how credible that is.

So to all in this thread that have applied to UNT and didn't get invited to an interview, are you still waiting for a rejection notice? I haven't received anything from them since I applied back in November. I know that someone in this thread mentioned that they are known for not sending rejection notices, but someone said they received one. Just wondering who all is in the same boat.

Kinda how I feel. I mean, at this point I know they didn't accept me, but a letter thanking me for applying and stating that I didn't get in would be nice for closure.

So to all in this thread that have applied to UNT and didn't get invited to an interview, are you still waiting for a rejection notice? I haven't received anything from them since I applied back in November. I know that someone in this thread mentioned that they are known for not sending rejection notices, but someone said they received one. Just wondering who all is in the same boat.

Kinda how I feel. I mean, at this point I know they didn't accept me, but a letter thanking me for applying and stating that I didn't get in would be nice for closure.

I received my rejection letter the day of the interview.

I received my rejection letter the day of the interview.

I'm a bit jealous that you at least got a letter. It's been 2 weeks since March 7th, and I have yet to receive anything.

Kinda makes me doubt the professionalism of the program. I know I'm not the only one that hasn't received anything yet. It's too bad too, I would have loved to move back to Ft. Worth as I did my undergraduate studies at TCU.

Update: Just received my letter of rejection from UNTHSC today. The letter itself was dated March 12th, but the envelope was postmarked March 18th.

Not the result I was hoping for, but it was pretty much all a formality once I didn't get an interview invite. At least I got accepted at U of St. Augustine in Austin.

Good luck to those of you still awaiting good news from any of the schools in Texas!

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I just spoke with Mary Beth about the alternate list for TWU Houston. She says it's still not ranked yet, but they are very close to breaking into it (I believe she said only one more person needs to drop). So we might be hearing something soon.... Hang in there, y'all :)